IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

Hello All,

So I have had my ISO Regen for about 3 weeks so far and I wanted to give some impressions. please note that I took the time to break it in for 150 hours before doing any serious listening.

My setup currently consists of the following chain:  

Jriver 22 on HTPC --> Intel 2 Port PCI-E Ethernet Server card --> Ethernet to SOTM sMS-200 (LPS 1 Powered) ---> Audio Sensibility Statement Silver 3ft USB --> ISO Regen (LPS 1 Powered) --> USPCB --> Yulong DA8 II DAC --> Spread Spectrum Technologies Thoebe II Preamp ---> Spread Spectrum Technologies Son Of Ampzilla II Amp ---> Monitor Audio GX300 Ebony Speakers

The ISO Regen has replaced a Wyred 4 Sound Recovery in my main speaker setup. The USPCB also Eliminated a short silver USB cable between the Recovery and my Yulong DA8 II DAC

I was very happy with the LPS-1 Powered W4S Recovery in my setup prior to receiving the ISO Regen. So happy that I wasn't sure that there would be much difference with the ISO Regen since they both use the same clock.

I was very wrong. Immediately the difference in sound stage and detail retrieval was very apparent, everything just seemed more real and deep, I was hearing things I've never heard before in songs that I know like the back of my hand, definitely seems some veil's were lifted. There was was something else different too; I found it very hard to stop listening to music. With the ISO Regen you are just so sucked into the sound its mesmerizing. I found myself listening to my setup from the time I got home from work until bedtime, no listening fatigue at all. (Listening fatigue has been somewhat of a problem with my setup as my speakers have ribbon tweeters that can be a bit harsh sometimes but the detail is too kill for) 

With the ISO Regen I can finally get lost in the music without obsessing about how to improve the setup! which really is the goal of this hobby I guess (although I still want a new DAC soon lol)

I cant thank Alex, John, and Uptone Audio enough for the amazing LPS1 and ISO Regen combo. I love it so much that I just placed an order for a second ISO Regen to replace the W4S Recovery in my headphone setup. (LPS-1 powered also)  BTW, both W4S Recovery's are going up for sale now.

• 2 years later...

I own two ISO regens each powered by the LPs-1.2's. I have one in my headphone system and one in my speaker system. I enjoy them so much I would never consider removing either, they make that much of a difference. Even with my very complicated streamer to ddc setup, when inserted into the chain, the iso regen still removes a veil from the sound, allowing background details to be more easily heard. Many times I have heard sounds in well known tracks that I never knew were there before. I highly recommend the iso regen and matching lps1.2 to any DAC setup. Alex has been absolutely amazing to deal with and their customer service is second to none. Also, I highly recommend trying their new etherregen switch if you use a streamer in your setup.