The 8 series will fit into their product range below the new 5 series, taking the place of the discontinued 9 and 7 series and the older 5 series products. The price range of the 8 series is planned to be between $2500 - $8000 US Retail.

The first two products which are showing in Munich are the AX-8 integrated amplifier (with digital inputs including streaming) and the QX-8 digital hub (also with streaming) and like all Ayre components, they will be hand-built in Boulder, CO. 

Here are the initial specs and descriptions

http://ciamara.com/new-ayre-8-series-components-coming-fall/

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

1 hour ago, beetlemania said:

Thanks for sharing. I really like the features, especially the AX-8 which even includes headphone output. I am surprised that they are including the VGT at this price-point (debuted in the KX-R). I wonder how many volume steps it has and how it compares sonically to the AX-5 which is the best integrated I've ever heard (by a substantial margin) and compares favorably the very best separates I've heard. I don't care for the looks of these products but they are loaded with great features and at a decent price. Can't wait to hear 'em.

No problem. The 8 Series aesthetic reminds me of the Musical Fidelity M Series. I personally don't mind the look and have always appreciated Ayre's clean front panel. I'm also curious as to how this will stack up performance-wise to the AX-5, which I personally own and is my gold standard for integrated amps. Since Ayre has always been very consistent with the performance of their lines, I imagine both of these new pieces will compete with just about  anything near and probably above their price points.

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com