IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

I've had the ultra for three days now. It's not a lot of time and it may or may not improve though I haven't noticed any changes since plugged in. But I do feel in a much better place to give my input in greater detail The disclaimer is I can only say what it has done to my system, and I know results will vary greatly for anyone else's. I don't have the wine tasting/audiophile musing vocabulary so my impression will be anecdotal.

First, I've missed a bunch of work. I can't help but listen when I wake up and have gone in to the office two hours later than planned. The one time I came home for lunch was a mistake. I told myself I could work from home in front of the stereo. Didn't happen.

My housemate who has never, ever purposely sat in front of the stereo to listen remarked from the attached kitchen that the stereo sounded much better. The next night she actually sat down and tried some of her music. 

While listening to many very familiar tracks I often think there is some unknown sound coming from elsewhere in or outside the house but can't place it. When I stop the music there is no sound. To say I hear detail I haven't before is an understatement.

The change is about as dramatic and switching from the laptop directly feeding the DAC to the 1.3 mRendu was. I'd planned to keep the mRendu for a while to A/B test but there is no point in putting it back in the system.

The only downside is it's clear to me the speakers are by far my weakest link and good speakers aren't cheap.

That was better than "audiophile musing vocabulary".

1 hour ago, genjamon said:

And what about the "placebo effect" of trolling audio posts?!  

If an audiophile posts a comment in the forest, and a troll isn't there to post back, does it make a sound?

Look, like you I'm obsessed with this stuff, so I get the enthusiasm.

However I'm also a EE, and we're not talking about spiritual experiences here.. This is science.

Anyway, please don't take it as a personal attack; I'd just like us to 'keep it real', is all.

1 hour ago, HookEm said:

Look, like you I'm obsessed with this stuff, so I get the enthusiasm.

However I'm also a EE, and we're not talking about spiritual experiences here.. This is science.

Anyway, please don't take it as a personal attack; I'd just like us to 'keep it real', is all.

They are keeping it real.

I am trying to help somebody setup his Sonictransporter i5 and uR.  Both are seen on sonicorbiter.com and the uR is in RoonReady mode but it is not showing up in Roon to enable.  What am I missing?  Mine showed up as soon as I plugged it in the network.  He has a Roon license, etc and the i5 shows as the Core.  Thank you in advance for your help

The Rendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu cable and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.

15 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

The Rendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu cable and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.

Thank you Jesus.  It is not listed under Dac diagnostics so that is the issue.  Thank you for your response/help ;)

• 2 weeks later...

@vortecjr what is the powerconsumtion on the ultraRendu if you dont count in what the DAC might draw from the USB? Is there any voltage better to use in the range 6-9v regarding performance and heat? I asume lower voltage will cause less heat?

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
11 hours ago, octaviars said:

@vortecjr what is the powerconsumtion on the ultraRendu if you dont count in what the DAC might draw from the USB? Is there any voltage better to use in the range 6-9v regarding performance and heat? I asume lower voltage will cause less heat?

It consumes about 1 Amp which is what we have specified on the product page. We like 7 or 7.5 VDC. Less lower voltage will cause less heat.

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if the UltraRendu would be a sonic upgrade from a Mac Mini (MMK)?  I have an HD-Plex, and LPS-1 along with ISO-Regen. 

Should drive a Chord Mojo ?

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, HookEm said:

However I'm also a EE

Oh god, here we go.....

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

11 hours ago, No Disc said:

Wondering if the UltraRendu would be a sonic upgrade from a Mac Mini (MMK)?  I have an HD-Plex, and LPS-1 along with ISO-Regen. 

Ultra is much better! If possible get a power supply for it that is even better than the LPS-1. Then you can sell the ISO and LPS-1...

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

Update Notice

An update is available from Apps / Software Manager for Sonicorbiter 2.5 based units. 

1. This update adds additional DACs that support native DSD. For a complete list of devices that support native DSD refer here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26758-sonicorbiter-native-dsd-support/

2. There is also an update for RoonReady included with the above.

On 9/28/2017 at 6:43 PM, m3lraaHnevetS said:

Ultra is much better! If possible get a power supply for it that is even better than the LPS-1. Then you can sell the ISO and LPS-1...

What does even better than the LPS-1 mean?  Why would I sell the ISO ?

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

34 minutes ago, No Disc said:

What does even better than the LPS-1 mean?  Why would I sell the ISO ?

Sonore Signature PSU for instance. Because, ultraRendu's power pollution is really low and with great PSU, it will be on the same level or better, than ISO + LPS-1.

dCS Network Bridge | Audio Note DAC2 Signature | Audio Note M5 Preamp | Audio Note Empress Silver Monoblocks | Audio Note AN-E/Spe HE Speakers

57 minutes ago, Cooler said:

Sonore Signature PSU for instance. Because, ultraRendu's power pollution is really low and with great PSU, it will be on the same level or better, than ISO + LPS-1.

It does not show up on their product page, so I don't know anything about it.