IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

1 hour ago, Matias said:

I would really like to see an actual picture of the ultraRendu + LPS-1 faceplate before ordering. That drawing shows the front, ok, but how is the back? The inside?

There is no change to the units aside from a common front faceplate.

1 hour ago, yellowblue said:

I decided to order the V1.4 update (at Vortexbox) instead for the ultraRendu - mainly for two reasons:

- I can use the upgraded microRendu with an USPCB adapter which is better than most USB-cables (maybe better than all) and costs very little.

- I don´t have to sell my MicroRendu at the same time others will do to get funds for their new ultraRendu.

Cool...having options was the intent.

58 minutes ago, tboooe said:

+1. Asked this same question a few posts back.  Note the issue prevents playing native DSD through the SU-1.  DoP works.  There is a patch to the kernal available for a while now but I have not been able to get confirmation that it has been adopted by the mr.

Sonicorbiter 2.5 has the updated code to support native DSD on the SU-1.  

I don't condone modifying your home network gear. I rarely even promote things before or after the unit. From my point of view our gear is meant to connect to a router, a power supply, and a DAC. I'm not against people exploring things, but we need to keep focus and our focus is on a simple and elegant solution. Anyway, we have a new oscillator on the main board that is very good and it's in the drivers seat. Beyond that I'm not prepared to discuss the design at this time.

On 7/5/2017 at 4:40 PM, matthias said:

How much ampere can the ultraRendu output via its USB 5V when powered by a LPS-1?

I would like to connect an USB powered DAC which needs 0,6 Ampere, thát means 3VA. Possible?

Thanks

Matt

I have only tested the combination with a USB 2.0 compliant devices which is 0.5 Amps. I'm okay if you try it though. 

On 7/5/2017 at 4:50 PM, Sloop John B said:

I've pressed the button on an ultraRendu purchase  and have 2 questions:

1. can it act as a UPNP bridge?
  2. when are they likely to ship

thanks

.sjb

Yes and soon, but it depends on your order number to a small extent.

4 hours ago, Superdad said:

No.

The original microRendu has the same USB2.0 hub chip as the original USB REGEN, but utilized ultra-ultra-low noise LT3042 regulators (not available at the time of introduction of the USB REGEN).  That was the "improved Regen" incorporation of the microRendu.

The ISO REGEN is a combination of an expensive high-speed USB galvanic isolator chip (Silanna ICE08USB) at input, 5(!) LT3042 regulators and enhanced power network elements, and a USB 3.1 hub chip chosen for particularly good signal integrity.

The galvanic isolator chip would have no place in the already galvanically isolated micro/ultraRendu, as such would have to be placed at the output (and like all isolators, the thing adds jitter that must be rechecked out)--there would be no point.  

Hope that helps.

Does that make it an improvement on the improvement. Anyway, we are not going to include something just for bragging rights. We really believe in keeping things simple. 

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

To me that's not that obvious ?

The 1.4 HW upgrade will give you the same clock. 

What's left, may be better regulators (totally different design I think), but I'm not sure I will be capable to hear that in my system. 

I think the 1.4 upgrade is a very interesting deal, if it turns out as expected. 

They turned out just fine. We had 10 prototype made and the beta testers loved them. 

4 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

So the original microRendu will benefit from an ISO Regen but the ultraRendu will not? Is this correct?

Nonetheless there will be folk who will use an ISO Regen with the ultraRendu and claim improvements...

Just as there will be folk who will compare an ISO Regen with the microRendu vs the ultraRendu on its own

No. We have not said this at all. Both the microRendu and ultraRendu are galvanically isolated.

3 minutes ago, rlow said:

The microRendu has a "regen" built in - so does the ultraRendu. The "Iso" part (galvanic isolation) is also already inherently part of both designs as well with the use of the Ethernet input...I wasn't thinking about that correctly when I asked my question.

Just a final note or clarification. We don't call the circuit a USB Regen or ISO Regen our of respect for Uptone Audio and because the component list might be different. We simply say they include a regenerative USB circuit.    

On 7/12/2017 at 4:47 PM, Confused said:

My apologies if this has been posted before and I have missed it, but can anyone advise what the required current draw of the ultraRendu is versus the microRendu?  I know that the LPS-1 is somewhere near the limit in my microRendu / Mutec MC3+USB set up, due in part to the current requirements of the Mutec's USB, so I was wondering if the ultraRendu might need more power, pushing he combo over the LPS-1's limit?  

We did not change the power specification. However, I have asked John for additional information.

If you guys don't mind...I would like to make the review official with a quote:)

John Darko said, "Classier! Sonore's ultraRendu takes digital audio higher still"

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/07/classier-sonores-ultrarendu-takes-digital-audio-higher-still

4 minutes ago, sahmen said:

Personally, I don't mind at all, except for two caveats:  the name is "Darko," and his review is almost giving my microrendu an inferiority complex (even with its up and coming 1.4 bells and whistles), and my wallet is already looking for somewhere to hide:)!  Okay, make that 3 caveats:)!

That was fixed right away...you probably replied to the email. I don't look at it that way. The microRendu is a work horse and according to its owners it was an improvement over whatever they were doing last. That is a win in my book. If you follow professional cycling it's like winning a stage and not winning the race. A win is a win and both are an accomplishment.