IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

2 hours ago, gordec said:

Just bought the Ultra. Is the best possible sound quality using Roon -> HQPlayer -> then using HQ Player embedded option on the Rendu side?

The uRendu can act as a NAA device for HQP if you set that as the active player; however, HQP embedded must run on an intermediate device like a sonicTransporter. I think you are confusing terms. The path you have shown above would indicate HQP as being HQP desktop as the intermediate device between Roon and the uRendu. Here is one possible path: Roon (on some compatible hardware) -----> HQP (either desktop or embedded) on compatible hardware --------> uRendu acting as the HQP NAA device ------> DAC. Please note that the sonicTransporter for example can run both Roon and HQP embedded on the same machine and a powerful enough desktop could run Roon and HQP desktop on the same machine. In all cases the uRendu acts as the final endpoint. The uRendu cannot run HQP at all.

And, yes this is the way to get the best sound quality if you are proficient at configuring HQP for your prticular DAC.

26 minutes ago, gordec said:

Thanks. I still prefer Jriver as my player, but I like HQP's sound quality and have not used it much since I bought it. Unfortunately Roon is the only thing that natively supports HQP. I might try Jriver DLNA -> URendu first and go from there. 

Set the uRendu for DLNA/MPD as the player and see if that works. DLNA/UPNP is always a crap shoot.

3 hours ago, gordec said:

Just bought the Ultra.  I tried to connect it as HQP NAA and RoonReady. It was working fine for about 20 minute. Then it stopped working. 

The Ultra is connected via a TP Link switch. I see the Ultra on Sonicorbiter.com, and it's clearly connected to my network, but all possible modes Roon, HQP NAA, DLNA cannot be seen by the controlling player. 

I know this sounds quaint but try re-booting everything in the chain and I do mean everything including routers and switches. Then try one mode at a time starting with Roon Ready (RAAT). Remember that only the mode that is active at the time will show up to be controlled. The rest will not show while that mode is active. If you switch from mode to mode you may need to re-boot the uRendu. If using DLNA/MPD there are settings that need to be configured and a UPNP server must be active (BubbleUPNP is one) on your network. Please search this forum and you will get many posts for each possible scenario. Hope this helps. You can also ask Jesus R (Sonore) for help.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Matias said:

Is there any way I can stream Deezer from my Android phone to my ultraRendu directly, without any server in between?

The only way that I was ever able to stream Deezer to any of my various Rendus was by using LMS as the server. I still think that is the only way. There is talk of a future integration with Roon but nothing definite yet.

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I haven’t tried it but it seems like a good option. 

It has been quite some time since I used that approach but one thing it required then was using the ickStream plug-in/server to get 44.1/16 material. That server project was no longer actively supported at the end although it was left operating. There may be a more direct method now but since I now use Roon/Tidal/Qobuz, I really don't know for sure.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, André Gosselin said:

Could you or any other user (by chance!) try to stream through a 2.8 urendu a very high rate DSD file (DSD256 or DSD512) to a USB dac accepting native DSD (not DOP) like the iFi Pro iDSD ?

In my case, 2.7 plays fine in this setup. However, 2.8 streams erratically with an unbearable stuttering.

Regards to all who may hep here

Hi, Just tested DSD 256 (via Roon/HQP) to my Holo Spring 2 DAC using the uRendu/2.8 and no problems. Played an entire album with no skips or stutters.

1 hour ago, Vangelis said:

Looking at how your currently configured, the ISO Regen must have benefitted more from the LPS-1.2 than the UltraRendu.  Did you upgrade the DC cable on the SGC power supply? It looks like the SGC power supply has a different ID (2.5mm) barrel connection than the UltraRendu’s more standard 2.1mm. Why would SGC incorporate a different less standard size barrel connectors on their ps when it would apparently require a different barrel connectors at each end of their DC cable to power a Rendu?

It has been common in the past for the PS output to be 5.5x2.5 and device input to be 5.5x2.1.

55 minutes ago, Vangelis said:

Guess I can’t hide ignorance of several concepts here apparently available via Sonicorbiter. What is LMS?  How do I install the Radio Paradise FLAC streaming plug-in on the UltraRendu? really like the idea of have control of my Radio Paradise account. 

LMS is Logitech Media Server. The current version is 7.9 last time I checked. It is on Sonic Orbiter and is available for other platforms.

• 3 weeks later...