IGNORED

Tidal Loses CEO

11 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Totally false. I'm a libertarian. Live and let live. 

Please let me know where I brought up racism or baited you. It's funny when I ask for reasons and you jump to "I'm not racists." Similar to when I walk in the house and my daughter immediately tells me she didn't eat all the cookies (without me saying anything about cookies).

I simply asked people why they go against their own interests. I never said anything about people not agreeing with me shouldn't be able to vote with their own dollars. 

I did ask for help understanding their position because it doesn't make sense to me. That's all. 

Now you don't support Tidal because Sean Carter used the legal system to the best of his ability, just like you or I would? You think a prosecutor put his career on the line to let Sean Carter off? Wow. And you factor this into your lossless music streaming thought process. Wow.

Miles Davis beat his wife. Please stop listening to his music and sell all your albums. 

I support CFA to do whatever they want. I'm not sacrificing by not eating the food. I can eat at millions of other places. On the other hand, you are sacrificing by streaming lossy music because Tidal is the only game in town, and you do that like the guy who committed crimes 17 years ago. It's just strange to me. 

Can't even count the number of jazz musicians who were junkies. And musicians of all types who abused spouses or girlfriends or dealt in drugs. 

How about athletes?

So do you boycott all sports, jazz, rock, and any corporation associated with sports leagues and athletes?

I can understand boycotting a musician b/c of something he/she is doing today. But 17 years ago?

Full disclosure: I refuse to spend any money on anything relating to Michael Jackson, now that he is dead...why? Because the money now goes to the family, who were the people who abused and exploited  him from childhood and turned him into a messed up freak. I don't want to reward them. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I hope you saw that I wasn't serious in advocating not listening to Miles Davis. Just making sure. 

Of course. Wasn't referring to you.  I just don't get the whole "he was a bad guy once, let's boycott him" position. If applied consistently, about half the musicians in the world would be boycotted.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

9 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

Be sure to get your copy of OJ's  "If I Did It : Confessions of the Killer. After all it's been 25 years since he cut Nicole and Ron's throats and he was found innocent by our genius legal system. He just might need a few extra bucks for the lawyers at his next parole hearing.

Non sequitur. False analogy. OJ doesn't acknowledge his crimes, hasn't reformed himself, and makes no positive contribution to society. Innocent or guilty  by the legal system has nothing to do with morality.