IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

22 minutes ago, sahmen said:

I've just seen a very favorable review of the microrendu 1.4...  I am looking forward very eagerly to reviews of the ultra too, because there is room for a second possible unit in my home rigs, and the ultra, if it is as great as rumored, makes a lot more sense than getting a micro 1.3 and then going for the 1.4 (unless of course the 1.3 is one of the discounted B-stock units, or bought used, but still).

I'm impatient to hear what new Ultra owners think of their new toy.

Hang in there. There is no wrong answer though even the original microRendu is very good.  

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

We have to work on your signature:)

Jesus, I'll be very happy if you work on the ultra for Jason, as the requested, and leave the demo Signature for meB|...

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, Kilauea50 said:

Just received my ultraRendu and it was a piece of cake to set up as expected AND sounds just crazy good right of of the box.  Very very nice work Jesus

Fed Ex? Regular mail? UPS?

Which shipping was used?

Were you sent a tracking number?

My UltraRendu arrived today.  I look forward to getting it home and swapping it into a system there which is more of an audio magnifying glass, but of course I wasn't going to wait that long if I could help it, and I dropped it into the desktop setup at work in place of a microRendu.

What I can say for sure from this initial acquaintance is that the UltraRendu is very good.

To the extent that I noticed a difference from the microRendu (based on aural memory, and across the setup delay) I'd characterize it as:

Remember that thing I first noticed when replacing a Sonicorbiter SE with a microRendu and a good power supply - delicacy;  the increase in subtle, delicate detail and just present-ness without an electronic-sounding overlay along for the ride?

Even farther in that same direction.

(Associated stuff: LPS-1 powering Rendu, Curious USB to a Singxer F-1, Audience Ohno S/PDIF to Gumby)

3 hours ago, d_elm said:

Anyone using an ultraRendu powered by LPS-1 at 7V with an Ayre Codex ?

I expect the ultraRendu takes more power than the microRendu, due to the additional linear regulators, and the Codex needs 5V from the USB interface.

You should be fine. 

36 minutes ago, jbm0 said:

My UltraRendu arrived today.  I look forward to getting it home and swapping it into a system there which is more of an audio magnifying glass, but of course I wasn't going to wait that long if I could help it, and I dropped it into the desktop setup at work in place of a microRendu.

What I can say for sure from this initial acquaintance is that the UltraRendu is very good.

To the extent that I noticed a difference from the microRendu (based on aural memory, and across the setup delay) I'd characterize it as:

Remember that thing I first noticed when replacing a Sonicorbiter SE with a microRendu and a good power supply - delicacy;  the increase in subtle, delicate detail and just present-ness without an electronic-sounding overlay along for the ride?

Even farther in that same direction.

(Associated stuff: LPS-1 powering Rendu, Curious USB to a Singxer F-1, Audience Ohno S/PDIF to Gumby)

Thanks for posting your initial impressions.

2 minutes ago, Sonic77 said:

I big indicator of how much I like a new piece of equipment is how long I listen to it, I have been listening to the ultraRendu for a couple of hours straight. I keep changing songs lol. 

Mine has been running since 11 a.m.  I had a strange crackling/popping sound and disabled Roon DSP which solved the problem.  The uR replaced a SOSE so this is a definite day/night difference for me.