IGNORED

Tidal Loses CEO

Great video. Thanks for posting. I just find it amusing that people go out of their way to tell the world they "boycott Chik-fil-a or Tidal, etc" due to whatever reason. The real reason, imo, is that they want to be "a part of the club" and deep down could really care less. They want to be seen as a follower (the 80% of population) and worry quite a bit about "fitting in" 

The real bright funny ones are the celebrities "I'm leaving the country if Trump is elected"....Notice they always choose the most "white" areas to move to? France, Vancouver? It's all hilarious

THINK FOR YOURSELF!! Go have a Chik-Fil-A sandwhich and enjoy some tracks on Tidal. Then look at facebook on your phone that was built by communist countries that downplay women and allow child labor. Have at it People

56 minutes ago, arcman said:

Great video. Thanks for posting. I just find it amusing that people go out of their way to tell the world they "boycott Chik-fil-a or Tidal, etc" due to whatever reason. The real reason, imo, is that they want to be "a part of the club" and deep down could really care less. They want to be seen as a follower (the 80% of population) and worry quite a bit about "fitting in" 

The real bright funny ones are the celebrities "I'm leaving the country if Trump is elected"....Notice they always choose the most "white" areas to move to? France, Vancouver? It's all hilarious

THINK FOR YOURSELF!! Go have a Chik-Fil-A sandwhich and enjoy some tracks on Tidal. Then look at facebook on your phone that was built by communist countries that downplay women and allow child labor. Have at it People

Interesting opinion, albeit incorrect. I don't eat at Chick-fil-a because I'd be contributing to something that goes against my own interests. I don't know another person who does (not eat at CFA) this and the only other person who knows that I don't eat there is my wife. Thus, I don't publicize it (to "tell the world") and I don't do it to be "a part of the club" because as far as I know I'm the only one I know in the club. 

I'm sure there are people who act like you suggest, but I don't know any of them. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, arcman said:

Have you ever visited Vancouver? 40% of the population is of Asian descent. Those who want to stay in their white cocoons need to do some research if Vancouver is on their list. Canada is a proudly multicultural country. 50% of the population of Toronto was born outside Canada.

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Interesting opinion, albeit incorrect. I don't eat at Chick-fil-a because I'd be contributing to something that goes against my own interests. I don't know another person who does this and the only other person who knows that I don't eat there is my wife. Thus, I don't publicize it (to "tell the world") and I don't do it to be "a part of the club" because as far as I know I'm the only one I know in the club. 

I'm sure there are people who act like you suggest, but I don't know any of them. 

I'm sure you are an exception. Unfortunately, there are way too many "be a part of the club" people (both left and right) IMO. Many base their "facade" beliefs on what's cool or hip with the entertainment people with platforms.

In my neighborhood, very liberal-high $$, very white, there are a plethora of "acceptance" yard signs, "anti hate" yard signs. For most, it's a "be a part of the club" facade. These are the same people that go out of their way to post selfies of themselves at a soup kitchen feeding poor African Americans or with women wearing religious head garb at a cultural festival. Although most do not realize it, they treat minorities like "pets in a zoo" or "children with disabilities". "Hey..look at me petting the minority." same principal. Then they go back home to their All white neighborhood (with yard signs). I work with all kinds of people from all different ethnic backgrounds and I have heard a couple "laugh" at silly whites trying to "parade" their so called minority acceptance. These are the same people who would panic (inside their homes) if black neighbor's moved in. 

As a christian, I get push back because I'm for legal pot. I don't go out of my way to advocate or march at the statehouse...just an opinion. I find the principal of "against pot" but being "ok with legalized alcohol" ridiculous. 

As a more conservative person (I'm probably more libertarian than anything), I cannot fatham why people are for Capital Punishment. The right goes out of their way NOT to trust Govt, but they trust it in this one instance? 

Same with audiophiles (much lighter topic). Most would knock BOSE, using equalizers, etc because "that's what real audiophiles do". 

It's just human nature I guess. I try my best to think on principal rather than emotion or someone else's emotion

cheers

6 minutes ago, Toolio said:

Have you ever visited Vancouver? 40% of the population is of Asian descent. Those who want to stay in their white cocoons need to do some research if Vancouver is on their list. Canada is a proudly multicultural country. 50% of the population of Toronto was born outside Canada.

You know as well as me what I was referring to.....Vancover has very low "black" population. Asians moving into neighborhoods do not get the reactions of "black people" moving in neigborhoods. You can pretend that does not exist...but racism is alive and well among the "do gooder" rich liberals.

If you placed anonymous questionnaires on rich white, liberal people's doorsteps with a "you get to choose your neighbor--check the box next to the picture". One picture African American, the other Asian...I'm willing to bet the Asian would be the winner

6 minutes ago, arcman said:

I'm sure you are an exception. Unfortunately, there are way too many "be a part of the club" people (both left and right) IMO. Many base their "facade" beliefs on what's cool or hip with the entertainment people with platforms.

In my neighborhood, very liberal-high $$, very white, there are a plethora of "acceptance" yard signs, "anti hate" yard signs. For most, it's a "be a part of the club" facade. These are the same people that go out of their way to post selfies of themselves at a soup kitchen feeding poor African Americans or with women wearing religious head garb at a cultural festival. Although most do not realize it, they treat minorities like "pets in a zoo" or "children with disabilities". "Hey..look at me petting the minority." same principal. Then they go back home to their All white neighborhood (with yard signs). I work with all kinds of people from all different ethnic backgrounds and I have heard a couple "laugh" at silly whites trying to "parade" their so called minority acceptance. These are the same people who would panic (inside their homes) if black neighbor's moved in. 

As a christian, I get push back because I'm for legal pot. I don't go out of my way to advocate or march at the statehouse...just an opinion. I find the principal of "against pot" but being "ok with legalized alcohol" ridiculous. 

As a more conservative person (I'm probably more libertarian than anything), I cannot fatham why people are for Capital Punishment. The right goes out of their way NOT to trust Govt, but they trust it in this one instance? 

Same with audiophiles (much lighter topic). Most would knock BOSE, using equalizers, etc because "that's what real audiophiles do". 

It's just human nature I guess. I try my best to think on principal rather than emotion or someone else's emotion

cheers

Ah. I hear ya.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, arcman said:

You know as well as me what I was referring to.....Vancover has very low "black" population. Asians moving into neighborhoods do not get the reactions of "black people" moving in neigborhoods. You can pretend that does not exist...but racism is alive and well among the "do gooder" rich liberals.

In my experience most racists are equal opportunists. If they dislike blacks they gernerally dislike Asians and just about anyone else they consider "non-white."

1 minute ago, Toolio said:

In my experience most racists are equal opportunists. If they dislike blacks they gernerally dislike Asians and just about anyone else they consider "non-white."

That is true, maybe much more in the south. But.....if most white prople had a choice (and it was not shared with public)they would choose Asian, Indian, Jewish, etc..over black. I know it sounds harsh...it's the truth. One of the "sign lovers" a couple years back was touting the property tax levy (door to door---no signs back then) and a reason was "high taxes keeps out riff raff". Everyone "knew--wink wink" what he was referring to. Maybe the yard signs his family have up now are due to guilt.

2 hours ago, arcman said:

I'm with you 100% there, I've never see anything as hypocritical as some people around here just before our last election, screaming to vote against Medical Marijuana as they were tossing down the 8th beer or 4th cocktail of the evening.

Glad it passed in spite of them.

Got to love Florida, we delivered both Trump to office and Pot to the stores in the same election.  wOOt

As to being a Christian, I always thought that was what the priest had in that smoky burner thing he waved down the isles during a high mass.  :P

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

1 minute ago, christopher3393 said:

Dude, you gotta try Three Kings Pontifical Resin. Frankincense and myrrh....mmmmmmm!

The original HIGH RESin!

gri-pontifical.thumb.jpg.581929cf53cba36177d25069603312b6.jpg

Looks interesting. I would take being around a room full of "pot heads" any day than a room or bar full of people liquored up. I've been to hundreds of concerts, clubs, festivals, sporting events  etc in my almost 50 years. Every fight or rowdy "acting up" has always been from the "drinkers". 

We have a society that does not allow pot but you can go tanning in "cancer" beds at your local salon. Amazing

6 minutes ago, arcman said:

Looks interesting. I would take being around a room full of "pot heads" any day than a room or bar full of people liquored up. I've been to hundreds of concerts, clubs, festivals, sporting events  etc in my almost 50 years. Every fight or rowdy "acting up" has always been from the "drinkers". 

We have a society that does not allow pot but you can go tanning in "cancer" beds at your local salon. Amazing

And, you can show a guy get his head blown off in prime time movies, but the human body being shown is a no-no.

42 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

Got to love Florida, we delivered both Trump to office and Pot to the stores in the same election.  wOOt

In contrast, it would seem VP Pence would gladly take pot away at the first opportunity.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

3 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Dude, you gotta try Three Kings Pontifical Resin. Frankincense and myrrh....mmmmmmm!

The original HIGH RESin!

gri-pontifical.thumb.jpg.581929cf53cba36177d25069603312b6.jpg

By the way isn't this what 

3 hours ago, arcman said:

Isn't this the same stuff George Brett used on his bat that got Billy Martin so upset?

i only bring this up to point to the absurdity this particular thread has taken

who gives a rat's ass about any of these politically racist comments-i this is supposed to an audiophile web site not an open forum on color/past history of TIDAL's owners MQA's developers  ETC

bobbmd

ALL I CARE ABOUT IS HOW THE MUSIC SOUNDS

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

And, you can show a guy get his head blown off in prime time movies, but the human body being shown is a no-no.

Yes. Sadly, one can see real heads being blown off by just opening a browser.

Getting back on topic, I was doing a little more research into Tidal and came across this article about Tidal losing its CEO - https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/tidal-loses-its-third-ceo-in-two-years-as-jeff-toig-exits/

After reading it, I thing the title is a bit salacious. Yes, this is the third CEO out the door, but when you break it down, it's really the first (in a way). Andy Chen was the WiMP CEO when it was purchased by Sean Carter's Project Panther and renamed Tidal. Almost all companies replace the existing CEO when purchasing another company. So, big deal that Andy and Tidal parted ways. Peter Tonstad replaced Andy as a stop gap / interim CEO because Peter already worked at WiMP/Tidal and could hold the company together while the first CEO under Tidal's new ownership was found. Then Jeff Toig was brought onboard as Tidal's first real CEO (post acquisition). 

I look at this as Tidal losing its first CEO. Call me crazy, but this just seems to be fairly normal. 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Getting back on topic, I was doing a little more research into Tidal and came across this article about Tidal losing its CEO - https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/tidal-loses-its-third-ceo-in-two-years-as-jeff-toig-exits/

After reading it, I thing the title is a bit salacious. Yes, this is the third CEO out the door, but when you break it down, it's really the first (in a way). Andy Chen was the WiMP CEO when it was purchased by Sean Carter's Project Panther and renamed Tidal. Almost all companies replace the existing CEO when purchasing another company. So, big deal that Andy and Tidal parted ways. Peter Tonstad replaced Andy as a stop gap / interim CEO because Peter already worked at WiMP/Tidal and could hold the company together while the first CEO under Tidal's new ownership was found. Then Jeff Toig was brought onboard as Tidal's first real CEO (post acquisition). 

I look at this as Tidal losing its first CEO. Call me crazy, but this just seems to be fairly normal. 

CEO's usually don't buy a lot of stocks in their companies if the outlook is horrible.  CEO's also usually don't leave companies that have great outlooks.

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you lived in a 55 and over community like I do you'd realized there's a lot you don't want to see.  :P

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.