IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

40 minutes ago, Cool3r King said:

Looks good. Decent price too, unless you live in the U.K... ?

Disagree. Price is set based on what you think marked is willing to pay, and a look at competing companies.

As suggested before. Lower the price on MicroRendu and let this one replace, or stay below $700. 

Anyway. Just my thaughts. 

Looking forward to listing impressions, and comparisons against the Korean. 

@vortecjr will the ultrarendu, you allow Spotify Connect via Librespot. 

I am not familiar with Librespot. Does it degrade sampling rates? should we expect lower SQ by going through Librespot? 

While this may not be an immediate concern, I still expect Spotify to go lossless this year and so I'd like to understand if there are any trade-offs for Spotify Connect to be used via Librespot.

Thank you

15 hours ago, rickca said:

@vortecjr here you say the microRendu and the ultraRendu have the same processor board.  But on the ultraRendu product page, it says 

The ultraRendu utilizes a new proprietary printed circuit board with only the essential components and some updates to match its ultra designation.

Please explain.

I'd sure like some more details to understand the price gap between the microRendu and the ultraRendu.  Thanks.

The microRendu has two boards inside, the main board and the processor board plugged into it.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

9 hours ago, pam1975 said:

I am not familiar with Librespot. Does it degrade sampling rates? should we expect lower SQ by going through Librespot? 

While this may not be an immediate concern, I still expect Spotify to go lossless this year and so I'd like to understand if there are any trade-offs for Spotify Connect to be used via Librespot.

Thank you

Librespot is an open source implementation of the Spotify Connect protocol. When you run the Spotify app (computer, phone, iPad, etc) it will see the microRendu's ability to do Spotify Connect and will let you connect to it. From that point on, your Spotify in your device becomes a remote to the microRendu, but the streaming connection is done between the microRendu and Spotify servers directly, not via your phone. There should be no degradation of quality (i.e. you should be able to stream at 320kbps). One catch is you must have Spotify Premium to use Spotify Connect, I don't think it is available for free accounts.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

12 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Librespot is an open source implementation of the Spotify Connect protocol. When you run the Spotify app (computer, phone, iPad, etc) it will see the microRendu's ability to do Spotify Connect and will let you connect to it. From that point on, your Spotify in your device becomes a remote to the microRendu, but the streaming connection is done between the microRendu and Spotify servers directly, not via your phone. There should be no degradation of quality (i.e. you should be able to stream at 320kbps). One catch is you must have Spotify Premium to use Spotify Connect, I don't think it is available for free accounts.

Thanks lot! I have a premium account so all good. Just wanted to ensure there would be no loss of quality due to Librespot. 

1 minute ago, pam1975 said:

Thanks lot! I have a premium account so all good. Just wanted to ensure there would be no loss of quality due to Librespot. 

FWIW, I've tried it and it sounds pretty good.

system pics

I'm pleased with the pricetag but a bit surprised that the difference between the micro and ultra is not greater.   Seems like the ultra will steal most of the market of the micro (assuming, of course, the SQ is noticably improved) and therefore the used value of the microRendu.

Win 10 PC -> Roon -> Sonore µRendu -> Devialet 440 Pro -> Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers

Durham, NC

21 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Disagree. Price is set based on what you think marked is willing to pay, and a look at competing companies.

As suggested before. Lower the price on MicroRendu and let this one replace, or stay below $700. 

Anyway. Just my thaughts. 

Looking forward to listing impressions, and comparisons against the Korean. 

The price of $875 is approximately the price of the mR in the U.K at the moment in £'s. It's when you add import duty etc. that it becomes rather higher. That was my point from my perspective. Sorry I didn't make it clearer.

Just now, greenleo said:

Wow, I admire you.  I find my cabling would become very clumsy then.  Will wait for your impression.

I'm sure @vortecjr will let us know if they come with the ultraRendu as that's the first step.  Second step is I'd need to buy an ultraRendu.  :confused:

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

On 5/22/2017 at 0:15 AM, pam1975 said:

Thank you

There should be no degradation in the sound...it passes the data it receives. To soon to say what will happen with lossless support.