IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

1 hour ago, Al Jones said:

Yes, you definitely sound cynical.

As a retiree living on a fixed income, I am no longer able to chase the latest new thing without giving it a lot of thought, but that does not stop me from appreciating that technology moves on, with or without me.

You are not "being prompted to shell out cash again." You are being offered a (presumably) superior product, if you so choose and have the cash.

Basically, what I am hearing sounds like sour grapes. "2 yr product cycles" is an outmoded business model that is irrelevant to small, effective operations such as Uptone or Sonore, that don't have to offload tons of stock in order to recoup heavy marketing investments, before they can offer the fruits of new developments.

As the satisfied owner of two Uptone LPS-1 and two microrendu, I will gladly invest in an ultrarendu at around $1,000 simply because music and sound quality are high priorities in my life. If the price is prohibitive, I can live happily with my current gear without begrudging those who can afford it the pleasure of the ultrarendu.

My thoughts exactly...

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

2 hours ago, Matias said:

I used here ultraRendu + LPS-1.2 + Ghent DC with Gotham cable as short as possible 0.3m. Now I use the LPS-1.2 with the ISO Regen downstream, and power the ultraRendu with Sonore's own LPS.

http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/dc-gac4.html

+1 on that cable, though in my case it's between LPS-1 and microRendu. I have several DC cables, a few I made myself with Canare wire and Oyaide plugs, and the others I bought from Ghent.

I think in my system there is no mistaking the Ghent version with Gotham GAC-4/1, JSSG360, and the Oyaide DC plugs is best sounding, and shorter is better though maybe not quite as ultra critical as some would make it out to be, but a long run is ill-advised. My 2-cents.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

The Radio Paradise .flac stream is available with Volumio, just a quick install of that plugin is necessary, then it can be streamed to any of the available renderer types including UPnP, which is the way I do it.

It is also available on JRiver Media Center, version 24 and up, however I can't seem to start/control it from anything but the server itself.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

9 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Volume is a paid subscription? JRiver would work then on the Rendu with Radio Paradise .flac stream.

I do not have the paid version of Volumio, but I was perfectly able to install the RP plugin and listen to the .flac stream. Perhaps they changed something recently and now only include that on their paid tier?

I do however need to amend my statement on JRiver, the stream to a UPnP renderer is being transcoded to AAC320. I have no idea why as this was originally not the case, however I just checked and though I can start the stream from the server and direct it to a renderer, it is AAC320.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook