IGNORED

Article: The Music In Me: Rap of History Backwards The

MUSIC has real musicians playing musical instruments in it.

And vocalists that can really sing.

I find little of either in Rap / Hip Hop

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

4 hours ago, firedog said:

Sal, I have a David Chesky record with two orchestral compositions. Both (except for some solo electric guitar in one), are played entirely on a synthesizer that has a bank of samples full of the actual sounds of all the instruments. No humans are involved in the playing. You feed the score in and it gets played as written.

The result is quite dramatic and emotional. 

Not music?

Not really fair to disagree with you since I have no experience listening to the recording you mentioned.

But though I'm sure it can be quite dramatic, I find it hard to believe a computer lacking emotion of any sort can create emotional music?  Maybe in a day when artificial intelligence is a reality this will be a reachable goal, but for now ???

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's put the angry rappers together with the folks at MQA so their fanbase can enjoy all the wonderful benefits. Then together with audiophiles they will then have all this intense "music" to listen to and revel in the glorious SQ. x-D

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I went to a Britney Spears concert many years ago. She didn't write a single word of any song, there were no live instruments being played at the show, and she didn't sing a single note the entire time all (lip-synced). But, the show as a whole was very entertaining. Worth my money.

Really!?  I'd have been looking for a brick to throw at her.

Then short of that and being arrested for assault, I would have left and demanded my money back.

Not going to get drawn into this debate except to say while some admit to having used illegal monies start recording careers, but of course none admit to currently being neck deep in their gang affiliations, the laundering of money thru the large artists and labels income, etc. We all know it's going on while those in the rap-hiphop industries and trillion dollar illegal gang activity are laughing that they've been able to keep the scam going under the table. 

YOMV

You can take the gangster out of the hood

But you can't take the hood out of the gangster.

Truer today than ever.