IGNORED

Tidal Loses CEO

It is somewhat ironic that a music-focussed discussion would centre on objections to drug use and criminality in a profession that has plenty of both. This includes most genres of music, although I suspect classical may be a little lower on the scale. But more ironic is the notion in some posts of "guilty despite being proven innocent." Each of us is entitled to the best possible defence in a court of law. If that defence is as successful as possible, it often results in a decision of innocence. Until, of course, the judge and jury of Audiophile forums surface.

I'm a middle-aged white Canadian who for almost 20 years has lived in a predominantly black, African-influenced culture (Salvador, Brasil). I don't give a shit about the colour of anyone's skin, and I never have. I subscribe to Tidal because I like it, I'm not a big fan of Jay Z because I find his personality annoying. I think Kendrick Lamar is a genius and listen to a few other rappers from time to time, but I would not describe myself as fan of rap. So, after reading this discussion I'm not sure what I am any more, except perhaps bemused by some of the responses.

1 hour ago, arcman said:

The real bright funny ones are the celebrities "I'm leaving the country if Trump is elected"....Notice they always choose the most "white" areas to move to? France, Vancouver? It's all hilarious

Have you ever visited Vancouver? 40% of the population is of Asian descent. Those who want to stay in their white cocoons need to do some research if Vancouver is on their list. Canada is a proudly multicultural country. 50% of the population of Toronto was born outside Canada.

4 minutes ago, arcman said:

You know as well as me what I was referring to.....Vancover has very low "black" population. Asians moving into neighborhoods do not get the reactions of "black people" moving in neigborhoods. You can pretend that does not exist...but racism is alive and well among the "do gooder" rich liberals.

In my experience most racists are equal opportunists. If they dislike blacks they gernerally dislike Asians and just about anyone else they consider "non-white."

I spend most of my time in Brasil, but I also have a house a small city in Ontario, Canada. The number of OTA channels available there is exactly zero. Sometimes it's not about choice at all, lol. But it does have gigabit Internet.