vortecjr

Sonore ultraRendu

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, JUN tyann said:

is ultraRendu able to LAN direct connect to PC without using switching hub.

Both the PC and the Rendu need to have IP addresses assigned to them from a router. There are ways of "bridging" your PC--such that it has two Ethernet connections (one to network, one straight to Rendu), but this takes a bit of work.  I think It is not something that Sonore endorses (not always stable), plus a really good Ethernet switch will sound better than this anyway and avoid the troubles.

Hi Jesus,

My Ultrarendu seems to have lost power.  It has been working perfectly for a long time.   I keep it powered on 24/7 with an Uptone LPS 1.2.  I went to listen today and the LED on the Ultrarendu will not light up.

The LPS 1.2 is working fine.  Thoughts?

Home: UltraRendu + LPS 1.2 | Berkeley Alpha USB | Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 | Jeff Rowland Coherence II Series 2 | Blue Circle Audio BC-202 | Raidho XT-1 | 2 x Revel Performa3 B112 subwoofers  

Desktop: Iso Regen + LPS 1 | Eitr | Chord Qutest  | Aesthetix Calypso pre | Blue Circle Audio BC-28 amp | Scansonic MK-5 monitors | Elac S10 sub

27 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Power the Rendu with the LPS-1’s charger and see what happens?

Good call.  The Ultrarendu powered up using the LPS-1.2 charger.  The problem could be my aftermarket DC power cable not getting power from the LPS 1.2 to the Ultrarendu.  My stock DC power cable is at the office so I will check on Monday.

Thanks!

Home: UltraRendu + LPS 1.2 | Berkeley Alpha USB | Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 | Jeff Rowland Coherence II Series 2 | Blue Circle Audio BC-202 | Raidho XT-1 | 2 x Revel Performa3 B112 subwoofers  

Desktop: Iso Regen + LPS 1 | Eitr | Chord Qutest  | Aesthetix Calypso pre | Blue Circle Audio BC-28 amp | Scansonic MK-5 monitors | Elac S10 sub

Has anyone compared the Small Green Computer 7V PS to the Uptone LPS 1.2 for powering an ultraRendu?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (WS 2016/AO/HQPlayer/Roon)> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

I would also be very interested in that comparison. I did compare the sOTM sPS-500 to Green Computer 7V PS on the UlltaRendu.  The SGC 7v did so sound more open with greater texture and image density. So it’s a solid performer and a good value. 

Apple Exteeme>Transparent Ethernet cable> Apple Exteeme>Melco N1zH/2> Audioquest Diamond USB>Uptone Audio IOS Regen>Metrum Acoustics Pavane Level 3>Wireworld Platinum XLR >Mark Levinson No 326s>Wireworld Platinum XLR>Audio Research DS225>Audience AU24Sx>Focal Sopha

My setup chain:

Macbook Pro (using Roon) >  wireless  >  Apple Airport Extreme  >  Ethernet cable  >  Ultrarendu.

For music, I only stream from Tidal, I don't have any saved local music files. 

I am going to install a trial version of Euphony on my Macbook and run it "stand alone" without going through Roon.

What "Ouput Mode" would I select for my Ultrarendu (obviously it is set to RoonReady now) for optimum sound quality?

..answering my own question above in case it is helpful to others, if one does not want to incorporate Roon with it, apparently the only way to use Euphony/Stylus with Ultrarendu is via embedded HQ Player so the HQ Player Output Mode is the only option.

Euphony says they are currently developing UPnP support which will be in the next released version of Euphony, but they don't have any timing yet on when the new version will be released.