IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

12 hours ago, left channel said:

Does my previous post immediately above answer your install questions? LMS is Logitech Media Server, formerly (and sometimes still) known as Squeezebox Server. LMS is a thriving ecosystem, originally based on now-discontinued hardware that Logitech still supports, available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Sonicorbiter, Rasberry PI, and more), supported by a staff developer as well as volunteers who have produced many plugins as well as players like Squeezelite-X for Windows shared above. The support forum is here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/

This was a lot of help. LMS should work out well. When I had my previous UtraRendu I never explored internet radio options. Internet radio might not sound as good as files off my server, but Radio Paradise is still very listenable. 

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

17 hours ago, left channel said:

Does my previous post immediately above answer your install questions? LMS is Logitech Media Server, formerly (and sometimes still) known as Squeezebox Server. LMS is a thriving ecosystem, originally based on now-discontinued hardware that Logitech still supports, available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Sonicorbiter, Rasberry PI, and more), supported by a staff developer as well as volunteers who have produced many plugins as well as players like Squeezelite-X for Windows shared above. The support forum is here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/

Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 4:57 AM, jos said:

Question: can I combine the ultraRendu with the new iFi iPower X 9v? It seems to be better than the old one. Any experience out there already?

Looks interesting, but I have not tried it. I wish they had a 7VDC version so the units would not run so hot though. 

9 hours ago, aidenyoung said:

Hi, has anyone using KECES P8 to power the UltraRendu?  I would like to hear some feedbacks on it if you can share.  I am currently choosing in between P8 and VDC 7MKII from Ciaudio.  Many thanks.

I would suggest you consider Sonore's own linear power supply, as it was designed specifically for the rendus.

http://www.sonore.us/power.html

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

I purchased my UltraRendu in combination with an sBooster 9-10v as a package from SGC, therefore i am little concerned to find that running at 9volts is specifically 'not recommended' on the Sonore website.... Has the advice changed or should SGC not have been selling  the sBooster for the UltraRendu?

On 5/9/2020 at 10:57 AM, jos said:

Question: can I combine the ultraRendu with the new iFi iPower X 9v? It seems to be better than the old one. Any experience out there already?

I use a 12VDC iFi iPower X to power my fiber to ethernet converter coming into my apartment. I was actually very surprised of the SQ upgrade it gave compared to the stock SMPS. I'm very happy with my purchase! :)

🎛️  Audio System  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm planning to buy ultraRendu but I'm not sure what is the best way to connect them in term of SQ.

Current setup my Denafrips Terminator is directly connect to multi-purpose desktop pc via USB.

My PC is connected to internet by ethernet cable to modem, my router also directly connect to modem, everything in the same room.

Should I connect uR to router as suggested in the manaul?

Or should I directly connect uR to my PC?

Should I buy another router/extender to isolated it from pc/modem via wifi?

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Acholate said:

Hi, I'm planning to buy ultraRendu but I'm not sure what is the best way to connect them in term of SQ.

Current setup my Denafrips Terminator is directly connect to multi-purpose desktop pc via USB.

My PC is connected to internet by ethernet cable to modem, my router also directly connect to modem, everything in the same room.

Should I connect uR to router as suggested in the manaul?

Or should I directly connect uR to my PC?

Should I buy another router/extender to isolated it from pc/modem via wifi?

Thanks.

To get started, connect the uR directly to the router as advised.  Chances are you will like the results so much that you will not be  tempted to experiment with other options.  Make sure to use as good a power supply with the uR as possible, this makes a big difference.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Hi! I have a new kind of problem with Sonore Ultrarendu: it have solid orange LED and isn’t detect in Roon anymore. But SonicOrbiter shows urendu’s IP address which is non-applicable through internet browser. Power supply is Uptone LPS-1.2 on 7V (has been worked for the last 3 months).

I’ve already done next recommended steps: 
- reloaded of all equipment in a link;

- dismounted all the cables plugged into urendu, then reloaded LPS and starts to plug in urendu’s power cable, then usb and rj-45 into urendu;

- moves out sd card then turned it back (while urendu was switched off of course).

The status LED is still orange... 

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this problem?

7 hours ago, VladST said:

Hi! I have a new kind of problem with Sonore Ultrarendu: it have solid orange LED and isn’t detect in Roon anymore. But SonicOrbiter shows urendu’s IP address which is non-applicable through internet browser. Power supply is Uptone LPS-1.2 on 7V (has been worked for the last 3 months).

Try powering your ultraRendu directly with the UpTone-branded 36W/7.5V AC>DC charger.  If that solves the problem then there may be an issue with your UltraCap LPS-1.2 unit and you should contact us directly for replacement.

--Alex @ UpTone.

16 hours ago, VladST said:

I’ve already done next recommended steps: 
- reloaded of all equipment in a link;

- dismounted all the cables plugged into urendu, then reloaded LPS and starts to plug in urendu’s power cable, then usb and rj-45 into urendu;

- moves out sd card then turned it back (while urendu was switched off of course).

The status LED is still orange... 

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks for advice, but it’s almost ok with my LPS. The problem was with Urendu...

Probably, it’s all about SD card...

5 hours ago, VladST said:

Thanks for advice, but it’s almost ok with my LPS. The problem was with Urendu...

Probably, it’s all about SD card...

This is a network issue. Orange status LED means the unit is powered and the software has booting. However, in order to get the Green status LED the software needs to see the internet. Check all network connections and/or power cycle the network gear then power up the Rendu.   

• 4 weeks later...

I have Ultrarendu connected to M2Tech Evo 2 with normal, good quality Ifi USB cable. I just updated M2Tech with linear ps from Teddy Pardo and I was wondering is there any setting in UR to take out the 5V power from cable or is there any benefit to get new cable with data only connection?  

1 hour ago, Teme said:

I have Ultrarendu connected to M2Tech Evo 2 with normal, good quality Ifi USB cable. I just updated M2Tech with linear ps from Teddy Pardo and I was wondering is there any setting in UR to take out the 5V power from cable or is there any benefit to get new cable with data only connection?  

There is no power setting in the UR. 

The 5 Vbus from UR is quite good.

You can test this product https://uptoneaudio.com/products/uspcb-a-b-adapter

I’m quite sure the Evo needs the 5V, supplied by the Vbus. The USPCB can block the 5V. 

You would need a specilal USB cable, if you like to bypass Vbus supplied by the UR to that DCC.  You can try Ghent Audio.

Of cause that would require a very good 5V supply in addition. I don’t recommend going this route. 

I hope this was helpful. 

BTW:
You can probably change the clock in the Evo. I have the schematic I think. 

• vortecjr changed the title to Sonore ultraRendu v1.3
  • vortecjr changed the title to Introducing the new Sonore ultraRendu v1.3
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

Purchased a used ultraRendu and so far, failing completely to run DSD512 in Native. DoP 256 works so that indicates to me that it is all wired up correctly from the latest HQPlayer on Windows via ultraRendu to my upgraded to native DSD512 (or even perhaps DSD1024) Ayre QX-5.

When I set SDM pack on the DSD output to "none", and play something from Roon or from Library, it briefly shows the target rate and then gives up saying processing took 11 seconds, something like that.

Anyone has any suggestions where should look?

Thanks,

Alex