IGNORED

DAC Advise - high end

19 hours ago, alice said:

I ordered the Holo Spring wild edition.

While there have been many reviews out rating the Holo Spring "Kitsune Edition, There is almost no info out there about  this one. It appears to be an upgraded  standard Holo Spring (not the current top "Kitsune" version)  from a company called Wildism Audio HK. Oddly, the upgrades seem to be tied mostly to the AES input?  I found their page, with no information on pricing noting the following:

HOLO Audio’s Spring DAC- This model "Wild Stage Special Edition" is a final & fully upgrade from us- Wildism Audio HK

It has Jensen Cap PSU & 4N Pure Silver O shape transformer upgrade,plus the highest model pure silver digital transformer AudioNote trans-280  (for AES input only)

Base on level 3 jensen cap + pure silver transformer

+ AudioNote Top Model Trans-280 Pure Silver digital isolation transformer(FOR AES USE ONLY)
+AC input Jensen Ceramic Tube Cap (TOP MODEL of Jensen) 
+ Xsymphony Classic 801 Pure Silver Wire IEC to control board
+ Take out all the plastic plug in the main part

Patented R2R technology. A combination of Segmented and Trimming technology for ultimate music reproduction accuracy. Dual R2R network for PCM, and Dual R2R network for DSD!

6 hours ago, Johnseye said:

Benchmark's goal is to lower the noise and distortion allowing you to hear the actual music.  Not sure why doing that would be clinical or hearing more of the actual recording is a bad thing but to each their own.  If you don't like neutrality then then you're looking for a color that your ear likes. Nothing wrong with that and plenty of flavors out there.

Certainly flavors and variations to suit anyone, but I think, based on what she wants, that Alice made a better choice for her. Benchmark's  DAC's have always leaned towards the dry, lean, clinical side of things.

JC