Are those pics from Munich? Looks like a static display . . . we'll have to wait for sonic reports?

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

12 minutes ago, bluebeat said:

Yes, the picture is from Munich. Posted by Ayre on Facebook. Looks like a static display to me too. Prototypes, so it may take some time before sonic reports come in.

Hmmm, the facebook page also indicates they're showing with Vivid, so they must have *something* connected to speakers.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

11 minutes ago, Ciamarasound said:

Here are the initial specs and descriptions

http://ciamara.com/new-ayre-8-series-components-coming-fall/

Thanks for sharing. I really like the features, especially the AX-8 which even includes headphone output. I am surprised that they are including the VGT at this price-point (debuted in the KX-R). I wonder how many volume steps it has and how it compares sonically to the AX-5 which is the best integrated I've ever heard (by a substantial margin) and compares favorably the very best separates I've heard. I don't care for the looks of these products but they are loaded with great features and at a decent price. Can't wait to hear 'em.

9 minutes ago, Ciamarasound said:

I imagine both of these new pieces will compete with just about  anything near and probably above their price points.

I have no doubt that is true.

13 minutes ago, Ciamarasound said:

I'm also curious as to how this will stack up performance-wise to the AX-5, which I personally own and is my gold standard for integrated amps.

Please report after you get a chance to listen to the AX-8, not sure when I'll get to listen to one. I just replaced my long beloved AX-7 with an AX-5. It's still breaking in (~50 hours) and I am in awe of how good my system sounds - it's stunning! I am super lucky to finally afford it and it is giving me some of the very best sound I've ever heard anywhere - right in my own living room.

• 10 months later...
26 minutes ago, thyname said:

Thanks! missed that.

Now, whether it's worth waiting for this for 1/2 price of the QX-5...

Curious about this one, too. I'd love a QX-5 but it'$ out of my reach.