IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

@vortecjr Is Roon Ready version 1.1.31 the current version? I ran an update last week, anything new since then or anything coming along? Thanks.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

12 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Does that mean you need to change the sample rate in Audio MIDI for each different sample rate you play? Or leaving it at 24/192kHz is enough for all sample rates at 192k and below?

Have you asked Schiit what's changed? They're really the only ones that can answer. You can ask them if this is specific to Roon but I doubt it.. If you have Audirvana (or use the free trial version) you can test and confirm if it has the same problem. Change the output mode of ultraRendu to UPnP for Audirvana to see it as an endpoint. And select Exclusive Mode.

Yes I have asked Schiit again, and they're now admitting that they may have returned the Yggdrasil with a faulty USB 5 module, but they have not explained why or how the Analog 2 upgrade might have messed with the USB 5...  As much as I hate doing this, I am going to have to RMA the YGGY back to California for another service run (The thing just arrived yesterday from its Analog2 upgrade trip, so to say I am bummed about having to send it back tomorrow could be considered the understatement of the year, at least of my year!  But what else can I do?)...  I'm also pissed because this looks like the result of some very sloppy, and careless work on Schiit's part...  At least this looks like something very avoidable, because the Gen5 USB was in flawless working shape when it went out on the Analog 2 upgrade trip...  But let me stop here because I do not want to get worked up anymore than I currently am already... )

24 minutes ago, sahmen said:

Yes I have asked Schiit again, and they're now admitting that they may have returned the Yggdrasil with a faulty USB 5 module, but they have not explained why or how the Analog 2 upgrade might have messed with the USB 5...  As much as I hate doing this, I am going to have to RMA the YGGY back to California for another service run (The thing just arrived yesterday from its Analog2 upgrade trip, so to say I am bummed about having to send it back tomorrow could be considered the understatement of the year, at least of my year!  But what else can I do?)...  I'm also pissed because this looks like the result of some very sloppy, and careless work on Schiit's part...  At least this looks like something very avoidable, because the Gen5 USB was in flawless working shape when it went out on the Analog 2 upgrade trip...  But let me stop here because I do not want to get worked up anymore than I currently am already... )

The Analog 2 upgrade swaps a pretty major board and does some firmware updates too. Perhaps there were also some running changes in the Gen5 USB boards and they wanted to give you the latest version. For whatever reason, looks like you have a faulty USB board. It sucks yes, and I'm surprised it wasn't caught in testing, but hopefully they can turn it around for you quickly. These things can happen. You will definitely be happy when you finally get it working I guarantee you, just a bit more patience is required (it's hard I know, but what can you do). Hang in there!

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

No. We are working on an update though. 

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to it.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

12 hours ago, rlow said:

The Analog 2 upgrade swaps a pretty major board and does some firmware updates too. Perhaps there were also some running changes in the Gen5 USB boards and they wanted to give you the latest version. For whatever reason, looks like you have a faulty USB board. It sucks yes, and I'm surprised it wasn't caught in testing, but hopefully they can turn it around for you quickly. These things can happen. You will definitely be happy when you finally get it working I guarantee you, just a bit more patience is required (it's hard I know, but what can you do). Hang in there!

12 hours ago, sahmen said:

Well here is the latest update on this front :

I can't explain what has happened or how it happened, except that, this morning, something said I should try hooking up the USB 5 again with another computer (an older Macbook Pro) and cable before packing my Yggy for another service trip to Schiit Audio, and bam! USB 5 decides to show up on the computer.  I go back to my other, newer, Macbook Pro, and USB 5 shows up again (it wouldn't 2 days ago)! Then finally, I re-hook up the Ultrarendu with USB--even with the Phasure Lush cable, and bam! the Ultrarendu can now see the Yggdrasil...  So everything seems to be working fine...

Again, I have no explanation for this sudden responsiveness of my USB 5, where it was completely non-responsive a couple of days ago...  Gremlins?  Effects of some of the Analog2 firmware updates that rlow was referring to?  I do not know.  However, I think I am going to monitor it for some time and see how stable the performance is before taking another step.

Make no mistake, I am very happy to see it working normally again, in the meantime,  although, I also feel a little embarrassed, strangely, as if I have just overreacted unnecessarily to a set of trivial hiccups..., but I can live with it, as long as my USB 5 stays working, and does not become temperamental again...  Fingers crossed!.

On 9/9/2018 at 4:06 PM, jaaptina said:

Thanks but I just realized the DragonFly doesn't have a volume control in this set up. So I need a dac with volume control. 

Since you brought it up I thought I'd try the DragonFly with my UltraRendu in place of the Auralic Vega which is my normal DAC. Worked like a champ. Roon saw it right away, plays 16/44, 24/48 and 24/96 files. Also renders 24/48 and 24/96 MQA files streamed from Tidal. You mentioned a lack of volume control but the DragonFly supports both hardware and software volume control. I don't know how you were planning on driving the DragonFly but Roon supports DSP volume control with the DragonFly and although it's been awhile, I vaguely remember that JRiver can do something similar. I would guess other programs would have something built in as well.

@jaaptina, That ACA amp is really good with the right speakers, I just built one for Sonore President Jesus and was kind of sorry to ship it off to him!  I am considering building another and making it into a headphone amp (but for those who might want tp do this, remember the two Red speaker terminals are common!).

I know it is OT, but I am interested to know what speakers you are driving with the ACA's 8 watts per channel (pure class A)?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

20 minutes ago, barrows said:

what speakers you are driving with the ACA's 8 watts per channel (pure class A)?

Klipsch Cornwall here. ACA is already great as SE stereo (volume knob on the Auralic Vega never set over 45. usually stayng between 30 and 36) nonetheless I’ll soon build a second one and use two as XLR monos

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

1 hour ago, pl_svn said:

Klipsch Cornwall here.

My wife got me sucked into watching a romantic time-travel/historical-adventure TV show called Outlander, based on a way-too-long set of books.  It is set in Scotland and England and I'd swear there is a character in it named Klipsch Cornwall.  If not there ought to be.  It's a great name! x-D

I'm currently using my ultraRendu with a Chord Qutest DAC primarily in Squeezelite Mode but occasionally in MPD Mode.  With 2.6 (updated ~ April time frame) I can switch between Squeezelite and MPD modes fairly pretty easy and they both to work.  I recently did an uR update and MPD mode will not work at all.  I have done many different troubleshooting efforts to get it to work - nothing will seem to allow MPD to fully sync up with my DAC.  I can get the DAC Diagnostics page to show nominal status in top and bottom boxes, but the middle box at best shows "unknown".  (Squeezelite mode still works after update). I did not see any indications during the update that would indicate that there were any issues or problems with the update.   I borrowed a 2.6 configured SDHC card (from roughly the same April time frame) put it the ultraRendu and it works just like my card did prior to the update.  Working MPD /DLNA Renderer version is 0.20.6 non-working is 0.20.20.

Updates to Tidal and Qobuz streaming:

We have cleaned up the way the Rendu series streams Tidal and Qobuz. Before you needed BubbleUPnP Server running on the network to make the OpenHome capable. Now BubbleUPnP Server is no longer needed. This means a simpler setup for first time and long time users and a cleaning experience overall. This feature works with Linn Kazoo on your computer or mobile device (phone or tablet) and just requires a Tidal account.

Here is how to get it:

The unit most be updated to the latest version from Apps / Software Manager. Follow the update with a reboot. Go to Settings / MPD DLNA and press Save. Remember to shut down BubbleUPnP where you run it. FYI You can still use it if you prefer it. You should now see a Tidal and Qobuz tab in Linn Kazoo and when selected you are prompted to enter you username and password.  

Later today I'll update the Tidal and Qobuz setup thread later today. 

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27851-sonicorbiter-tidalqobuz-setup-with-openhome/

20 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Now BubbleUPnP Server is no longer needed.

Excellent news!

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I run the update to version 2.7 and that worked fine. At last I did a reboot as told in the update.

I can see the ultraRendu on my network and in Finder,  but ultraRendu is not seen by Audirvana Plus, so I cannot select it.

I rebooted my network and computer but still no ultraRendu in A+

What can be the problem?

Thanks, Jos.

Happy to solve this problem: 

I changed some settings in the MPD / DLNA Renderer Settings menu and saved those settings, including the name of the Player. After that I could select it in A+. Perhaps good to known for others with A+.

Good luck with the upgrade!

Gr. Jos