IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

Appropriately kind words.

What are the broader implications of this fix, ... there are some?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Jamesg11,

Jesus mentioned to Andreas that it would be incorporated into the next firmware update when it is pushed out to the general population. What that means for users of other DACs I can't say. It surely won't break them. For users of Playback Designs Merlot DACs it means that they can now play DSD files natively to the full capability of their DAC without using DoP. I'm sure Jesus can elaborate more what this means for other users.

I'm agnostic about sq issues concerning DoP vs. native DSD; the issue for me when I had to use DoP was DoP topped out at DSD128 because the max sample rate my DAC will do in PCM is 384. So my DSD256 files had to be converted to DSD128, in my case by Roon or HQPlayer before I could play them.

As I wrote above, not a big issue in the overall scheme of things since there is not a lot of commercial content out there yet in DSD256, though HDTT has some excellent titles transferred from tape to DSD256. It's nice to be able to enjoy really good recordings in as high a DSD rate as possible, particularly as the Merlot DAC does such a great job playing DSD. If as I hope there is a Playback Designs Pinot ADC in my future my collection of vinyl transferred to DSD256 will grow quite a bit.

Steve Z

VPI-HW40 Anniversary turntable, Grado Aeon3 cartridge; Teres turntable, VPI Fatboy gimbal, Dynavector XV1-S, Lyra Helikon mono; Taiko Audio Extreme server, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP21 Reference Clock; Playback Designs Pinot ADC; D'Agostino Momentum M400 amplifiers, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono stage; Wilson Audio Alexx speakers, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers; Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR & Typhon, Shunyata Sigma NR & Alpha NR power cords, Sigma interconnects, digital and speaker cables; Stillpoints ESS grid system rack; Stillpoints Ultras and Ultra 5s, component stands and cones under everything, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots and lots of music.

Based on all the help and reassurance I've gotten from this thread, I've finally ordered an ultraRendu. With the LPS-1 backordered until January 18th, I've also purchased a cheap linear wall-wart that I hope to use until then. The iFi iPower is not an option here, as reports say it may interfere with my nearby ham radios, and not really in the "cheap" range.

Feel free to warn me away from that Reliapro adapter, but in general I don't mind adding add another one of those things to my collection. They are so big and get so hot, I could probably use a power strip full of them to warm my feet if the heat goes out! And it is linear, not switching. Should be good enough for the first month or so.

Any opinions/guidance on the Sonore DC-4 cable for the LPS-1?

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

On 21/12/2017 at 4:24 AM, Em2016 said:

Hi JR, is the new Roon v1.4 RoonBridge update already available in Sonicorbiter software updates? for ultraRendu

There are RoonBridge RAAT updates with v1.4

cheets

Can’t edit my post but that was meant to read cheers not cheets @vortecjr ;-)

Do you need to manually update the RoonBridge update?

2 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Can’t edit my post but that was meant to read cheers not cheets @vortecjr ;-)

Do you need to manually update the RoonBridge update?

LOL. No offence taken...we know how the real cheats are;) Anyway, we don't use RoonBridge. 

• 2 weeks later...

May I ask a stupid question?  I just received my Ultrarendu today.  I have three copies of all my music: one external USB hard drive, one hard drive attached to my router as NAS; and one hard drive in my primary desktop computer.

My router can function as a DLNA server.

I would like to use my tablet to control playback.  I'd like the ability to upsample to DSD as well.  How do I do these two things?

Thanks!

HC 

Front ends:

Digital: Sonore ultraRendu or SOtM 200 ultra Trifecta --> LKS MH-D004

Analog: Clearaudio Performance DC --> Rogue Triton

Back end: SMc Audio VRE-1C --> SMc Audio DNA125 Platinum Plus-->Stealth Dream v10 cables --> Ridge Street Audio Designs Sason speakers, dual Rhythmik F12SE subs

1 hour ago, aggielaw said:

May I ask a stupid question?  I just received my Ultrarendu today.  I have three copies of all my music: one external USB hard drive, one hard drive attached to my router as NAS; and one hard drive in my primary desktop computer.

I would like to use my tablet to control playback.  I'd like the ability to upsample to DSD as well.  How do I do these two things?

Thanks!

HC 

In order to oversample to DSD you need two things: 1.  A computer with enough processing power and memory to handle the work (oversampling to DSD is not easy and requires quite a lot more processing power than just PCM oversampling), and 2. A software capable of the DSD oversampling.

I would recommend an I7 processor and 16 Gb of memory to be safe.

Configuration example:

I7 computer running ROON or Audirvana Plus-Ethernet cable-Router-Ethernet cable-ultraRendu-USB cable-DAC, then your tablet would control playback via the ROON remote app or Audirvana Plus remote app.

I hope that helps!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

7 hours ago, aggielaw said:

Thanks!

HC 

To get dlna streaming going I recommend Bubbleupnp as control point on your Android tablet or phone. 

On 12/16/2017 at 12:21 PM, left channel said:

Any opinions/guidance on the Sonore DC-4 cable for the LPS-1?

Hi,

For me, in my system,  to my ears, the DC-4 cable was a requirement. I was using a Teradak linear PS as the feeder supply for the LPS-1 and the system sounded a little worse than the stock LPS-1 DC cable compared to the TeraDak alone. (It was a bit thinner and the mid-range was quieted. There was more detail, but at the expense of the mids and bass response). Immediately after the DC-4 cable the midrange & bass filled out without any loss of detail and clarity in the treble. The bass was smoother as well. At the time the cables by Ghent were not yet available. I have not yet tried a Ghent cable for the LPS-1, - so I have only compared the DC-4 to the stock cable.

16 hours ago, jaaptina said:

To get dlna streaming going I recommend Bubbleupnp as control point on your Android tablet or phone. 

Thanks!  Got Bubbleupnp running today.  This weekend I will go ahead and start my 60-day Roon trial, although I balk at the price. :(

Front ends:

Digital: Sonore ultraRendu or SOtM 200 ultra Trifecta --> LKS MH-D004

Analog: Clearaudio Performance DC --> Rogue Triton

Back end: SMc Audio VRE-1C --> SMc Audio DNA125 Platinum Plus-->Stealth Dream v10 cables --> Ridge Street Audio Designs Sason speakers, dual Rhythmik F12SE subs

On 21/08/2017 at 10:16 AM, vortecjr said:

BTW we are working on an internal tweak that has some interesting potential. If (emphasis on the word if) it pans out we will be making it available to microRendu, microRendu 1.4, and ultraRendu running Sonicorbiter 2.5 for free via Apps / Software Manager. Top secret stuff and can't say more except that you will not be able to do this externally:)

Hey JR, is this still happening? Or has it already been revealed and I missed it ?

9 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I forget what that was about, but we have something interesting coming down the pipe line. 

Around 12 months ago I asked about the possibility of a Sonore Virtual Soundcard app that could be installed on PC/Mac. Which would allow all PC/Mac audio to be sent over the network to the mR/uR - audio from ANY program.

I’d be happy to pay for such a PC/Mac app of course.

You mentioned you were doing some work to slowly look into it.

Was any progress made or is too difficult to do?

I thought maybe the latency between video and audio might be the issue?

36 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Around 12 months ago I asked about the possibility of a Sonore Virtual Soundcard app that could be installed on PC/Mac. Which would allow all PC/Mac audio to be sent over the network to the mR/uR - audio from ANY program.

This would be a game changer. . .

BPT 3.5 Ultra/Reference 3A Reflectors/MSB Technology S201 Amplifier/MSB Technology Analog DAC/MSB Technology Network Renderer/Audirvana +

1 hour ago, Em2016 said:

Maybe on a different platform, but not on this one. 

51 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Maybe on a different platform, but not on this one. 

Very cool. Without going into any timeline detail at all, is it something you can see Sonore definitely doing (on another platform).

Or still in the “maybe “ category?