IGNORED

Tidal Loses CEO

7 minutes ago, DrN said:

Chris,

Geee i got lambasted not long ago and in not so many words called a "bigot" 

My "true Identity" according to you.

Because I said I would never use Tidal considering of who owns it.

Nothing is changed on my end still won't give them a dime.

And that's why I do not read much or post here.

I can't help how you perceive criticism or questioning.

I'd love to understand more about people's aversion to Sean Carter. He is a great American success story. The American dream is alive and well. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I guess this topic really gets to me. I no longer have friends working at Tidal, and the company no longer advertises on CA, so I really don't have a hidden interest. 

I just don't understand the hatred for the ownership group. So much dislike that people will sacrifice their own interest in lossless music, to stream lossy versions from another company. 

I am totally fine with voting with dollars. I won't eat at Chick Fil-A because the company's social viewpoints and political spending go against my own interests.  

I just don't understand why people hate Sean Carter so much, they'll go against their own interest to not support one of his companies. Perhaps someone could help me understand. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just don't understand why people hate Sean Carter so much, they'll go against their own interest to not support one of his companies. Perhaps someone could help me understand. 

I'll try:  If Obama had backed legislation disbanding the Democratic Party, many in their Republican opposition would have voted against it, purely because it was legislation backed by a black president.

It goes along the lines of President Obama, be it different public achievements.  Being black and out in public doing business with your head up and a rap star on top of it.  Old Bobby Dylan nailed it with Rubin Carter in "Hurricane".

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

5 minutes ago, ElviaCaprice said:

It goes along the lines of President Obama, be it different public achievements.  Being black and out in public doing business with your head up and a rap star on top of it.  Old Bobby Dylan nailed it with Rubin Carter in "Hurricane".

Sounds like 'prejudice' to me.

The Truth Is Out There

What if it was owned by Snoop Dogg, same reaction, or worse?  How about Vince Neil form Motley Crue, now we change the genre, is this a better owner for Tidal.  Vince was convicted of manslaughter for killing his best friend while drunk driving and he was also a drug user.  

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

I am all for Jay Z and his rap buddies making millions. The majority of those dollars spent on rap "music"  are transfer payments or derivatives thereof. Good to see he and his gang spending and investing those dollars legitimately - hopefully creating wealth and growing the economy. As for his past it is what it is. He has made a fortune in a capitalist society. He has been spared serious incarceration by grace... Yet he goes out of his way to criticize and spew a good bit of hatred towards the country that allowed his fortune...so much like most of the musicians/actors do also.

I have no idea how or why  Mr. Obama got dragged into this thread...but we are MAGA....

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm well aware of this. However, the product is used in a vastly different way. If it was a real streaming service it would be embedded in cars like Pandora or Android Auto. Plus, please separate the music streaming from non music streaming on YouTube and show me the numbers. 

Think about the experience between YouTube and streaming services. It's vastly different. Try riding the train to work and using YouTube to listen to music. It's not as popular as a music service as people think. 

According to this article, it is.

https://www.wired.com/2015/11/youtube-music-opens-sites-enormous-music-collection-to-all/

25 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

I would love to see data for specific YouTube Music app users. 

I'm not a curmodgeon, I just do the buy into the "read it on the internet, it must be true" thing. 

10 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

Don't judge. Or judge. whatever. I wouldn't want to walk a mile in the shoes he wore as a child, on the other hand he's got Beyonce now so I'd probably rather walk in his shoes than yours ;) 

10 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_(service)

"During the previously-mentioned press conference, Jay Z himself, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, Daft Punk, Jack White, Madonna, Arcade Fire, Alicia Keys, Usher, Chris Martin, Calvin Harris, deadmau5, Jason Aldean and J. Cole were introduced to the stage as "the owners of TIDAL".

What a cool group of performers. Its great to see actual musicians getting involved in the business side.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I guess this topic really gets to me. I no longer have friends working at Tidal, and the company no longer advertises on CA, so I really don't have a hidden interest. 

I just don't understand the hatred for the ownership group. So much dislike that people will sacrifice their own interest in lossless music, to stream lossy versions from another company. 

I am totally fine with voting with dollars. I won't eat at Chick Fil-A because the company's social viewpoints and political spending go against my own interests.  

Do you understand the difference between The Minneapolis Sound, P Funk and Go Go? 

11 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Can you see the hypocrisy in those two paragraph?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.