IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

Has anyone compared the Small Green Computer 7V PS to the Uptone LPS 1.2 for powering an ultraRendu?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

• 2 weeks later...

I would also be very interested in that comparison. I did compare the sOTM sPS-500 to Green Computer 7V PS on the UlltaRendu.  The SGC 7v did so sound more open with greater texture and image density. So it’s a solid performer and a good value. 

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Synergistic Research Switch>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos Pulsar> Sablon EVO USB cable>Innuos Phoenix>Sablon EVO USB cable>T+A DAC 2000 >Enleum AMP-23r>Audience SX speaker cables>Raidho X1t or HiFiMan HE-1000se headphones. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner.

• 2 weeks later...

My setup chain:

Macbook Pro (using Roon) >  wireless  >  Apple Airport Extreme  >  Ethernet cable  >  Ultrarendu.

For music, I only stream from Tidal, I don't have any saved local music files. 

I am going to install a trial version of Euphony on my Macbook and run it "stand alone" without going through Roon.

What "Ouput Mode" would I select for my Ultrarendu (obviously it is set to RoonReady now) for optimum sound quality?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

..answering my own question above in case it is helpful to others, if one does not want to incorporate Roon with it, apparently the only way to use Euphony/Stylus with Ultrarendu is via embedded HQ Player so the HQ Player Output Mode is the only option.

Euphony says they are currently developing UPnP support which will be in the next released version of Euphony, but they don't have any timing yet on when the new version will be released.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 4 weeks later...

Zen MKIII. I use the USB input from my OPPO 205 as a Dac. 

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Some quick question for Jesus. I use my UltraRendu with LinnKazoo for streaming Tidal to a Topping D50S DAC. I can control volume either via the app, or the DAC remote but I’m confused as to how the volume is being altered. If I set the DAC to maximum output in the the UR, how is the volume then being altered from the Linn app? Does the UR control the volume on the ES9038 directly? Second, how can I effectively use the DAC remote? Should I set the Linn/UR volume to 100 percent and then allow the DAC and remote to have final control?

Is there any way I can stream Deezer from my Android phone to my ultraRendu directly, without any server in between?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

1 hour ago, Matias said:

Is there any way I can stream Deezer from my Android phone to my ultraRendu directly, without any server in between?

Only if you are able to stream it to an Airplay device because the Rendu emulates one via an app named Shairport.

6 hours ago, Matias said:

The only way that I was ever able to stream Deezer to any of my various Rendus was by using LMS as the server. I still think that is the only way. There is talk of a future integration with Roon but nothing definite yet.

9 hours ago, bobflood said:

The only way that I was ever able to stream Deezer to any of my various Rendus was by using LMS as the server. I still think that is the only way. There is talk of a future integration with Roon but nothing definite yet.

I haven’t tried it but it seems like a good option. 

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

It has been quite some time since I used that approach but one thing it required then was using the ickStream plug-in/server to get 44.1/16 material. That server project was no longer actively supported at the end although it was left operating. There may be a more direct method now but since I now use Roon/Tidal/Qobuz, I really don't know for sure.

16 hours ago, vortecjr said:

8 hours ago, bobflood said:

It has been quite some time since I used that approach but one thing it required then was using the ickStream plug-in/server to get 44.1/16 material. That server project was no longer actively supported at the end although it was left operating. There may be a more direct method now but since I now use Roon/Tidal/Qobuz, I really don't know for sure.

No worries, the Deezer plugin for LMS moved on from IckStream to mysqueezbox years ago, and probably works entirely independently by now. I don't use Deezer myself, but I've also read that third-party apps can't access Deezer Hi-Fi, which is a shame, but other than that it seems to work well. The Qobuz plugin for LMS works at all resolutions supported by that service.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

• 1 month later...

Dear Jesus, quite happy with my ultraRendu, but are there plans to upgrade the software with something like room acoustics? That would be a great addition and boost sales, but as a non-technical person I don’t know if this is possible.

20 hours ago, jos said:

Dear Jesus, quite happy with my ultraRendu, but are there plans to upgrade the software with something like room acoustics? That would be a great addition and boost sales, but as a non-technical person I don’t know if this is possible.

This kind of digital signal processing is best done at the server where you have enough CPU power for the job. Having the Rendu on the other side of the network isolates it from the server and its noisy tasks.

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

This kind of digital signal processing is best done at the server where you have enough CPU power for the job. Having the Rendu on the other side of the network isolates it from the server and its noisy tasks.

Thanks, Jesus, I will explore this further.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a question about using a ultraRendu with an Oppo 205. Wasn't sure if I should ask the question here or on the Roon sight. I cannot seem to use the UR together with the OPPO in Roon.

- I have my UR set up, its on my network and I can view it through sonicorbiter.com

- The UR is connected to the Oppo via the Oppo's USB port

- The diagnostics show the Oppo is connected.

- If I select the UR in Roon, I do not get any sound

- If I select the Oppo in Roon, I get sound via the Balanced out connections

- If I select the Shairport app, I can play music through any app on my phone through the balanced out connections on the Oppo. 

I'm guessing it's just a setting somewhere or maybe the fact that the Oppo and the UR are both Roon endpoints they don't play well together? There are no settings for Roon in the settings on the Oppo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason

Hi Jason, I can confirm that uR plays perfectly with Oppo 205.

I do fail to understand what might be the problem. I usually play Roon and squeezelite and I don’t see the uR in Roon but of course it is played through the uR. If I remember well when you use Ethernet with Roon and the Oppo,  in order to use usb and uR you need to switch off first the player to use Roon. And uR will show up. Is this the case? 
Another problem that you need to take into consideration is that the new Dac firmware 0118 might lead to problems with the oppo output when you’re up sampling. Is this the case? 
I feel that I was not to helpful but as I said earlier, I do not exactly understand your problem. Perhaps a couple of pics could help. Cheers Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

9 hours ago, soares said:

Hi Jason, I can confirm that uR plays perfectly with Oppo 205.

I do fail to understand what might be the problem. I usually play Roon and squeezelite and I don’t see the uR in Roon but of course it is played through the uR. If I remember well when you use Ethernet with Roon and the Oppo,  in order to use usb and uR you need to switch off first the player to use Roon. And uR will show up. Is this the case? 
Another problem that you need to take into consideration is that the new Dac firmware 0118 might lead to problems with the oppo output when you’re up sampling. Is this the case? 
I feel that I was not to helpful but as I said earlier, I do not exactly understand your problem. Perhaps a couple of pics could help. Cheers Jorge

I thought that maybe that was the case too, that if I chose the Oppo in Roon, the UR was out of the way but the DAC diagnostic shows the USB in as not being used when I choose the Oppo, this meaning the UR isn't being used. The DAC diagnostic shows that it is being used when I run it via Shairport and when I run the USB out of the UR to my PrePro. 

I would think it should work the same as the input to the prepro, no? 

I've had the 0118 DAC firmware installed for a year now. I really don't think that is the issue. 

2 hours ago, stumptown0426 said:

I thought that maybe that was the case too, that if I chose the Oppo in Roon, the UR was out of the way but the DAC diagnostic shows the USB in as not being used when I choose the Oppo, this meaning the UR isn't being used. The DAC diagnostic shows that it is being used when I run it via Shairport and when I run the USB out of the UR to my PrePro. 

I would think it should work the same as the input to the prepro, no? 

I've had the 0118 DAC firmware installed for a year now. I really don't think that is the issue. 

If you see the Rendu listed in Roon / Settings / Audio then the Rendu sees your USB device. If you select the Rendu in Roon as the audio device and play something Roon will stream to your USB device through the Rendu. 

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

If you see the Rendu listed in Roon / Settings / Audio then the Rendu sees your USB device. If you select the Rendu in Roon as the audio device and play something Roon will stream to your USB device through the Rendu. 

This is my understanding as well but it wasn't working. After I read your post, I moved the USB cable from the UR back to the Oppo from the PrePro and BOOM, it now works. Weird. Thanks for the reply.