IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, funtez said:

Sooo, adding this to my cart over and over is fun and all, but any idea when we can expect to be able to place an order?

I'm going to send emails to the people on the waiting list first. Then I'll open up sales on the website. We have more units than people on the waiting list so others will be able to purchase a unit. The emails should go out this week.   

5 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

The emails should go out this week.

Are you talking about the ultraRendu rather than the microRendu clock upgrade?

John Swenson posted an earlier note describing some of the design changes in the ultraRendu vs microRendu.  I'm still trying to figure out whether I want to do the microRendu clock upgrade or get an ultraRendu.  Can John provide any more details to differentiate these options so I can make a well informed decision?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 minute ago, rickca said:

Are you talking about the ultraRendu rather than the microRendu clock upgrade?

John Swenson posted an earlier note describing some of the design changes in the ultraRendu vs microRendu.  I'm still trying to figure out whether I want to do the microRendu clock upgrade or get an ultraRendu.  Can John provide any more details to differentiate these options so I can make a well informed decision?

I'm only talking about the ultraRendu here. There is plenty of information available to make an informed decision. There will also be plenty of customer feedback. FYI the list of hardware updates is almost as long as the list for the new unit.  

13 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

FYI the list of hardware updates is almost as long as the list for the new unit.  

I'm not sure what list you're referring to.  Do you mean your email list for the microRendu clock upgrade is almost as long as the email list for the ultraRendu?

Happy 4th, Jesus!

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Will the UR have the latest Linux patch to recognize the SU-1 and thus allow native DSD playback (versus DoP)?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

5 hours ago, tboooe said:

Will the UR have the latest Linux patch to recognize the SU-1 and thus allow native DSD playback (versus DoP)?

We usually update the Kernel when there are a few new DACs that support native DSD. If it's not already included it will be soon.it's not already included it will be soon.

I would really like to see an actual picture of the ultraRendu + LPS-1 faceplate before ordering. That drawing shows the front, ok, but how is the back? The inside?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

1 hour ago, Matias said:

I would really like to see an actual picture of the ultraRendu + LPS-1 faceplate before ordering. That drawing shows the front, ok, but how is the back? The inside?

There is no change to the units aside from a common front faceplate.

On 6/16/2017 at 7:08 PM, vortecjr said:

FYI the production samples are in and working great so things are moving in the right direction. 

I got the e-mail, but I would like to wait for the first reviews before biting, especially a review comparing the ultrarendu to the microrendu, which i already have.

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

Just do it or get the microRendu 1.4 hardware update. IMHO you won't regret it:)

Okay, I'll bite.  Could you kindly point me to where I can get the hardware update?  I could get that update first, and then regroup for the ultrarendu.