IGNORED

Article: The Definitive Guide To Roon Optimized Core Kit (ROCK)

I am running Roon core on a mostly dedicated Mac mini, and it works beautifully in that role, servicing all the endpoints spread through my house. My NAS is the storage for all my audio files.

Is there any advantage at all in getting the NUC/Rock installation instead, especially, any SQ-related advantage?  If not, then I would like to go the "if it ain't broke..." road, but I would like to know.

The main advantage of the Rock that I am seeing from the reviews is ease of use, and simplicity, but I think my mac mini option is also very simple and easy to use already, apart its availability to work readily like a normal mac if I should ever want it to...

I wouldn't want to change that unless there are some SQ advantages that I shall miss without the NUC/ROCK setup.

Any helpful thoughts would be welcome.

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2018 at 6:55 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ifyou are happy you shouldn’t fix what’s not broken. There is no sound quality advantage moving to a NUC. 

Thanks very much... Now I have a similar question about any possible advantages of moving to a Sonic Transporter i5 from the same mac mini.  If there are no sound quality advantages, then I will consider staying put, and not pulling any triggers.

34 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Others may have a different experience but I wouldn’t switch if looking for a sonic improvement only. 

Thanks again for this wise piece of counseling. ?  My wallet is especially grateful.