IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

7 hours ago, mikicasellas said:

Most of us are very interested, but i believe i speak for my self and no doubt for so many others that would like to know more clearly about these details in order to be more interested ;)

It is possible to wait till the unit comes out and other people can test it for you under the scenario you want. It isn't obligatory to get one of the first batch...it may even be an advantage not to be in the first batch.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Yes you did you're quite naughty. Some of us are blindtesting/ABX testing the beta units 'P' 'Q' 'R'. The game is up now, and I haven't even PM Alex my findings yet. The intended release was supposedly Q1 2108, but now Uptone is going to get tons of email asking the component differences, and may push its release earlier to Q4 2017.

why am I posting this on the sonore page, if at all? :$

On 5/13/2017 at 2:49 PM, vortecjr said:

Seeing the ultraRendu next to the UltraCAP leaves me wanting to combine them in a nicer way. As such, I have an idea for a custom faceplate that allows you to mount both and have them look as one in your audio rack. Please provide feedback here so I can gauge interest in it. 

image.png

Jesus, I'm thinking about cable considerations.  Unless the rear of the ultraRendu (with the connectors) is facing the rear of the DAC (with the USB input) we can't use even a 200mm Curious link, never mind a USPCB.

To minimize the length of the USB cable with the front of the ultraRendu facing forward, it has to be placed either directly above or below the USB input of the DAC.  

The connector ends of USB cables are inflexible, so there's some minimum cable length required for this kind of presentation.  Audiophile USB cables get expensive really quickly as the length increases.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

5 hours ago, greenleo said:

Hi,

I do agree pure speculation helps no one and I would like you to realize that lack of info equally helps on one as well.  A user holding up his/her resources (say money, time of enjoyment, ...) waiting for an unspecified, undated item given so many great alternatives suddenly came out.

For example, should I buy IsoRegen?  What if the ultraRendu is just an mR + IsoRegen?  I bought the Regen and then mR with no regret because the time lag is long enough.  However, if I buy an IsoRegen now and two months later buying the ultraRendu and then finding their functions overlap, I guess I will not be that happy.  The short brick that bundles with IsoRegen that claims to the best USB cable virtually cannot work with the proposed ultraRendu chassis,...  All of these put anxieties because these are not speculated future issues but something very current.  I'm here because I'm your customer and interested in your products.  Please don't take my voice as a troublemaker.

If we may have an estimated launching date, maybe it helps--I don't know.  Certainly the best is the real product or an prototype that may come out for reveal ASAP--like what the mR did.

Best.

There is plenty of information here and to say that there isn't is not accurate. We are in production so it will be available soon....no ETA. Those on the mailing list will get an invitation to be among the first to purchase the unit. 

38 minutes ago, k-man said:

Yes you did you're quite naughty. Some of us are blindtesting/ABX testing the beta units 'P' 'Q' 'R'. The game is up now, and I haven't even PM Alex my findings yet. The intended release was supposedly Q1 2108, but now Uptone is going to get tons of email asking the component differences, and may push its release earlier to Q4 2017.

why am I posting this on the sonore page, if at all? :$

I'm sure his schedule has nothing to with our. 

32 minutes ago, Tubeburner said:

This is out of control IMO. The companies I work for would never release what has been released here. A lot of the information is proprietary information and this forum will ask questions down to parts used and design and never think twice if this is appropriate. The microRendu has performed way above expectations and I can't say enough about support. Emails were answered quickly when questions were asked. All I want is the email that says I can buy the ultraRendu now!

Could not agree more with that...this is a bit much folks. Lots of good info provided so far, so now be patient till it's released or go buy something else.

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I just updated the front image to reflect the production faceplate. The graphics now better matches that of the Uptone Audio gear. You may need to refresh your browser or clear the cache to see the new image. 

This is a rear image of the unit.

ultrarendu-rear.png

Honestly Jesus, what a disappointment. I clicked on the picture hoping to get my fix of virtual-ultrarendu only to find that the resulting image is the same size as in the post. My Thunderbolt display is quite depressed now. Sob.

Last night I fired up Michael Bublé on my system using an ultraRendu into my custom built Buffalo DAC. When I play music here I play it at 100% volume and that usually freaks everyone out. To put things into perspective it's 1400 watts at 100% volume and this is just a regular family room. Anyway, I closed my eye and laid on the couch and about 3/4 of the way through the album my wife came in and said, "that is AWESOME." When I opened my eyes Michael was gone so I couldn't thank him for the private concert.

24 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

1400 watts at 100% volume

3W here and walls start shaking at slightly over 1 and 1/2 :P

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones