vortecjr

Sonore ultraRendu

12 hours ago, Vangelis said:

Guess I can’t hide ignorance of several concepts here apparently available via Sonicorbiter. What is LMS?  How do I install the Radio Paradise FLAC streaming plug-in on the UltraRendu? really like the idea of have control of my Radio Paradise account. 

Does my previous post immediately above answer your install questions? LMS is Logitech Media Server, formerly (and sometimes still) known as Squeezebox Server. LMS is a thriving ecosystem, originally based on now-discontinued hardware that Logitech still supports, available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Sonicorbiter, Rasberry PI, and more), supported by a staff developer as well as volunteers who have produced many plugins as well as players like Squeezelite-X for Windows shared above. The support forum is here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

12 hours ago, left channel said:

Does my previous post immediately above answer your install questions? LMS is Logitech Media Server, formerly (and sometimes still) known as Squeezebox Server. LMS is a thriving ecosystem, originally based on now-discontinued hardware that Logitech still supports, available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Sonicorbiter, Rasberry PI, and more), supported by a staff developer as well as volunteers who have produced many plugins as well as players like Squeezelite-X for Windows shared above. The support forum is here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/

This was a lot of help. LMS should work out well. When I had my previous UtraRendu I never explored internet radio options. Internet radio might not sound as good as files off my server, but Radio Paradise is still very listenable. 

>EtherRegen>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos Zenith MKII SE>Mojo Audio Mystique Evo DAC> Wireworld platinum 8 balanced interconnect>Aesthetic Mimas> Audience SX speaker cables>Magnapan 1.7‘Transparent Audio ethernet cable

17 hours ago, left channel said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Question: can I combine the ultraRendu with the new iFi iPower X 9v? It seems to be better than the old one. Any experience out there already?

On 5/9/2020 at 4:57 AM, jos said:

Question: can I combine the ultraRendu with the new iFi iPower X 9v? It seems to be better than the old one. Any experience out there already?

Looks interesting, but I have not tried it. I wish they had a 7VDC version so the units would not run so hot though. 

Hi, has anyone using KECES P8 to power the UltraRendu?  I would like to hear some feedbacks on it if you can share.  I am currently choosing in between P8 and VDC 7MKII from Ciaudio.  Many thanks.

9 hours ago, aidenyoung said:

Hi, has anyone using KECES P8 to power the UltraRendu?  I would like to hear some feedbacks on it if you can share.  I am currently choosing in between P8 and VDC 7MKII from Ciaudio.  Many thanks.

I would suggest you consider Sonore's own linear power supply, as it was designed specifically for the rendus.

http://www.sonore.us/power.html

1. Sonore ultraRendu - Uptone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7

2. RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Audeze LCD-XC - Apollon NC502MP - Monitor Audio PL100

3. Hidizs S8 - Audeze LCDi3

I purchased my UltraRendu in combination with an sBooster 9-10v as a package from SGC, therefore i am little concerned to find that running at 9volts is specifically 'not recommended' on the Sonore website.... Has the advice changed or should SGC not have been selling  the sBooster for the UltraRendu?

On 5/9/2020 at 10:57 AM, jos said:

I use a 12VDC iFi iPower X to power my fiber to ethernet converter coming into my apartment. I was actually very surprised of the SQ upgrade it gave compared to the stock SMPS. I'm very happy with my purchase! :)

Auralic Aries Mini, Ariston RD40 & Mytek Brooklyn DAC system with Fostex TH900 & Gibson Les Paul 8 reference monitors.                           

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to do them all yourself. Graucho Marx

9 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Why not just buy the SGC linear power supply.

It simply wouldn't fit due to the limited space where the converter is mounted.

Auralic Aries Mini, Ariston RD40 & Mytek Brooklyn DAC system with Fostex TH900 & Gibson Les Paul 8 reference monitors.                           

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to do them all yourself. Graucho Marx

Hi, I'm planning to buy ultraRendu but I'm not sure what is the best way to connect them in term of SQ.

Current setup my Denafrips Terminator is directly connect to multi-purpose desktop pc via USB.

My PC is connected to internet by ethernet cable to modem, my router also directly connect to modem, everything in the same room.

Should I connect uR to router as suggested in the manaul?

Or should I directly connect uR to my PC?

Should I buy another router/extender to isolated it from pc/modem via wifi?

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Acholate said:

Hi, I'm planning to buy ultraRendu but I'm not sure what is the best way to connect them in term of SQ.

Current setup my Denafrips Terminator is directly connect to multi-purpose desktop pc via USB.

My PC is connected to internet by ethernet cable to modem, my router also directly connect to modem, everything in the same room.

Should I connect uR to router as suggested in the manaul?

Or should I directly connect uR to my PC?

Should I buy another router/extender to isolated it from pc/modem via wifi?

Thanks.

To get started, connect the uR directly to the router as advised.  Chances are you will like the results so much that you will not be  tempted to experiment with other options.  Make sure to use as good a power supply with the uR as possible, this makes a big difference.

ROON: DSD 256-Sonore opticalModule-Signature Rendu optical--Bricasti M3 DAC--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY AC, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Orange Fuses, Dark Matter system clarifiers.                                                        

SONORE computer audio

Hi! I have a new kind of problem with Sonore Ultrarendu: it have solid orange LED and isn’t detect in Roon anymore. But SonicOrbiter shows urendu’s IP address which is non-applicable through internet browser. Power supply is Uptone LPS-1.2 on 7V (has been worked for the last 3 months).

I’ve already done next recommended steps: 
- reloaded of all equipment in a link;

- dismounted all the cables plugged into urendu, then reloaded LPS and starts to plug in urendu’s power cable, then usb and rj-45 into urendu;

- moves out sd card then turned it back (while urendu was switched off of course).

The status LED is still orange... 

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this problem?

7 hours ago, VladST said:

Hi! I have a new kind of problem with Sonore Ultrarendu: it have solid orange LED and isn’t detect in Roon anymore. But SonicOrbiter shows urendu’s IP address which is non-applicable through internet browser. Power supply is Uptone LPS-1.2 on 7V (has been worked for the last 3 months).

Try powering your ultraRendu directly with the UpTone-branded 36W/7.5V AC>DC charger.  If that solves the problem then there may be an issue with your UltraCap LPS-1.2 unit and you should contact us directly for replacement.

--Alex @ UpTone.

16 hours ago, VladST said:

I’ve already done next recommended steps: 
- reloaded of all equipment in a link;

- dismounted all the cables plugged into urendu, then reloaded LPS and starts to plug in urendu’s power cable, then usb and rj-45 into urendu;

- moves out sd card then turned it back (while urendu was switched off of course).

The status LED is still orange... 

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks for advice, but it’s almost ok with my LPS. The problem was with Urendu...

Probably, it’s all about SD card...

5 hours ago, VladST said:

Thanks for advice, but it’s almost ok with my LPS. The problem was with Urendu...

Probably, it’s all about SD card...

This is a network issue. Orange status LED means the unit is powered and the software has booting. However, in order to get the Green status LED the software needs to see the internet. Check all network connections and/or power cycle the network gear then power up the Rendu.   

I have Ultrarendu connected to M2Tech Evo 2 with normal, good quality Ifi USB cable. I just updated M2Tech with linear ps from Teddy Pardo and I was wondering is there any setting in UR to take out the 5V power from cable or is there any benefit to get new cable with data only connection?  

1 hour ago, Teme said:

I have Ultrarendu connected to M2Tech Evo 2 with normal, good quality Ifi USB cable. I just updated M2Tech with linear ps from Teddy Pardo and I was wondering is there any setting in UR to take out the 5V power from cable or is there any benefit to get new cable with data only connection?  

There is no power setting in the UR. 

The 5 Vbus from UR is quite good.

You can test this product https://uptoneaudio.com/products/uspcb-a-b-adapter

I’m quite sure the Evo needs the 5V, supplied by the Vbus. The USPCB can block the 5V. 

You would need a specilal USB cable, if you like to bypass Vbus supplied by the UR to that DCC.  You can try Ghent Audio.

Of cause that would require a very good 5V supply in addition. I don’t recommend going this route. 

I hope this was helpful. 

BTW:
You can probably change the clock in the Evo. I have the schematic I think.