IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

5 hours ago, greenleo said:

Hi,

I do agree pure speculation helps no one and I would like you to realize that lack of info equally helps on one as well.  A user holding up his/her resources (say money, time of enjoyment, ...) waiting for an unspecified, undated item given so many great alternatives suddenly came out.

For example, should I buy IsoRegen?  What if the ultraRendu is just an mR + IsoRegen?  I bought the Regen and then mR with no regret because the time lag is long enough.  However, if I buy an IsoRegen now and two months later buying the ultraRendu and then finding their functions overlap, I guess I will not be that happy.  The short brick that bundles with IsoRegen that claims to the best USB cable virtually cannot work with the proposed ultraRendu chassis,...  All of these put anxieties because these are not speculated future issues but something very current.  I'm here because I'm your customer and interested in your products.  Please don't take my voice as a troublemaker.

If we may have an estimated launching date, maybe it helps--I don't know.  Certainly the best is the real product or an prototype that may come out for reveal ASAP--like what the mR did.

Best.

There is plenty of information here and to say that there isn't is not accurate. We are in production so it will be available soon....no ETA. Those on the mailing list will get an invitation to be among the first to purchase the unit. 

38 minutes ago, k-man said:

Yes you did you're quite naughty. Some of us are blindtesting/ABX testing the beta units 'P' 'Q' 'R'. The game is up now, and I haven't even PM Alex my findings yet. The intended release was supposedly Q1 2108, but now Uptone is going to get tons of email asking the component differences, and may push its release earlier to Q4 2017.

why am I posting this on the sonore page, if at all? :$

I'm sure his schedule has nothing to with our. 

Last night I fired up Michael Bublé on my system using an ultraRendu into my custom built Buffalo DAC. When I play music here I play it at 100% volume and that usually freaks everyone out. To put things into perspective it's 1400 watts at 100% volume and this is just a regular family room. Anyway, I closed my eye and laid on the couch and about 3/4 of the way through the album my wife came in and said, "that is AWESOME." When I opened my eyes Michael was gone so I couldn't thank him for the private concert.

7 hours ago, unbalanced output said:

If I play full volume, my ears will bleed and something will blow up - hopefully the fuses. The other day I pressed "play" with the volume just a bit too loud and what impressed me the most was how the sofa started jumping about...

Anyhow, my old laptop decided to die this week. It was a temporary solution however - now I have no player. NO PRESSURE, I'm enjoying the silence in the living room. 

It's loud, but not as loud as you might think. It's only 26 DB gain if I remember the amp specification.

4 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Jesus

So there is no doubt; in your system this UltraRendu sounds much better than the MicroRendu ?

What power supply and USB cable are you using ?

There is plenty of doubt. I see people doing all this crazy stuff before their units and after their units. Really...I most have the worst sounding system of all.   

I follow the advice I give to everyone. I have the best power supply I can afford in my system. The cable is a blue USB cable that came with my iFi DAC.

The current configuration is rather simple really: 

DLNA output mode on the ultraRendu controlled from Kazoo on my Mac 

Power supply->ultraRendu->DAC-> AMP->Speakers

Synology->router->ultraRendu    

4 hours ago, davide256 said:

The only thing I dislike about the mRendu is that its such a featherweight, I've had to tape it down to keep cables from pulling it off the equipment rack. Perhaps the new ultra Rendu could consider a "comes with" solution to anchor the component. Heck, iFI at least included rubber bands ;<)

I what I dislike is heavyweight cables that move things around. A little 3M tape can go a long way. The funny thing is that I actually find the microRendu heavy for it's size. 

3 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

Jesus,

My existing linear power supply is 9V 2A.

Alternatively, I have a 9V iFi iPower (I do not know which build). I remember reading somewhere that not all 9V iPower's work with the microRendu.

Will either or both work with the UltraRendu?

Thanks

Both will work.

31 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

What is price on the custom front faceplate ?

Can you reveal any of technical info of the used components ?

• High quality ultra low noise regulator for USB and CPU
  • Fixed frequency ultra low jitter oscillators
  • Multicore processor with DDR3 RAM

No comment.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, funtez said:

Sooo, adding this to my cart over and over is fun and all, but any idea when we can expect to be able to place an order?

I'm going to send emails to the people on the waiting list first. Then I'll open up sales on the website. We have more units than people on the waiting list so others will be able to purchase a unit. The emails should go out this week.   

1 minute ago, rickca said:

Are you talking about the ultraRendu rather than the microRendu clock upgrade?

John Swenson posted an earlier note describing some of the design changes in the ultraRendu vs microRendu.  I'm still trying to figure out whether I want to do the microRendu clock upgrade or get an ultraRendu.  Can John provide any more details to differentiate these options so I can make a well informed decision?

I'm only talking about the ultraRendu here. There is plenty of information available to make an informed decision. There will also be plenty of customer feedback. FYI the list of hardware updates is almost as long as the list for the new unit.  

5 hours ago, tboooe said:

Will the UR have the latest Linux patch to recognize the SU-1 and thus allow native DSD playback (versus DoP)?

We usually update the Kernel when there are a few new DACs that support native DSD. If it's not already included it will be soon.it's not already included it will be soon.