IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@tboooe's post gave me the nudge to add more impressions (well, really a summary) myself. 

Bottom line: ISO Regen combined with my modded SU-1 (Belleson reg, caps, etc) each fed by LPS-1's. Is the best digital chain I've ever owned. Full stop. My second rig is using an Mutec 3+, Amber Regen, each powered by custom built PS (dual Reflektor-D's), and it's always delivered solid sonics - but what I'm getting now is... better. 

Don't want to wax on, but this chain - these UpTone products aren't just changing the sound; they're elevating it by what I believe to be some of the best signal integrity out there. Less is more here; I can't imagine it sounding any better, any more analog. But I suspect it will - such is the nature of this hobby.

I'm hearing more, enjoying more, feeling more. Thanks John / Alex - your considerable efforts are bearing fruit.

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Indydan said:

Has anybody tried the ISO Regen plugged after the Intona Industrial?

I mean computer to Intona, then into ISO Regen, then into DAC. I already own the Intona and I am thinking of buying the ISO Regen. I am wondering if Alex or anyone else knows, or thinks that the Intona - ISO Regen combo, would be better than ISO Regen alone.

An ISO Regen replaced an Intona / Amber Regen combination. Though I didn't expect a combination of Intona + ISO to be an improvement over ISO alone, I DID give it a try. It wasn't bad, but it lost a bit of the magic that just the ISO (powered by an LPS-1) has. 

Dynamics were a bit muted, timber wasn't as authentic. Really, it makes sense I think. In our battle for the best possible signal integrity, you still want to keep your digital chain as simple as possible. Having two isolators complicates without bringing anything new to the table.