IGNORED

Article: The Definitive Guide To Roon Optimized Core Kit (ROCK)

For the Intel NUC7i7BNH, does anyone know if there is a benefit to upgrade the BIOS to the latest 0050 version? 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27057/BIOS-Update-BNKBL357-86A-

Thanks,

V

Main Room: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Linn Selekt DSM with Katalyst DAC > Mark Levinson No. 532H Amp > Thiel Audio CS 2.4 Loudspeakers

Bedroom: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Chord 2Go/Hugo 2 (fixed line level) > McIntosh MHA200 Headphone Amp > Audeze LCD-X (2021) or Focal OG Clear or JH Audio Roxanne IEM

Just now, rickca said:

Did you read the release notes?  What is your current BIOS version?

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27057/eng/BN_0050_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Yes I read the notes. Not sure if the changes make a difference. I have 0046.

Thanks

Main Room: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Linn Selekt DSM with Katalyst DAC > Mark Levinson No. 532H Amp > Thiel Audio CS 2.4 Loudspeakers

Bedroom: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Chord 2Go/Hugo 2 (fixed line level) > McIntosh MHA200 Headphone Amp > Audeze LCD-X (2021) or Focal OG Clear or JH Audio Roxanne IEM

2 minutes ago, rickca said:

You might want to get more current.  Version 47 includes a microcode update to fix a problem with hyperthreading.  You want that fix unless you turn hyperthreading off.  Usually, I don't update the BIOS unless I am having a problem.  You can google for more information about the Skylake/Kaby Lake hyperthreading issue.

Got it. Thanks. I'll look into it!

V

5 hours ago, rickca said:

You might want to get more current.  Version 47 includes a microcode update to fix a problem with hyperthreading.  You want that fix unless you turn hyperthreading off.  Usually, I don't update the BIOS unless I am having a problem.  You can google for more information about the Skylake/Kaby Lake hyperthreading issue.

I updated my NUC7i7BNH from Version 46 to Version 50 with out any problems. Roon ROCK is working great. Thanks for the help.