IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

On 2/7/2023 at 12:50 PM, juniorbudel said:

Hello everyone, is there a way to find out which version of UltraRendu by the device itself?

Has anyone done a direct comparison between the versions?

You need to open them up and look on the main board.  The current version is IMHO the best one, but they are all great;)  

On 2/7/2023 at 11:22 AM, warrior_on_mars said:

A 64-core Threadripper 2 with a 4090 RTX off Samsung 980 Pro :-)

EDIT: tried from Windows 11 and also from an M1X Max MacBook Pro.

Tried quite a few tbh, ext2 for both basic and hires, for example.

The 64 cores do very little for HQPlayer, faster and fewer are better. The 4090 can only help so much as it does only some of the work, the rest is done on the CPU.

No electron left behind.

On 2/7/2023 at 11:39 AM, warrior_on_mars said:

Hi all,

Purchased a used ultraRendu and so far, failing completely to run DSD512 in Native. DoP 256 works so that indicates to me that it is all wired up correctly from the latest HQPlayer on Windows via ultraRendu to my upgraded to native DSD512 (or even perhaps DSD1024) Ayre QX-5.

When I set SDM pack on the DSD output to "none", and play something from Roon or from Library, it briefly shows the target rate and then gives up saying processing took 11 seconds, something like that.

Anyone has any suggestions where should look?

Thanks,

Alex

Can you email me the complete output of Apps / DAC Diagnostics to [email protected]

Hi,

The issue has now been fully resolved with the new version that Jussy of HQPlayer fame has made to address it (hard-coding the DAC as Native DSD512 capable). I am no longer using the SonicOrbiter software so it would be a bit awkward to go back to it.

Having said that, perhaps these details will help for bringing the Sonore OS up to the same level as the new HQPlayer NAA OS?

USB\VID_21B4&PID_0232&MI_02
USB\VID_21B4&PID_0232&REV_0200&MI_02

cat /proc/asound/card2/stream0

Ayre Acoustics, Inc. Ayre QX-5 Twenty at usb-0000:4a:00.3-4.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
    Interface = 1
    Altset = 1
    Packet Size = 72
    Momentary freq = 44091 Hz (0x5.82e8)
    Feedback Format = 16.16
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000, 705600, 768000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
    Bits: 32
  Interface 1
    Altset 2
    Format: SPECIAL
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000, 705600, 768000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
    Bits: 32
1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

The 64 cores do very little for HQPlayer, faster and fewer are better. The 4090 can only help so much as it does only some of the work, the rest is done on the CPU.

Hi,

Understood, but each core is pretty good as well. I cannot see anything blocked by the PC itself. The issue had to do with the upgraded DAC itself having not been recgnised as DSD512 Native capable. Now, with the newly updated NAA rendu image that Jussy has built, all is good, DSD512 Native is pretty amazing.

1 hour ago, warrior_on_mars said:

Hi,

The issue has now been fully resolved with the new version that Jussy of HQPlayer fame has made to address it (hard-coding the DAC as Native DSD512 capable). I am no longer using the SonicOrbiter software so it would be a bit awkward to go back to it.

Having said that, perhaps these details will help for bringing the Sonore OS up to the same level as the new HQPlayer NAA OS?

Yes, this is the information we need. 

2 hours ago, robi20064 said:

@vortecjr

Is there a way to tell v1.2 and v1.3 apart without turning the unit on or alternatively in the SO webui?

You have to open them up to see the version number because there is no indicator passed to the OS. 

On 2/11/2023 at 3:20 PM, vortecjr said:

Você precisa abri-los e olhar na placa principal. A versão atual é IMHO a melhor, mas todas são ótimas;)  

I opened mine and found out that it's the first version, is the difference in quality for the last version proportional to the price difference between them on the market?

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

You have to open them up to see the version number because there is no indicator passed to the OS. 

Thanks Jesus. So there is also no sticker or any other mark outside of the box either? I think I've seen some pictures with a sticker on the bottom plus a QR code. Is that official?

11 hours ago, juniorbudel said:

I opened mine and found out that it's the first version, is the difference in quality for the last version proportional to the price difference between them on the market?

The newer designs take advantage of new lower noise parts or some differnt design approach, but the quality of the earlier designs is not a concern overall.   

6 hours ago, robi20064 said:

Thanks Jesus. So there is also no sticker or any other mark outside of the box either? I think I've seen some pictures with a sticker on the bottom plus a QR code. Is that official?

The current run is shipping with an approved sticker, but these may only ship on Sonore and/or SGC orders because they ship from the same warehouse.   

• 4 months later...
On 2/18/2023 at 1:14 PM, Kenjamin0523 said:

Hi, any comparation in sound between ultrarendu and other newer streamer like ifi zen stream, sotm? I tried to find out on gg and youtube, but there is nothing.

thanks

Sorry rather late to answer on this one!

I had a mini bakeoff between IFI Zen Streamer, RPi/Volumio + Allo Kali Reclocker (native I2S into my DAC) & Sonore Ultrarendu into Gustard U18 USB digital interface (Galvanic isolation).

I spent a lot of time listening to various Streaming platforms and formats.

The IFI Zen is pretty good. Certainly bettered the RPi/Volumio/Kali, I had been using.

Ultrarendu+Gustard U18 was however the clear winner.

Brought a clarity and pureness to the stream, I'd not heard before. Much lower detracting digital noise than before.

In fact this combo easily gives my Technics SP-10 etc or CD transport a run for their money and beyond..

• 2 weeks later...

Atualmente é o transporte que uso em meu sistema, com a pretensão de upgrade para o modelo opticalrendu! ; veio em substituição ao SMS 200 e não tenho a pretensão de trocá-lo exceto como disse, pelo modelo opticalrendu! Vida longa a marca! 

Translated by Google Translate

"It is currently the transport I use in my system, with the intention of upgrading to the opticalrendu model! ; it came to replace the SMS 200 and I don't intend to change it except as I said, for the opticalrendu model! Long live the brand!"

• vortecjr changed the title to Sonore ultraRendu v1.3
  • 3 months later...