IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

Sonore + Black Friday Sale = Ultra Rendu Heaven!

Been listening quite happily to my Micro Rendu Version 1.4/2.5 OS for some time now. Using the Uptone LPS-1 as well. Thanks to the Black Friday Sale and a case of upgradeitis I jumped on the Ultra Band Wagon. One of the things I recall when it first came out was that the Ultra was more likely to play nice in the sandbox with Audiophile USB cables. I have a couple of split USB cables that I would like to try out. I’ve been using the Curious Cable Regen Link with my Micro Rendu. My dilemma is how do I supply the 5v for the vbus. I have a Aqvox USB power supply but that is designed to be connected to a USB Port on a computer. Not sure I can use it just to inject the 5 volts, my Bryston BDA-3 does require it.

Any Little black boxes out there that would do the trick?

I am really jazzed to be making this change, hope it ships soon.

Thanks for any input.....

Mike

PS....Tried to add this as a new topic, it did not show up for some reason.

12 hours ago, BCRich said:

Been listening quite happily to my Micro Rendu Version 1.4/2.5 OS for some time now. Using the Uptone LPS-1 as well. Thanks to the Black Friday Sale and a case of upgradeitis I jumped on the Ultra Band Wagon. One of the things I recall when it first came out was that the Ultra was more likely to play nice in the sandbox with Audiophile USB cables. I have a couple of split USB cables that I would like to try out. I’ve been using the Curious Cable Regen Link with my Micro Rendu. My dilemma is how do I supply the 5v for the vbus. I have a Aqvox USB power supply but that is designed to be connected to a USB Port on a computer. Not sure I can use it just to inject the 5 volts, my Bryston BDA-3 does require it.

Any Little black boxes out there that would do the trick?

I am really jazzed to be making this change, hope it ships soon.

Thanks for any input.....

Mike

Should be the same with USB cables. These units have great linear regulators on the USB output so if you are using a good power supply you should all set.

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Should be the same with USB cables. These units have great linear regulators on the USB output so if you are using a good power supply you should all set.

Thanks Jesus. I just tried the Aqvox PS with my mRendu and a split YFS USB cable. No go, the mR does not see the Dac. I’ll try again with the Ultra. I guess I might be selling some USB cables. May give the Lush USB cable a try.

Pleasantly surprised when I went to Track the Delivery of the ultraRendu this morning that it was on my door step. Right off the bat I noticed a much lower noise floor, better sense of the recording space, improved transients compared to my Version 1.4 mR, I can go on and it obviously isn’t broken in yet. Have not tried the Sbooster Linear Power Supply yet, using the LPS-1 for now.

Very happy camper so far.

Much thanks to all!

Mike

17 hours ago, BCRich said:

Pleasantly surprised when I went to Track the Delivery of the ultraRendu this morning that it was on my door step. Right off the bat I noticed a much lower noise floor, better sense of the recording space, improved transients compared to my Version 1.4 mR, I can go on and it obviously isn’t broken in yet. Have not tried the Sbooster Linear Power Supply yet, using the LPS-1 for now.

Much thanks to all!

Mike

Did fright apply to the Black Friday deal ?

Does the the SBooster have a 220 VAC option ?

I’m on my way to do the same deal.

9 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Did fright apply to the Black Friday deal ?

Does the the SBooster have a 220 VAC option ?

I’m on my way to do the same deal.

Had to pay for shipping. I don’t think the Sbooster P.S. has a 220v option.

I will double check and let you know. 

The mR with the 1.4 upgrade was good but the ultraRendu is clearly better in my opinion. Go for it, you won’t be disappointed.

Mike

On 2017-11-25 at 12:10 AM, scottcocoabeach said:

Ordered bundle #5 on the Black Friday special. Looking forward to a big upgrade from the Sonic Orbiter SE!

I also ordered the UltraRendu Bundle #5 on Black Friday. Moving from MicroRendu with iFi power supply, obviously hoping it will be an improvement in sound quality, even though it is feeding a Gen 5 USB Schiit DAC (Gumby).

That said, I haven't received any update on the order progress yet, hoping it will ship soon!!

1 hour ago, rlow said:

That said, I haven't received any update on the order progress yet, hoping it will ship soon!!

I know there was a limit number of items available. I guess they was kind enough to let us all purchase, but it may be on the cost of the shipping date.  My order no is 1968. (Super Ultra Bundle #10)

I hope Jesus can give a general update here soon. 

On 27/11/2017 at 11:13 PM, BCRich said:

The mR with the 1.4 upgrade was good but the ultraRendu is clearly better in my opinion. Go for it, you won’t be disappointed.

Mike

I've got 2 sbooster (european model). If those are the same as mines, You just need to open them and select the appropriate voltage. If I did it, everybody can do it... :-)

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

On 11/26/2017 at 8:40 PM, BCRich said:

Much thanks to all!

Mike

Thanks for letting us know....enjoy. 

On 11/27/2017 at 11:13 PM, BCRich said:

Mike

We have 220v available and we are watching where they are going:) 

On 11/28/2017 at 1:21 AM, R1200CL said:

I did ?

Added the ultraDigital as well. Shall test it against a modified SU-1.  Andrew did offer a 220 VAC SBooster. (Which I may sell cheap). 

If you say things like that we vendors may not allow to make these kinds of deals in the future;)

6 hours ago, rlow said:

I also ordered the UltraRendu Bundle #5 on Black Friday. Moving from MicroRendu with iFi power supply, obviously hoping it will be an improvement in sound quality, even though it is feeding a Gen 5 USB Schiit DAC (Gumby).

Some of these will take time to ship because they are more or less complex. Please be patient. 

5 hours ago, soares said:

I've got 2 sbooster (european model). If those are the same as mines, You just need to open them and select the appropriate voltage. If I did it, everybody can do it... :-)

This will not be necessary because we will ship the correct voltage to your country.

13 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

Are there any issues putting the ultraRendu on top of my Yggdrasil? Will either unit affect the other negatively?

I don't know about your DAC, but in my system moving the ultraRendu as far from my DAC as the USB cable allowed (16”) improved clarity. 

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

The product description says "Supports Tidal and Qobuz lossless streaming in Squeezelite output mode and DLNA output mode" but there are not configuration details on the online user manual page. Anyone care to share setup details? Qobuz in particular, as we can't use Roon to make that one easier, but Tidal setup for this mode would also be a good example.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

@left channel ... not sure if this helps, but I spotted this on Qobuz's website 

http://www.qobuz.com/FR-fr/info/Hi-Fi/Bancs-d-essai/Tutoriel-Logitech-Media-Server179701

In French but you could run it through Google Translate (sort of !).

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

56 minutes ago, left channel said:

The product description says "Supports Tidal and Qobuz lossless streaming in Squeezelite output mode and DLNA output mode" but there are not configuration details on the online user manual page. Anyone care to share setup details? Qobuz in particular, as we can't use Roon to make that one easier, but Tidal setup for this mode would also be a good example.

I think it would be the same as Tidal, except whatever software you use to login and control playback, you simply log into Qobuz instead.

For instance I use BubbleUPNP for Android, and the same spot I can enable Tidal, also has an option to sign in to Qobuz right above it.