IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

20 minutes ago, No Disc said:

It does not show up on their product page, so I don't know anything about it. 

Correct, its discontinued. Now they have Signature Rendu SE, with great PSU and ultraRendu together in one case. :)

dCS Network Bridge | Audio Note DAC2 Signature | Audio Note M5 Preamp | Audio Note Empress Silver Monoblocks | Audio Note AN-E/Spe HE Speakers

Just added the Sonore ultraRendu into my 2ch system. Very straightforward and no hitches or issues at all.

- I'm powering with an Uptone UltraCap LPS-1 set at 7v. 

- It replaces a microRendu v1.3 running Sonicorbiter 2.5.

- For now, I've removed the Uptone ISOREGEN.

I'm also evaluating USB cables and currently have a Wireworld 7 Platinum Starlight USB cable direct into my Schiit Yggdrasil. Previously I was using Cardas USB A>B adaptors and an Uptone USPCB Adapter.

Have to say I'm quite impressed, right out of the box.

Back home after a week or so away, with everything powered down. Nothing I now do ... will get the ultrarendu up on sonicorbiter.com.

Suggestions?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

20 hours ago, Cyrus said:

Just added the Sonore ultraRendu into my 2ch system. Very straightforward and no hitches or issues at all.

- I'm powering with an Uptone UltraCap LPS-1 set at 7v. 

- It replaces a microRendu v1.3 running Sonicorbiter 2.5.

- For now, I've removed the Uptone ISOREGEN.

I'm also evaluating USB cables and currently have a Wireworld 7 Platinum Starlight USB cable direct into my Schiit Yggdrasil. Previously I was using Cardas USB A>B adaptors and an Uptone USPCB Adapter.

Have to say I'm quite impressed, right out of the box.

Great...enjoy!

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Are you still having issues with this?

Yes,  but I'll get to it tomorrow & see if it's still a no-go - will then email you ...

Thanks.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

20 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

Yes,  but I'll get to it tomorrow & see if it's still a no-go - will then email you ...

Thanks.

All good!

3 minutes ago, t_ram said:

I noticed that Ciunas Audio was using their ISO-PS to power the ultraRendu in the Audio Kinesis room at RMAF. Anybody try one of these on their ultra?

Yes.  I have the ISO-DAC and a battery powering my uR.  I am very impressed with these products.  It is the blackest background I have ever heard.  It sounds vinyl to me

3 minutes ago, Kilauea50 said:

Yes.  I have the ISO-DAC and a battery powering my uR.  I am very impressed with these products.  It is the blackest background I have ever heard.  It sounds vinyl to me

Very nice!  I know there was at least one other here that had one and much preferred it to an LPS-1 on their ultra.

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

2 minutes ago, Kilauea50 said:

He offers a trial which is why I decided to go for it.  I knew immediately I would not send anything back.  

I sent them a message earlier so I'm definitely interested. What ended up being the total cost with shipping?

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Just now, Kilauea50 said:

The Iso-Dac which comes with a Iso-Ps and another Iso-ps was under $1k if I recall . The best money I have spent to this point

Thats awesome, thanks for sharing!

What file types & resolution available with the Ciunas?

1 hour ago, Kilauea50 said:

No DSD but the conversion to PCM is exceptional to me. I can't tell the difference in my system. PCM max to 192

Can you explain what you mean?  If your dac doesn’t do DSD how can you even define a difference?  Thx

@thyname  I'm using the ultraRendu without the Isoregen in the chain. The other difference is that I am now using a USB cable (actually conducting a shootout comparison), and the Cardas adaptors are also out of the chain.

In my system and to my ears, the ultraRendu with a USB cable outperforms the previous mR v1.3 - Isoregen combination. Keep in mind that the cabling adds another element to this. I will add the Isoregen at a later point and evaluate as a final check.

3 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

@thyname  I'm using the ultraRendu without the Isoregen in the chain. The other difference is that I am now using a USB cable (actually conducting a shootout comparison), and the Cardas adaptors are also out of the chain.

In my system and to my ears, the ultraRendu with a USB cable outperforms the previous mR v1.3 - Isoregen combination. Keep in mind that the cabling adds another element to this. I will add the Isoregen at a later point and evaluate as a final check.

Thanks for chiming in!

I would be very interested in your tests comparing the ultraRendu with and without ISO Regen.

My USB cable is decent - XLO UltraPlus

@thyname  Sure. I'll make a note to post.

What are your thoughts on the XLO Ultra Plus?  

Here's what I am comparing in this first go-around:

Wireworld 7 Platinum Starlight

Purist Audio Design Ultimate

Audience Au24 SE

and

Cardas High Speed Clear

I've wrapped up listening to the first two (over two days with each). Both perform well. There are some differences in sound within my system.

The Audience will go in within the hour.