IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

On 6/14/2017 at 9:40 PM, elan120 said:

I have my chain with ifi Micro USB3.0 going into IsoRegen and the result is great.  Not sure why go the other way though.

Trying combinations of ISO REGEN and IfI Micro iUSB3.0 (IR, IfI, IR => IfI, IfI => IR) and for me and for now IfI => IR is the clear winner. Actual config:

PC => Lush => IfI => UpTone USPCB adapter => IR => Lush^2 => DAC (Amanero/Lampizator)

Happy, even now after only a few hours on the new IR!

P S I am using the USPCB adapter between the two devices in order to minimize strain due to the stiff Lush cables. The USB-A connector of my previous USB REGEN broke down possibly due to this strain, so trying to avoid that now... 

audio system

• 3 months later...
59 minutes ago, sdube said:

Posting after a long time. I use a Tellurium Silver Diamond USB between Mac Mini and Iso Regen. (This replaced a Curious and later a Light Harmonic Lightspeed 10 G, and a couple of others before.) The Tellurium is expensive, though not much more than the revamped Curious, and really good. The point is that after reading this thread, especially the bit about the  "(really short) Lush^2 cable between the ISO and the DAC" I too replaced the hard connector with a short Curious between ISO Regen and Berkeley Alpha USB and sense a change for the better.  (It is early days yet, and if matters change, shall report again.)

Interesting, thanks for letting us know... And please do...

audio system

On 2/10/2020 at 7:21 AM, bodiebill said:

I think I would prefer something like this: 

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power-supply-accessories/usb-b-adapter-cable-for-55-21mm-male-power-supply-p-8791.html

as it would enable me to use a favorite usb cable and later do some swapping.

I found one of these at home, albeit with a USB A plug instead of a DC male plug to provide the VBUS with 5V power. I think I will DIY such a cable with Supra CAT8, so I took of the heatshrink. See pic: it seems this little DIY project will not be too difficult 🙂

For best usability (the Supra is bulky and stiff) I think I will keep the black and red wires as shown, and attach the Supra to those, keeping everything as short as possible.

PHOTO_20200211_185422.jpg

audio system