IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

After trying several one box solutions, I am considering returning back to a UltraRendu especially with the 2.8 software upgrade lending more stability.

I have couple hurdles to get past to take me back towards the Sonore. 

I do half of my listening to Radio Paradise, an Internet based radio site that I am addicted to, it's my go to spot for new music. I’m not sure if this is accessible via the UltraRendu. You can stream Radio Paradise from some devices at full FLAC Quality and other devices it’s its as low as 320. It’s a pretty popular site so I was wondering if any one has been able to access this with some application on the UR?

I plan to power it with an Uptone audio Ultracap ps. I’ve heard the DC cable can really improve the sound quality. Could someone please recommend a DC cable to connect them.

any help would be appreciated.

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

1 hour ago, Vangelis said:

After trying several one box solutions, I am considering returning back to a UltraRendu especially with the 2.8 software upgrade lending more stability.

I do half of my listening to Radio Paradise, an Internet based radio site that I am addicted to, it's my go to spot for new music. I’m not sure if this is accessible via the UltraRendu. You can stream Radio Paradise from some devices at full FLAC Quality and other devices it’s its as low as 320. It’s a pretty popular site so I was wondering if any one has been able to access this with some application on the UR?

I plan to power it with an Uptone audio Ultracap ps. I’ve heard the DC cable can really improve the sound quality. Could someone please recommend a DC cable to connect them.

I used here ultraRendu + LPS-1.2 + Ghent DC with Gotham cable as short as possible 0.3m. Now I use the LPS-1.2 with the ISO Regen downstream, and power the ultraRendu with Sonore's own LPS.

http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/dc-gac4.html

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

2 hours ago, Matias said:

I used here ultraRendu + LPS-1.2 + Ghent DC with Gotham cable as short as possible 0.3m. Now I use the LPS-1.2 with the ISO Regen downstream, and power the ultraRendu with Sonore's own LPS.

+1 on that cable, though in my case it's between LPS-1 and microRendu. I have several DC cables, a few I made myself with Canare wire and Oyaide plugs, and the others I bought from Ghent.

I think in my system there is no mistaking the Ghent version with Gotham GAC-4/1, JSSG360, and the Oyaide DC plugs is best sounding, and shorter is better though maybe not quite as ultra critical as some would make it out to be, but a long run is ill-advised. My 2-cents.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

4 hours ago, Vangelis said:

I don't know about Radio Paradise, but maybe LMS supports it. If not, then Shairport would be another option via iOS devices. We sell a nice DC cable on our website made in the US. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

I don't know about Radio Paradise, but maybe LMS supports it. If not, then Shairport would be another option via iOS devices. We sell a nice DC cable on our website made in the US. 

I listen to RP on LMS via my QLMS on my QNAP....

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

The Radio Paradise .flac stream is available with Volumio, just a quick install of that plugin is necessary, then it can be streamed to any of the available renderer types including UPnP, which is the way I do it.

It is also available on JRiver Media Center, version 24 and up, however I can't seem to start/control it from anything but the server itself.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

9 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

The Radio Paradise .flac stream is available with Volumio, just a quick install of that plugin is necessary, then it can be streamed to any of the available renderer types including UPnP, which is the way I do it.

It is also available on JRiver Media Center, version 24 and up, however I can't seem to start/control it from anything but the server itself.

Volume is a paid subscription? JRiver would work then on the Rendu with Radio Paradise .flac stream.

9 hours ago, Vangelis said:

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I don't know about Radio Paradise, but maybe LMS supports it.

The Radio Paradise FLAC streaming plug-in for LMS is excellent. The latest version adds the ability to login to your RP account to rate tracks and access favorites.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

51 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Can you show the setup?

RP is now a plug-in on LMS...or you can enter the URL address that was posted on the forum...maybe in Software?  I can post pics tomorrow.

Note:  QLMS is LMS ported to x86 CPU QNAP NAS systems.  It automatically downloads the latest nightly build and is brilliant.  Much more stable than LMS on a pc.  I stream to my Touch.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

9 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Volume is a paid subscription? JRiver would work then on the Rendu with Radio Paradise .flac stream.

I do not have the paid version of Volumio, but I was perfectly able to install the RP plugin and listen to the .flac stream. Perhaps they changed something recently and now only include that on their paid tier?

I do however need to amend my statement on JRiver, the stream to a UPnP renderer is being transcoded to AAC320. I have no idea why as this was originally not the case, however I just checked and though I can start the stream from the server and direct it to a renderer, it is AAC320.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

7 hours ago, Matias said:

Looking at how your currently configured, the ISO Regen must have benefitted more from the LPS-1.2 than the UltraRendu.  Did you upgrade the DC cable on the SGC power supply? It looks like the SGC power supply has a different ID (2.5mm) barrel connection than the UltraRendu’s more standard 2.1mm. Why would SGC incorporate a different less standard size barrel connectors on their ps when it would apparently require a different barrel connectors at each end of their DC cable to power a Rendu?

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

37 minutes ago, left channel said:

The Radio Paradise FLAC streaming plug-in for LMS is excellent. The latest version adds the ability to login to your RP account to rate tracks and access favorites.

Guess I can’t hide ignorance of several concepts here apparently available via Sonicorbiter. What is LMS?  How do I install the Radio Paradise FLAC streaming plug-in on the UltraRendu? really like the idea of have control of my Radio Paradise account. 

1 hour ago, Vangelis said:

Looking at how your currently configured, the ISO Regen must have benefitted more from the LPS-1.2 than the UltraRendu.  Did you upgrade the DC cable on the SGC power supply? It looks like the SGC power supply has a different ID (2.5mm) barrel connection than the UltraRendu’s more standard 2.1mm. Why would SGC incorporate a different less standard size barrel connectors on their ps when it would apparently require a different barrel connectors at each end of their DC cable to power a Rendu?

It has been common in the past for the PS output to be 5.5x2.5 and device input to be 5.5x2.1.

55 minutes ago, Vangelis said:

Guess I can’t hide ignorance of several concepts here apparently available via Sonicorbiter. What is LMS?  How do I install the Radio Paradise FLAC streaming plug-in on the UltraRendu? really like the idea of have control of my Radio Paradise account. 

LMS is Logitech Media Server. The current version is 7.9 last time I checked. It is on Sonic Orbiter and is available for other platforms.

7 hours ago, Vangelis said:

I don't have a SGC power supply, mine is Sonore's, made by barrows here from AS.

http://www.sonore.us/power.html

It has more current and better regulation than the LPS-1.2 and is opticalRendu ready whenever I can upgrade.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

9 hours ago, jcbenten said:

RP is now a plug-in on LMS...or you can enter the URL address that was posted on the forum...maybe in Software?  I can post pics tomorrow.

Note:  QLMS is LMS ported to x86 CPU QNAP NAS systems.  It automatically downloads the latest nightly build and is brilliant.  Much more stable than LMS on a pc.  I stream to my Touch.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

I do not have the paid version of Volumio, but I was perfectly able to install the RP plugin and listen to the .flac stream. Perhaps they changed something recently and now only include that on their paid tier?

I do however need to amend my statement on JRiver, the stream to a UPnP renderer is being transcoded to AAC320. I have no idea why as this was originally not the case, however I just checked and though I can start the stream from the server and direct it to a renderer, it is AAC320.

Okay. Then it’s just LMS which is very good with all kinds of internet radio streams.

9 hours ago, Vangelis said:

The plugin for LMS works great. It's also available in the Radio section of Roon.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

10 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Can you show the setup?

You go to: LMS>Settings>Plugins

Radio Paradise is listed. Just click the box and restart LMS. It will show up as an app from the main menu. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

9 hours ago, bobflood said:

LMS is Logitech Media Server. The current version is 7.9 last time I checked. It is on Sonic Orbiter and is available for other platforms.

It is also available on a range of Synology NAS units.  Indeed, I can have my 718+ up for months on end without need for updates or rebooting.  Housed centrally allows me to drive multiple players around the house. 

Michael Berger has now released 8.0 which is great for those who use Tidal or Qobuz.  It can optionally place "favorites" in your regular album or new music lists.

12 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Can you show the setup?

2 hours ago, firedog said:

You go to: LMS>Settings>Plugins

Radio Paradise is listed. Just click the box and restart LMS. It will show up as an app from the main menu. 

Exactly. It's just that simple once you have LMS ("Squeezebox Server") and Squeezelite running on your ultraRendu.To install them go to the management page, and in the Apps tab open Software Manager. (I have LMS on a separate Sonicorbiter server.)

If you want use your RP account to rate tracks and access favorites, go to the Advanced tab, select Radio Paradise from the menu, and enter your username and password. This is not required.

LMS and all plugins are free. I highly recommend the Material Design plugin, and for Windows the Squeezelite-X player:

lms-rp1.jpg.f348d8ae9f1ef2bd5ee21d0508b53ddc.jpg

lms-rp2.jpg.cbfc94d1b05c352235a15df470dae8dd.jpg

lms-rp3.jpg.691e3c2dde22a81b9e0031629c15187b.jpg

12 hours ago, Vangelis said:

Does my previous post immediately above answer your install questions? LMS is Logitech Media Server, formerly (and sometimes still) known as Squeezebox Server. LMS is a thriving ecosystem, originally based on now-discontinued hardware that Logitech still supports, available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Sonicorbiter, Rasberry PI, and more), supported by a staff developer as well as volunteers who have produced many plugins as well as players like Squeezelite-X for Windows shared above. The support forum is here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/