IGNORED

Tidal Loses CEO

7 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

Can you see the hypocrisy in those two paragraph?

I honestly don't. 

I don't support one business because it actively does things that hurt me. 

You don't support one business because ???, even though you are going against your own interests. 

I'm not sacrificing anything. You are. And for what?

P.S. You should read the Wikipedia page about Sean Carter and his philanthropy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Z

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I honestly don't. 

You don't support one business because ???, even though you are going against your own interests. 

P.S. You should read the Wikipedia page about Sean Carter and his philanthropy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Z

Yes he might be successful today but his past seems to haunt him, And cast doubts on how he made his success, did the selling of drugs help him ?,  Who knows

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/09/19/jay-zs-past-includes-being-crack-dealer-stabbing-record-producer/

The Truth Is Out There

Make a big mistake, let the press find out you committed it (and label it big) and the eyes of the audience will fierce behind you.

Do a charitable work and the press will not give importance, nor the audience either.

Who said, "I do not care what the underdog thinks while the court of my conscience absolves me"?

Some time ago a friend told me that he did not listen to the songs of a famous Cuban singer-songwriter because he was a communist. Although the lyrics of their songs referred to love and never to a social-communist theme...

I do not disqualify the Puritans, but as long as they use common sense ...!

Roch

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I honestly don't. 

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes, his past crimes were over 17 years ago and people still sacrifice their own interest in order to not support him. Strange to me. 

Your's is a typical liberal position. You agree with the freedom to vote with your dollars,  as long as I agree with your position. I disagree with Jay Z in just about every way possible and chose to support my position with my money. There's no sense in me listing all the ways but for anyone to calm racism is pure mis-direction BS. A huge failing in today's politics, if you disagree with a person who happens to be black, brown, red, or yellow,  you're a racist. WRONG

You may be going against your own best interests, Chick Fil A might have some dynamite food, a huge nationwide customer base believe so. And some if them  might even dis-agree with their politics but support their freedom of speech and religious beliefs anyway?

He admitted peddling crack for a decade and contributing to the destruction of how many lives?  He stabbed Lance “Un” Rivera - the CEO and co-founder of Untertainment numerous times, and instead of getting 15 years, because of $ and public celebrity position, he was allowed to plea out with 3 years probation.  He should be in JAIL, not making mega millions.

22 hours ago, mav52 said:

Sounds like 'prejudice' to me.

I didn't support Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, or Richard Nixon, does that mean I hate white people?

You want to throw the race card on me? I believe Jay Z has dodged the legal system justice because he was black. POOR BOY, he had a ruff life. So do millions that don't go around stabbing people or peddling drugs.

Give up the race card baiting, it really is a lame approach.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

3 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

You say let's not tip toe around but you never actually get around to using the word Racist. That is what you meant though, isn't it? I don't care for Rap as a musical genre so I must be a Racist? I don't care for Opera all the much either but that's mostly overweight white people. What's the epithet for that?

I believe you're using a logical fallacy that says is A isn't true, the opposite, or Z, must be true. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, daverich4 said:

You say let's not tip toe around but you never actually get around to using the word Racist. That is what you meant though, isn't it? I don't care for Rap as a musical genre so I must be a Racist? I don't care for Opera all the much either but that's mostly overweight white people. What's the epithet for that?

Yea, what he said.  

I dislike Rap enough that I must be some sort of "Grand Duke" of a Racist.  Where do I get the T-shirt?  Wait, that's not enough.  Swastika's always bored me so I won't be tattooing one of those on my forehead...will dressing up in a pointy had and a white robe do?  I mean, I don't want anyone to get confused about where I stand.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe you're using a logical fallacy that says is A isn't true, the opposite, or Z, must be true. 

??

What he was responding to is defended as racist - not an individual, crude, bigotry but a kind of racism of the aristocracy - a racism of "ideas".  It is very very common allegation in Academia for example  - do I need to point to examples?

22 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

Your's is a typical liberal position. You agree with the freedom to vote with your dollars,  as long as I agree with your position. I disagree with Jay Z in just about every way possible and chose to support my position with my money. There's no sense in me listing all the ways but for anyone to calm racism is pure mis-direction BS. A huge failing in today's politics, if you disagree with a person who happens to be black, brown, red, or yellow,  you're a racist. WRONG

You may be going against your own best interests, Chick Fil A might have some dynamite food, a huge nationwide customer base believe so. And some if them  might even dis-agree with their politics but support their freedom of speech and religious beliefs anyway?

He admitted peddling crack for a decade and contributing to the destruction of how many lives?  He stabbed Lance “Un” Rivera - the CEO and co-founder of Untertainment numerous times, and instead of getting 15 years, because of $ and public celebrity position, he was allowed to plea out with 3 years probation.  He should be in JAIL, not making mega millions.

I didn't support Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, or Richard Nixon, does that mean I hate white people?

You want to throw the race card on me? I believe Jay Z has dodged the legal system justice because he was black. POOR BOY, he had a ruff life. So do millions that don't go around stabbing people or peddling drugs.

Give up the race card baiting, it really is a lame approach.

Totally false. I'm a libertarian. Live and let live. 

Please let me know where I brought up racism or baited you. It's funny when I ask for reasons and you jump to "I'm not racists." Similar to when I walk in the house and my daughter immediately tells me she didn't eat all the cookies (without me saying anything about cookies).

I simply asked people why they go against their own interests. I never said anything about people not agreeing with me shouldn't be able to vote with their own dollars. 

I did ask for help understanding their position because it doesn't make sense to me. That's all. 

Now you don't support Tidal because Sean Carter used the legal system to the best of his ability, just like you or I would? You think a prosecutor put his career on the line to let Sean Carter off? Wow. And you factor this into your lossless music streaming thought process. Wow.

Miles Davis beat his wife. Please stop listening to his music and sell all your albums. 

I support CFA to do whatever they want. I'm not sacrificing by not eating the food. I can eat at millions of other places. On the other hand, you are sacrificing by streaming lossy music because Tidal is the only game in town, and you do that like the guy who committed crimes 17 years ago. It's just strange to me. 

15 minutes ago, crenca said:

Yea, what he said.  

I dislike Rap enough that I must be some sort of "Grand Duke" of a Racist.  Where do I get the T-shirt?  Wait, that's not enough.  Swastika's always bored me so I won't be tattooing one of those on my forehead...will dressing up in a pointy had and a white robe do?  I mean, I don't want anyone to get confused about where I stand.

You're doing the same thing. Did anyone say those who don't like rap are racist? That would be absurd. 

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Now you don't support Tidal because Sean Carter used the legal system to the best of his ability, just like you or I would? You think a prosecutor put his career on the line to let Sean Carter off? Wow. And you factor this into your lossless music streaming thought process. Wow.

Good point.  The failures (or successes) of the "broken justice system" are just that, and yes anyone of us would of course poor all our resources and talent into keeping our own behinds out of it

On the below, not "strange", just different - a different set of principles than the ones that inform a libertarian outlook...

I support CFA to do whatever they want. I'm not sacrificing by not eating the food. I can eat at millions of other places. On the other hand, you are sacrificing by streaming lossy music because Tidal is the only game in town, and you do that like the guy who committed crimes 17 years ago. It's just strange to me. 

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You're doing the same thing. Did anyone say those who don't like rap are racist? That would be absurd. 

It is absurd, but that IS what the man (i.e. Booster) is saying...he is careful to avoid the word of course.

35 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

No, I'm saying they both aren't true. Or if I'm not Woke enough, I may be a Racist and not know it but that isn't the reason I don't care for Rap music.

"I am totally fine with voting with dollars. I won't eat at Chick Fil-A because the company's social viewpoints and political spending go against my own interests. 

34 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

No you don't support them, you penalize them for their politics as I understand it. As you asked me about J Z, what is it exactly you find them to  "go against my own interests"? You can't get a Chick Fil-A sandwich any where else besides there, it is their exclusive design.

I can get lossless music from any of a number of other places. As I posted earlier, I regularly use Spotify to earmark music I'm interested in, then purchase a lossless version somewhere else. It is I who sacrifice nothing except to further contribute to a gangsters wealth.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

I'd be interested in hearing Sal list the ways he disagrees with Sean Carter. I'd also like to know what other businesses he applied this principle to, including and especially any owned by guys who evaded jail because they were white. No evidence necessary, of course, as none was adduced in Mr Carter's case and fair is fair.

i actually really don't give that much of a crap, but if you swagger in here showing off your virtue and making out like the rest of us are short in that department you should be prepared to show us all your bona fides.

Mac Mini (+Tidal +Roon) -> WiFi -> Lyngdorf TDAI1120 ->JM Reynaud Lucia (Tellurium Q Black v2)

9 minutes ago, trappy said:

I'd be interested in hearing Sal list the ways he disagrees with Sean Carter. I'd also like to know what other businesses he applied this principle to, including and especially any owned by guys who evaded jail because they were white. No evidence necessary, of course, as none was adduced in Mr Carter's case and fair is fair.

i actually really don't give that much of a crap, but if you swagger in here showing off your virtue and making out like the rest of us are short in that department you should be prepared to show us all your bona fides.

I don't have time to fulfill your crap either beyond what I've already listed, read the thread. And if you have no knowledge of his past or politics you have no business contributing here.

And it is I and some others here who are showing some integrity in our choices. Show me your bona fides as I question yours.