IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

If I play full volume, my ears will bleed and something will blow up - hopefully the fuses. The other day I pressed "play" with the volume just a bit too loud and what impressed me the most was how the sofa started jumping about...

Anyhow, my old laptop decided to die this week. It was a temporary solution however - now I have no player. NO PRESSURE, I'm enjoying the silence in the living room. 

The only thing I dislike about the mRendu is that its such a featherweight, I've had to tape it down to keep cables from pulling it off the equipment rack. Perhaps the new ultra Rendu could consider a "comes with" solution to anchor the component. Heck, iFI at least included rubber bands ;<)

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

7 hours ago, unbalanced output said:

If I play full volume, my ears will bleed and something will blow up - hopefully the fuses. The other day I pressed "play" with the volume just a bit too loud and what impressed me the most was how the sofa started jumping about...

Anyhow, my old laptop decided to die this week. It was a temporary solution however - now I have no player. NO PRESSURE, I'm enjoying the silence in the living room. 

It's loud, but not as loud as you might think. It's only 26 DB gain if I remember the amp specification.

4 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Jesus

So there is no doubt; in your system this UltraRendu sounds much better than the MicroRendu ?

What power supply and USB cable are you using ?

There is plenty of doubt. I see people doing all this crazy stuff before their units and after their units. Really...I most have the worst sounding system of all.   

I follow the advice I give to everyone. I have the best power supply I can afford in my system. The cable is a blue USB cable that came with my iFi DAC.

The current configuration is rather simple really: 

DLNA output mode on the ultraRendu controlled from Kazoo on my Mac 

Power supply->ultraRendu->DAC-> AMP->Speakers

Synology->router->ultraRendu    

4 hours ago, davide256 said:

The only thing I dislike about the mRendu is that its such a featherweight, I've had to tape it down to keep cables from pulling it off the equipment rack. Perhaps the new ultra Rendu could consider a "comes with" solution to anchor the component. Heck, iFI at least included rubber bands ;<)

I what I dislike is heavyweight cables that move things around. A little 3M tape can go a long way. The funny thing is that I actually find the microRendu heavy for it's size. 

7 hours ago, vortecjr said:

It's loud, but not as loud as you might think. It's only 26 DB gain if I remember the amp specification.

I don't recall the exact gain of my Naim, but it is pretty high. It is capable of pumping quite a remarkable current when the specs are only 100w or so.

I know many end up using attenuated cables to have better volume control sensitivity, I'm still wondering about how to protect the system without additional circuitry, although this is OT.

2 hours ago, zegel said:

Will the Utrarendu be available for us loyal Europeans from Vortexbox UK from the start of the shipping moment? Or, when will it be made available ( to avoid the import tax as I had to pay with the micorendu and ultracaps sourced from the USA)

+1

Jesus,

My existing linear power supply is 9V 2A.

Alternatively, I have a 9V iFi iPower (I do not know which build). I remember reading somewhere that not all 9V iPower's work with the microRendu.

Will either or both work with the UltraRendu?

Thanks

3 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

Jesus,

My existing linear power supply is 9V 2A.

Alternatively, I have a 9V iFi iPower (I do not know which build). I remember reading somewhere that not all 9V iPower's work with the microRendu.

Will either or both work with the UltraRendu?

Thanks

Both will work.

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Both will work.

My apologies.

I have a 9V 1.5A iPower.

I trawled through the threads again and it was the Uptone LPS 1 which may or may not work with the iPower although iFi claims all their iPower's are the same and they subsequently re-rated the 1.5A at 2A.

So I am guessing I can use this 9V 1.5A iPower with the ultraRendu but NOT if I purchase an LPS 1 at the same time.

1 hour ago, mikey8811 said:

My apologies.

I have a 9V 1.5A iPower.

I trawled through the threads again and it was the Uptone LPS 1 which may or may not work with the iPower although iFi claims all their iPower's are the same and they subsequently re-rated the 1.5A at 2A.

So I am guessing I can use this 9V 1.5A iPower with the ultraRendu but NOT if I purchase an LPS 1 at the same time.

It is correct that you can not use a 9V/1.5A unit as the "energizing"/charging supply for an UpTone UltraCap LPS-1.  At 9 volts, the energizing supply needs to be capable of a full 2 amps.  I happen to have one of the early iPower 9V units--when they were labeled 1.5A and on the test bench confirmed that it can not produce 2 amps (whereas the 2A labeled units can).

What is price on the custom front faceplate ?

Can you reveal any of technical info of the used components ?

• High quality ultra low noise regulator for USB and CPU
  • Fixed frequency ultra low jitter oscillators
  • Multicore processor with DDR3 RAM
14 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I don't think any of these answers are going to be available till shortly before product release, at the earliest. I doubt too many details of the parts will be publicized either.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

31 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

No comment.