IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

I would also be very interested in that comparison. I did compare the sOTM sPS-500 to Green Computer 7V PS on the UlltaRendu.  The SGC 7v did so sound more open with greater texture and image density. So it’s a solid performer and a good value. 

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Synergistic Research Switch>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos Pulsar> Sablon EVO USB cable>Innuos Phoenix>Sablon EVO USB cable>T+A DAC 2000 >Enleum AMP-23r>Audience SX speaker cables>Raidho X1t or HiFiMan HE-1000se headphones. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner.

After trying several one box solutions, I am considering returning back to a UltraRendu especially with the 2.8 software upgrade lending more stability.

I have couple hurdles to get past to take me back towards the Sonore. 

I do half of my listening to Radio Paradise, an Internet based radio site that I am addicted to, it's my go to spot for new music. I’m not sure if this is accessible via the UltraRendu. You can stream Radio Paradise from some devices at full FLAC Quality and other devices it’s its as low as 320. It’s a pretty popular site so I was wondering if any one has been able to access this with some application on the UR?

I plan to power it with an Uptone audio Ultracap ps. I’ve heard the DC cable can really improve the sound quality. Could someone please recommend a DC cable to connect them.

any help would be appreciated.

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Synergistic Research Switch>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos Pulsar> Sablon EVO USB cable>Innuos Phoenix>Sablon EVO USB cable>T+A DAC 2000 >Enleum AMP-23r>Audience SX speaker cables>Raidho X1t or HiFiMan HE-1000se headphones. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner.

7 hours ago, Matias said:

I used here ultraRendu + LPS-1.2 + Ghent DC with Gotham cable as short as possible 0.3m. Now I use the LPS-1.2 with the ISO Regen downstream, and power the ultraRendu with Sonore's own LPS.

http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/dc-gac4.html

Looking at how your currently configured, the ISO Regen must have benefitted more from the LPS-1.2 than the UltraRendu.  Did you upgrade the DC cable on the SGC power supply? It looks like the SGC power supply has a different ID (2.5mm) barrel connection than the UltraRendu’s more standard 2.1mm. Why would SGC incorporate a different less standard size barrel connectors on their ps when it would apparently require a different barrel connectors at each end of their DC cable to power a Rendu?

37 minutes ago, left channel said:

The Radio Paradise FLAC streaming plug-in for LMS is excellent. The latest version adds the ability to login to your RP account to rate tracks and access favorites.

Guess I can’t hide ignorance of several concepts here apparently available via Sonicorbiter. What is LMS?  How do I install the Radio Paradise FLAC streaming plug-in on the UltraRendu? really like the idea of have control of my Radio Paradise account. 

12 hours ago, left channel said:

Does my previous post immediately above answer your install questions? LMS is Logitech Media Server, formerly (and sometimes still) known as Squeezebox Server. LMS is a thriving ecosystem, originally based on now-discontinued hardware that Logitech still supports, available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Sonicorbiter, Rasberry PI, and more), supported by a staff developer as well as volunteers who have produced many plugins as well as players like Squeezelite-X for Windows shared above. The support forum is here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/

This was a lot of help. LMS should work out well. When I had my previous UtraRendu I never explored internet radio options. Internet radio might not sound as good as files off my server, but Radio Paradise is still very listenable.