IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

4 hours ago, jaaptina said:

Does using isoRegen between microRendu and Singxer f-1 make sense? 

I had a thread conversation a couple of weeks ago or so with Alex and he suggested this was a good fit (I have a European version of the F-1).

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

1 hour ago, lmitche said:

Hi all,

You should all know that Alex has been forced to evacuate his California home due to the forest fires nearby. We are unlikely to hear from him for a while.  Power and cell towers are offline in his area.

I know all of you, like me,  wish Alex, his family and his Uptone Audio employees best wishes for a safe and quick return to their homes.

Larry

The other thing Alex said in a quick email with the last of his cell phone charge while on the road being evacuated was that we should let you know next week’s orders will be delayed.  (!!)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Wow I hope all is ok. Hopefully it's just a precaution and they will put the fires out far before his home even though at minimum the utilities in his area will be affected. I'm sure he will keep his many customers that prepaid for product up to date. I'm on my phone now like the rest of the world is. Everything is mobil - cellular these days and even with the phone lines and cell towers being down in his area he's being evacuated so I'm sure the other area he's headed too will allow him the opportunity to update all his customers. I think everyone should feel very confident that they will hear from Alex or a representative soon and all will get their orders even if they get pushed back a bit. His business is very important to him so people can have faith in the brand and understand this is a condition beyond his control. I understand and appreciate your letting everyone know what's going on and keeping communication open and that's a good thing for sure. I really hope everything is ok with his home and business. Hope John or someone else will keep everyone up to date at minimum as Alex deals with this challenge.

Ypsilon Phaethon Integrated Amplifier w/6H30DR NOS Tubes / SR Orange Fuses > Bricasti Design M1SE MDx DAC w/Network Card / Roon Endpoint > Focal Sopra 2 Loudspeakers >   Antipodes S40 (v5.2H Board / K30 Engine) Audio Server + Antipodes S60 HSL50 Hybrid Linear Power Supply (2-Rails) w/AfterDark Silver Reference Black River Series DC Cables Uptone Audio EtherRegen Network Switch / Re-clocker > AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10MHz Master Clock Sin wave 75ohm w/Mini Circuits BLP10.7+ BNC Filter > AfterDark Black River Carbon Fiber 75ohm BNC Master Clock Cable  > AfterDark Modernize LPS x2 12V (2-Rails) > Wyred 4 Sound PS-1 LPS (4) Rails  > Solid Tech ROS Reference Model 4 Audio Rack System  > SRA Ohio Class XLIsolation Platform Synergistic Research Tranquility Basik Isolation Platform Active w/MIG 2.0 Footers and Silver Tuning Bullet  > Solid Tech Small TT Isolation Platform (3-Shleves) Tara Labe: The One Power Cord 2.0M (5-Cables> Audience AU24se HP 1.0M AC Power Cable  > Nordost Frey 2 Speaker Cables 4.0M Spades > Nordost Frey 2 XLR Interconnects 1.0M > High Fidelity Cables Reveal XLR Interconnects 5.0MAudioquest Vodka and Cardas Clear Ethernet RJ/E Cables  > Synergistic Research Atmosphere Acoustic Field Generator Tower Mini w/ATM Red Tuning Module  > (15Synergistic Research HFT’s (6PS Audio Noise Harvesters;
 DESKTOP 2nd SystemDali Menuet Loudspeakers (Gloss Black) > Rega Brio Integrated Amplifier (2021)Denafrips Aries II R2R DAC > Singxer SU-2 USB Digital Interface > Antipodes S40/S60 Audio Server / Roon Core (Networked from Main system) >Apple iMac Retina 5k 27-Inch (2021) Roon Remote / USB AudioKanto S6 Desktop Speaker Stands > Cardas Neutral Reference Speaker Cables 1.0M  Spades > Darwin Ascension Plus Silver Interconnects RCA 0.3M > Tara Labs The One AC Power Cord (2) > Zu Event MKI AC Power Cable 1.0M > Cardas Clear USB Cable 1.0M > Curious Cables USB Regen LinkBlack Cat Silver Star BNC S/PDIF Cable 1.0M > Synergistic Research Tesla QLS-6 Power Strip 

~ Fsmithjack            
 My Website  https://ctronicmusic.com/ 

Ypsilon  Bricasti  / Focal  Uptone Nordost / AfterDark / Solid Tech  

46AC9095-7EB4-4698-82FE-FC5E9E837893.png

My best wishes for Alex and his family and pets. Be safe. 

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

ISO-REGEN / LPS-1 arrived in one piece (very relieved)  Will burn in for a week and post impressions afterwards.  So far no pops or clicks so looks like I have a good one.  Thanks Alex. 

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

What is the recommended burn-in time for the ISO-REGEN and LPS-1, about 20 hours or so?

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

Just now, k-man said:

@thyname I want to share a reminder to an excellent post by @austinpop who got things sussed out:

If you had to share, best to share the LPS-1 with ISO Regen and Singxer instead of mR and ISO Regen. Hope that helps further.

K

Thanks very much!

Yes, I have been reading all the chatter about sharing a single LPS-1.

I had everything in my chain powered by its own linear power supply, but I had to move one of them downstairs for my home audio that I have recently rebuild / rearranged.

The Y cable was a temporary solution until I have further funds for another LPS-1. Each of the devices this way would have its own LPS-1 (ISO Regen, Singxer SU-1 and microRendu / SoTM SMS-200, whichever I keep with my headphones). Until then, I may simply use an iPower I have laying around for the ISO.

Not sure if discussed yet but was wondering if the ISO regen would eliminate the need to upgrade the Schiit DACs with the new Schiit USB gen5 USB upgrade?  It seems they do the same thing. I have a Schiit Yggy and ordered the ISO and LPS-1 to go with my microrendu.  Now i wonder if if would get additional benefit with the Schiit USB gen 5 upgrade or is that overkill?

Over kill and audiophile aren't used much in these forums...:D

As you nearly have one already enjoy them and wait until the self install gen 5 is released. That should reduce the cost later. You may not see a bigger benefit with diminishing returns with 2 approaches of USB signal cleaning combined. But I can't see how feeding a clean signal into a G5 yaggy is a bad thing. 

Just my opinion. Wait and see. Save some money...and do both :ph34r:

Good luck regardless my friend

Dave 

Came ISO Regen.:)
System on Linux >zonotone USB cable (1.2 m) 6N ・ USB Grandio 6nusbgran>PPAv2 usb+linear power supply(LT1083-7.5 V)>ISO Regen+linear power supply(LT1083-5V)>USB DAC.
First impressions from ISO Regen!The sound flew over the acoustics,expanded the stereo image,detail increased,the sound transparent,natural tone amazing.It is only when Galvanauskas ISO.
If the ISO switch to disable it narrows the stereo image,sound lands and becomes less transparent.
Tests were conducted in three variants and in my opinion put in this order.

100 balls-usb PPAv2+Regen ISO(iso included)
85 points-usb PPAv2+Regen ISO(iso off)
70 points-usb directly from the computer+Regen ISO
50 points-usb directly from the computer.

Thank you for a quality product!:x:x:x

DSC_0959_cr.jpg

My system: Audio computer-based Snakeoil with linear supply>PPA v2+power supply for ti4700>, IS0 REGEN+power supply for ti4700>Teac NT503>power amplifier>

The best Linux system for music!!! :xhttps://www.snakeoil-os.net/   :x

/& this is markedly superior to the supplied dc cable?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

On 27.7.2017 at 1:59 AM, jamesg11 said:

/& this is markedly superior to the supplied dc cable?

Well, you have to verify for yourself I guess. But most reporters say it my be worth trying another cable. 

http://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advice/q-whats-special-about-star-quad-cable

The DC4 is an option, and is not a quad core, but the above link also suggest a good two wire. I'm sure google star quad will give you a lot of insight. 

Alex has the ultimate DC cable. ?

It has higher AWG and top specifications Oyaide plugs made for Uptone. 

Soon will be listed on his website. 

He has wrote about it somewhere. I'm not good finding posts. But it's within the last 4 weeks. 

I must say the ISO Regen just started to open up with a new soundstage connected directly to the SonicTransporter and the two USPCB's. 

I think those small little $35 ones is playing an important part here.

If you can use two of these, I'm quite sure this is the way to go. 

Alex, hurry up to open up for people to order ?

I will keep that setup until my MicroRendu 1.4 arrives. 

6 minutes ago, SWL3600 said:

I don't see them on the Uptone site.

BTW.....my ISO-REGEN is still kicking butt. 

Butt of course! x-D

As I write this I am working on the whole international postage charge thing for the USPCB A>B Adapters so that the AddToCart button can be activated.

(It adds no shipping cost to orders that have REGEN or LPS-1s, but I don't think people buying just a USPCB or two are going to want to pay $34 for International Flat Rate Priority Mail Box. Sadly, even in a small padded pouch it counts as a package and First Class Airmail for "packages" ranges from $12-16.)

Once that is done I'll work on the page for ordering our 50cm, Oyaide/Belden star-quad (18AWG x 4, plus shield) cable with 5.5mm x 2.1mm plugs both ends ($70), as well as the $75 1.5m versions with either 2.5>2.5 or 2.5>2.1 as we have always stocked for JS-2 clients.

46 minutes ago, louisxiawei said:

I asked Alex before regarding this, he told me it is totally fine. Also have my friends confirmed about the ticking clicking sound from LPS-1. If you are close enough to the LPS-1 (let's say 50 cm). Yea, that is quite audible. 

I also did a little experiments myself: When LPS-1 is set to 7V, the ticking sound is quite frequent, a few times per minutes (almost one ticking  per 20 seconds), set to 5V and 3V makes it less frequent. 

I would like to see your unit back.  With about 1,500 units in the field you are only the second person ever to report hearing mechanical ticking from their UltraCap LPS-1.  I test them all day long under heavy load and have yet to hear it.  There are no relays on the board.  The only thing we can think of is one of the big power inductors emitting a small snap when the changing bank change.

I seem to recall you saying that only one of your own LPS-1s does this.  Please contact us directly.

Thanks,

--Alex C.