IGNORED

Tidal Loses CEO

I'll be fine with whatever comes across.

I'm on Spotify and hopefully they'll soon go lossless, but in the meantime I can continue to live with the 320 stream for sampling and then I purchase the music I really want.

Personally he-l will freeze over before I'd contribute ten cents to the likes of a criminal gangster like Jay Z and his crew.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow. Sean Carter is an incredible entrepreneur who came from literally nothing, to run very successful companies. 

To call him a criminal gangster, and "his crew" whatever that means, is ignorant. Please tell me who this crew is. 

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/09/19/jay-zs-past-includes-being-crack-dealer-stabbing-record-producer/

Ignorant? Do you know who he really is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_(service)

"During the previously-mentioned press conference, Jay Z himself, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, Daft Punk, Jack White, Madonna, Arcade Fire, Alicia Keys, Usher, Chris Martin, Calvin Harris, deadmau5, Jason Aldean and J. Cole were introduced to the stage as "the owners of TIDAL".

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

11 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I am totally fine with voting with dollars. I won't eat at Chick Fil-A because the company's social viewpoints and political spending go against my own interests.  

I just don't understand why people hate Sean Carter so much, they'll go against their own interest to not support one of his companies. Perhaps someone could help me understand. 

Can you see the hypocrisy in those two paragraph?

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I honestly don't. 

I don't support one business because it actively does things that hurt me. 

You don't support one business because ???, even though you are going against your own interests. 

I'm not sacrificing anything. You are. And for what?

P.S. You should read the Wikipedia page about Sean Carter and his philanthropy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Z

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes, his past crimes were over 17 years ago and people still sacrifice their own interest in order to not support him. Strange to me. 

Your's is a typical liberal position. You agree with the freedom to vote with your dollars,  as long as I agree with your position. I disagree with Jay Z in just about every way possible and chose to support my position with my money. There's no sense in me listing all the ways but for anyone to calm racism is pure mis-direction BS. A huge failing in today's politics, if you disagree with a person who happens to be black, brown, red, or yellow,  you're a racist. WRONG

You may be going against your own best interests, Chick Fil A might have some dynamite food, a huge nationwide customer base believe so. And some if them  might even dis-agree with their politics but support their freedom of speech and religious beliefs anyway?

He admitted peddling crack for a decade and contributing to the destruction of how many lives?  He stabbed Lance “Un” Rivera - the CEO and co-founder of Untertainment numerous times, and instead of getting 15 years, because of $ and public celebrity position, he was allowed to plea out with 3 years probation.  He should be in JAIL, not making mega millions.

22 hours ago, mav52 said:

Sounds like 'prejudice' to me.

I didn't support Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, or Richard Nixon, does that mean I hate white people?

You want to throw the race card on me? I believe Jay Z has dodged the legal system justice because he was black. POOR BOY, he had a ruff life. So do millions that don't go around stabbing people or peddling drugs.

Give up the race card baiting, it really is a lame approach.

"I am totally fine with voting with dollars. I won't eat at Chick Fil-A because the company's social viewpoints and political spending go against my own interests. 

34 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I support CFA to do whatever they want. I'm not sacrificing by not eating the food. I can eat at millions of other places. On the other hand, you are sacrificing by streaming lossy music because Tidal is the only game in town, and you do that like the guy who committed crimes 17 years ago. It's just strange to me. 

No you don't support them, you penalize them for their politics as I understand it. As you asked me about J Z, what is it exactly you find them to  "go against my own interests"? You can't get a Chick Fil-A sandwich any where else besides there, it is their exclusive design.

I can get lossless music from any of a number of other places. As I posted earlier, I regularly use Spotify to earmark music I'm interested in, then purchase a lossless version somewhere else. It is I who sacrifice nothing except to further contribute to a gangsters wealth.

9 minutes ago, trappy said:

I'd be interested in hearing Sal list the ways he disagrees with Sean Carter. I'd also like to know what other businesses he applied this principle to, including and especially any owned by guys who evaded jail because they were white. No evidence necessary, of course, as none was adduced in Mr Carter's case and fair is fair.

i actually really don't give that much of a crap, but if you swagger in here showing off your virtue and making out like the rest of us are short in that department you should be prepared to show us all your bona fides.

I don't have time to fulfill your crap either beyond what I've already listed, read the thread. And if you have no knowledge of his past or politics you have no business contributing here.

And it is I and some others here who are showing some integrity in our choices. Show me your bona fides as I question yours.

6 minutes ago, LCC0256 said:

if you have to ask in what ways Sal disagrees with Mr. Carter - then you would not understand when he told you...If you have read Sal's postings  over the years you will see he is not someone trying to "show off virtue" His posts are well reasoned and made with conviction yet not judgmental. He has disagreed with me in the past several times yet i never felt he was judging me at all nor did i feel he was asserting any moral superiority. You go on supporting and being a Jay Z fanboy. This (for now) is still a free country. 

Thank you for that, it is very much appreciated.

cent' anni

1 hour ago, Booster MPS said:

Nobody is a racist for not liking rap or Jay Z, but when anything rap/Jay Z related goes down and all the hate comes out.....wow.

Just a quick observation after which I intend to let this threads current direction die.

Along with racist, why are some people so quick to throw out extreme descriptive words like hate or hater?

No matter my personal feelings toward Jay Z or even rap in general  (which I never mentioned even once in this thread), I can take a political position against either without any feelings or intent of hate. People who hate commit actions of violence going as far as the lynching you mentioned, or the beating of white Trump supporters by blacks on the streets of Chicago and elsewhere. Are you suggesting that because I refuse to inject even one cent of my money into Jay Z's wealth that I would lynch him if the opportunity presented itself? I'm sure your not, but I think you get the point I'm trying to make.

In the last decade or two we have become way too quick to throw out horrid descriptors for people who's honorable positions we disagree with, in a attempt to discredit them and present them as deplorable people.

These approaches are as dishonorable and lacking in integrity as any I've witnessed and hopefully people will rise above one day.

BTW, I'm a approaching 70 Italian-American that was born, grew up on, and lived until my retirement in 2010, on the inner city streets of Chicago.  I know dang near as much or more than most about street life in the "hood" and the conditions they present.

20 minutes ago, Jud said:

Snopes says it was a traffic altercation, not political.

What a sad statement that is.  :(

If the colors were reversed but the exact same words and actions taken it would have been a headline story for weeks about the "hate crime" in Chicago.

Nuff said, let's not go there.

1 hour ago, Teresa said:

I just want to point out there is also a non-political reason for not eating at Chick-Fil-A. I'm a vegetarian and I don't eat any dead animals including chickens.

No love lost for killin the poor plants huh. ;)

6 minutes ago, Teresa said:

and nuts would rot on the ground

You know they say you are what you eat.  xD

Just teasin you Teresa.

God Bless

12 hours ago, kumakuma said:

Thanks for that link, it gave me a real chuckle.

Ya just gotta love Jessica Simpson.  :P

PETA - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals - is at it again. When actress Jessica Simpson recently wore a T-shirt bearing the words “Real Girls Eat Meat,”

the animal-rights zealots pounced. -----------------

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Of course. Wasn't referring to you.  I just don't get the whole "he was a bad guy once, let's boycott him" position. If applied consistently, about half the musicians in the world would be boycotted.

Be sure to get your copy of OJ's  "If I Did It : Confessions of the Killer. After all it's been 25 years since he cut Nicole and Ron's throats and he was found innocent by our genius legal system. He just might need a few extra bucks for the lawyers at his next parole hearing.

8 minutes ago, firedog said:

Innocent or guilty  by the legal system has nothing to do with morality.

Now your getting it.

9 minutes ago, arcman said:

i don't care ....I don't care...Most of you don't either...Stop being phonies!!! 

You get a like for making me laugh.  :D

2 hours ago, arcman said:

As a christian, I get push back because I'm for legal pot. I don't go out of my way to advocate or march at the statehouse...just an opinion. I find the principal of "against pot" but being "ok with legalized alcohol" ridiculous. 

I'm with you 100% there, I've never see anything as hypocritical as some people around here just before our last election, screaming to vote against Medical Marijuana as they were tossing down the 8th beer or 4th cocktail of the evening.

Glad it passed in spite of them.

Got to love Florida, we delivered both Trump to office and Pot to the stores in the same election.  wOOt

As to being a Christian, I always thought that was what the priest had in that smoky burner thing he waved down the isles during a high mass.  :P

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

And, you can show a guy get his head blown off in prime time movies, but the human body being shown is a no-no.

If you lived in a 55 and over community like I do you'd realized there's a lot you don't want to see.  :P

59 minutes ago, james45974 said:

I feel that the world of streaming revolves around the concept of "good enough" for most people.  They don't actively shop around because their familiar service is good enough and there really isn't much incentive to change.

Agreed. If you look at Spotify and the $10 320 mbs tier, the sound quality takes some good gear and ear to hear the difference from lossless much of the time. Joe Sixpack is perfectly happy there and the audiophile market doesn't wheel enough numbers. With the labels setting the costs there's no way to competitively market based on price. From everything I read Tidal has a ways to go before they can attract customers for Spotify based on the ergonomics. The future will be interesting.

4 hours ago, bobbmd said:

Is it true the Villages has the highest STD rates in all of Florida including the Panhandle and Miami and they all have TIDAL HiFi and only listen to MQA albums especially those endorsed by Jay Z or whoever?? Sort of like 'some 80 year white priestess who made JUJU all night long'! (that is from a Tom Russell album not in MQA)

bobbmd

I don't know, did you get your same insider info that Chris gets?  :D

5 hours ago, james45974 said:

Sal, this brings up a question in my mind.  I am not a student of the streaming business but I wonder where the growth is going to be coming from in this segment.  Is the business starting to reach a plateau of customers where the only growth is from cannibalizing your competitors?

I haven't studied the numbers but that very well might be the case.  Witness the struggles of subscription radio, ie XM, Sirius, etc. If you have a fat wallet where a handful of these aren't even noticed that's one thing. But for Joe Sixpack how many media-connectivity bills is he willing to swallow every month? Between all the various music feeds, cable/sat TV, Netflix, internet, cell/smart phones, etc; things have gotten more than a bit insane.

Makes me long for the good ole days when Radio and TV where free, and the telephone was billed by the minute at long distance rates if further than a few blocks away, so you used it sparingly.

5 hours ago, realhifi said:

It still is free. I use a digital antenna for tv and get all the majors plus 5 or 6 other channels in hi def over the air for free.  I listen to 3 local stations quite a bit. One from a college that is eclectic (good jazz programming) one that is purely classical from and arts academy near by and one that is all news from NPR. All free. 

4 hours ago, mav52 said:

Being free I think all depends where you live.  Where I live your lucky to even get good static on the TV without cable or a dish...

Yes, reliable reception of the VHF/UHF banded digital TV stations is fine for urban/suburban folks. But for a VERY large number of more rural customers those awesome HD over-air stations are only a rumor. 

On top of that once you get accustomed to watching content like that supplied by National Geo, History, or even the movies from AMC to SyFy, etc; it's so hard to put up with the sitcom and melodrama crap provided by the major networks...

It's an addiction.  LOL

:(