IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

5 hours ago, Theobetley said:

So what is in the pipeline for

Sonore? Anything like a super clocked usb card?  

The clock on the ultraRendu and microRendu upgrade are actually super in IMO. I read some pretty crazy stuff on this forum. The other day I read a post where the guy was looking for a custom made motherboard with low noise regulators and a ultra low noise oscillator.  We don't make USB cards and have no interest in them. 

7 hours ago, vortecjr said:

The clock on the ultraRendu and microRendu upgrade are actually super in IMO. I read some pretty crazy stuff on this forum. The other day I read a post where the guy was looking for a custom made motherboard with low noise regulators and a ultra low noise oscillator.  

Agree that the clock on the 1.4 upgrade sounds good. 

Not sure why it is crazy though for someone to want a mobo designed and optimized for low noise.  My understanding was that the Sonore streamers have just such a custom board ... shouldn't the same low noise principles also be helpful for music servers?

7 hours ago, atxkyle said:

Agree that the clock on the 1.4 upgrade sounds good. 

Not sure why it is crazy though for someone to want a mobo designed and optimized for low noise.  My understanding was that the Sonore streamers have just such a custom board ... shouldn't the same low noise principles also be helpful for music servers?

That is my point...we already have a custom MB:)

On 10/10/2017 at 12:46 AM, Cyrus said:

@thyname  Sure. I'll make a note to post.

What are your thoughts on the XLO Ultra Plus?  

Here's what I am comparing in this first go-around:

Wireworld 7 Platinum Starlight

Purist Audio Design Ultimate

Audience Au24 SE

and

Cardas High Speed Clear

I've wrapped up listening to the first two (over two days with each). Both perform well. There are some differences in sound within my system.

The Audience will go in within the hour.

Any thoughts on the Audience Au24 SE and Cardas Clear High Speed?

@mikey8811  I'm still evaluating. Not easy. All four USB cables are good and I can see why someone would choose any one of them and be satisfied with the specific cable's performance.

There are slight differences, to my ears and within my system.

I can say that the Cardas HS Clear holds it's own and represents the best bang for the buck among the four, especially if you can pick one up discounted off of list.

I recommend you give the cables you are looking at a try in your own system. The Cable Co. lending program has been a boon for this sort of evaluation, for my needs.

@mikey8811  Since you have the Cardas High Speed Clear in your system, it is I who should be asking for your findings!  I'd love to hear your evaluation of it.

I'm not planning on bringing in the Lush cable at this time.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm still evaluating. The differences are slight. My early take is that two of the other cables offer more energy and presence, one is more mid-ranged focused, and one offers more detail, insight and smoothness. Again, the Cardas does all of this, it's just that the others have a slight edge in some areas. I consider the Cardas very well balanced and as is always important - it is really dependent on your system, preferences, ears and goals for the overall sound in your system.

9 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Right now we are working on a USB to digital converter and waiting for some other technology to catch up.  

Mmm, like a Schiit Eitr?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

@Cyrus Yes, the Cardas Clear HS is quite balanced with that midrange that they are famous for. My other cabling is mostly Cardas so it works out well. I haven't really tried anything else except for a short Curious Regen Link so I was looking for a comparison especially with the Audience which many like but costs more.

I see you use a combination of Cardas and Audience SX. Which Triode Wire Labs do you use? I am trying out a Digital American on a source.

I agree, it would be hard to beat an EITR at that price point.  However, I suspect this may be something else ... "USB to digital converter" ... Mmmm ! ... Perhaps I2S, AES, BNC, or all of them ... none of which EITR has. That would be head-on with an SU-1 !

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

1 hour ago, Charente said:

I agree, it would be hard to beat an EITR at that price point.  However, I suspect this may be something else ... "USB to digital converter" ... Mmmm ! ... Perhaps I2S, AES, BNC, or all of them ... none of which EITR has. That would be head-on with an SU-1 !

I tried a Singxer F1 with microRendu in my system but preferred the SQ of the usb input of my amp. Should I give the EITR a try? 

@jaaptina Depends on how good your USB DAC input is ... in my case EITR made a significant difference with a Schiit Gungnir MB ... its Gen 2 USB input is not as good as S/PDIF, in my opinion. I have used both F1 (vBus powered and separate PS) & EITR with the microRendu and the EITR, in my setup, was the better of the two. The difference was not enormous but still worthwhile.

EDIT: Whether the ultraRendu improves over a microRendu when paired with a DDC like the EITR, I'm not sure. Perhaps marginal. 

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2