IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

6 hours ago, Charente said:

@jaaptina Depends on how good your USB DAC input is ... in my case EITR made a significant difference with a Schiit Gungnir MB ... its Gen 2 USB input is not as good as S/PDIF, in my opinion. I have used both F1 (vBus powered and separate PS) & EITR with the microRendu and the EITR, in my setup, was the better of the two. The difference was not enormous but still worthwhile.

EDIT: Whether the ultraRendu improves over a microRendu when paired with a DDC like the EITR, I'm not sure. Perhaps marginal. 

To me ultraRendu improves over a microRendu when paired with Offramp 5 DDC.

1 hour ago, extracampine said:

I wonder if Jesus or anyone else can comment as to whether the UltraRendu will work with an Amanero-based DAC such as the Lampizator?

Of course it will. However, I think what you are really asking is if native DSD works on it. I really can't say yes or no. All I can say is that it's up to Amanero or Lampizator to say that the Amanero's firmware works perfectly with the Linux native DSD driver.   

6 minutes ago, unbalanced output said:

Works perfectly with dsd256, let me know if I can help you with debugging. I don't have dsd512 so I can't confirm.

@vortecjr if I remember well, when I select DOP and dsd256 it does play fine with the Lampi. I might be mistaken though. Does the uR resample for compatibility? The Chord obviously doesn't work with the combination.

It would only work with native at 256 with Amenero. Chord does not support native DSD on Linux.

I get that crackling coming & going with dsf256.

My understanding was that it ought to be good if the dac can do pcm768, as with my iDSD micro dac. Certainly it works fine sometimes, then not others ... I’ve been trying to solve this by looking at cpu usage etc on my macmini which is locale of roon sw & music files. Still no success.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

9 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

I get that crackling coming & going with dsf256.

My understanding was that it ought to be good if the dac can do pcm768, as with my iDSD micro dac. Certainly it works fine sometimes, then not others ... I’ve been trying to solve this by looking at cpu usage etc on my macmini which is locale of roon sw & music files. Still no success.

Amanero's issues are related to trying to make their device do something that it was not designed to do. The Native DSD drive was developed primarily for XMOS based devices which the Amanero is not. I have an iFi iDSD DAC here and it works fine. They have different firmwares and can try. If you are resampling or scanning a library these things can affect the stream.  

Thanks Jesus, that gives me another angle to approach this from - there are fw choices for the iDSD dac?

I’m not using the roon dsp at all, just native dsf256 files. /& the cpu & network usage on the macmini appears to be minimal.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

15 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

Thanks Jesus, that gives me another angle to approach this from - there are fw choices for the iDSD dac?

I’m not using the roon dsp at all, just native dsf256 files. /& the cpu & network usage on the macmini appears to be minimal.

There are a few firmware versions for each DAC. CPU usage is only one aspect of streaming. This issue can be some kind of interrupt on the network output. It can be the server performing process in the background like looking up metadata on the Internet. Do you have a managed switch in the loop? 

No switches here - ethernet cables, curious usb,  macmini, ultraRendu, idsd micro bl, lpsu.

Just pulled the trigger on the Ultrarendu.   I was going to update the MicroRendu to 1.4 Status and get the IsoRegen which would have put me out about about $550.   But after reading the posts here, where people don’t hear any significant difference with the IsoRegen and Ultrarendu and that the Ultrarendu is clearly better than the MicroRendu with IsoRegen, I decided to forgo that plan and just get the Ultrarendu.   It is a simpler setup.   I am anxious to hear the differences as I think the MicroRendu is pretty awesome sounding already.  

7 hours ago, savjam said:

Just pulled the trigger on the Ultrarendu.   I was going to update the MicroRendu to 1.4 Status and get the IsoRegen which would have put me out about about $550.   But after reading the posts here, where people don’t hear any significant difference with the IsoRegen and Ultrarendu and that the Ultrarendu is clearly better than the MicroRendu with IsoRegen, I decided to forgo that plan and just get the Ultrarendu.   It is a simpler setup.   I am anxious to hear the differences as I think the MicroRendu is pretty awesome sounding already.  

Okay..keep us posted.

On 23/10/2017 at 9:21 PM, vortecjr said:

Update on this issue. Updating the unit via Apps / Software Manager = problem solved. 

Yes, indeed! That did it ... max res files for the iDSD from a macmini, dsf256 & pcm768, now flowing along on Roon. Thank you.

But A+ is still a flakey mess. Fully untenable. Does that require a future sw tinker as well?

15 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

Yes, indeed! That did it ... max res files for the iDSD from a macmini, dsf256 & pcm768, now flowing along on Roon. Thank you.

But A+ is still a flakey mess. Fully untenable. Does that require a future sw tinker as well?

No. Roon just happen to have something they were working on at the server/renderer level.

this one is *current* A+ thread: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/35034-audirvana-31/

(they keep opening a new one at each A+ ".x" version 9_9 )

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones