IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

On 2/11/2020 at 4:48 AM, Rhed6 said:

Anyone run a high quality USB cable to the ISO? And will it make a difference? Looking at a Curious USB. It’s going to plug in straight from my current model Mac mini to ISO REGEN.. thanks

Until I can try something more expensive (so, by definition, better, right?), I found the CAT8 Supra Ethernet cable to be better than whatever Ethernet cable I had laying around.  And they make USB cables too.  For "cheap", I'd recommend trying one of their products.

Who would have thought Idiocracy would turn out to be a documentary!?

Mapleshade Samson V.5 equipment rack, 4" maple platforms and brass vibration isolation, DH Labs 12ga Silver Sonic Power Plus dedicated power line, IsoTek Sirius EVO3 Power Conditioner, EtherREGEN, InSound Audio Ebony Cat8 Ethernet Cable, Linn Genki CD player (transport), Cary DMS-550 streamer/DAC, Linear Tube Audio Z10e amplifier, (For Sale:) Pass Labs HPA-1 amplifier, Meze Empyrian headphones, various Omega-Micro analog and digital interconnects and power cords. 

On 2/1/2020 at 6:30 PM, jiminlogansquare said:

A query to any Schiit DAC owners who decide to install the new Unison USB input upgrade. Could you relate here how that affects the sound in conjunction with an ISO Regen. On the Yggy in particular, but with other DACs, as well. Thanks 

Bump.

I'm curious as there are three products out now (EtherREGEN, Iso REGEN, Unison USB) that could conceivably be used in conjunction with one another.  Does any one, by itself, "solve" all or most problems?

Who would have thought Idiocracy would turn out to be a documentary!?

Mapleshade Samson V.5 equipment rack, 4" maple platforms and brass vibration isolation, DH Labs 12ga Silver Sonic Power Plus dedicated power line, IsoTek Sirius EVO3 Power Conditioner, EtherREGEN, InSound Audio Ebony Cat8 Ethernet Cable, Linn Genki CD player (transport), Cary DMS-550 streamer/DAC, Linear Tube Audio Z10e amplifier, (For Sale:) Pass Labs HPA-1 amplifier, Meze Empyrian headphones, various Omega-Micro analog and digital interconnects and power cords.