IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

14 minutes ago, ted_b said:

My ISO Regen arrived today (thanks Alex and co) and I will put it through its paces starting tonight (worst case tmrw).  I wanted to say that I was not paying attention when the USPCB was announced and did not realize it has an onboard VBus switch.  Nice touch!

Thanks Ted, I missed that. Will play with my dongle again after I put some more hours on the ISO-R.  :P

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Superdad said:

Yeah well it was not very easy to even find a single position vertical mount DIP switch that would fit.  Not stocked anywhere in the USA, I had to buy 1,000 of 'em direct from the manufacturer in China.  And they don't offer them without the word ON printed in the closed position. :o

Well, that sure 'splains it then. Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2017 at 7:30 AM, Matias said:

So far I am loving my ISO Regen + LPS-1 combo. The overall smoothness and extra information I can now listen is amazing. And that is coming from a regular Regen I had before. The upgrade was well worth it.

What I have found is that with the ISO Regen my Win10 PC is having more issues to detect my Calyx DAC when first playing. When it does not detect I have to disconnect and reconnect the DC power cable into the ISO Regen and then Windows finds the DAC. After that it plays for hours without issues. Small bother but still the sound quality alone is well worth it.

I've had a similar issue using an Auralic Aries with Lampizator DAC - same solution. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, RickyV said:

Hi all,

What to do with our old regen's or in my case w4s recovery? Well i am still playing via a win 7 laptop with my music on a external ssd. So i thought lets connect the ssd via the recovery and a uspcb ( vbus off) adapter  to my laptop. So reclocking and clean power on the ssd. It works and sounds great, sound fuller and more relaxed. Try it.

I am very happy with my iso regen, lps-1 combo great improvement. No hiccups, drop outs or ticks at all. 

I've wondered if that may be beneficial ... but sold Recovery & Regen before finding out.