IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

On 7/12/2017 at 4:47 PM, Confused said:

My apologies if this has been posted before and I have missed it, but can anyone advise what the required current draw of the ultraRendu is versus the microRendu?  I know that the LPS-1 is somewhere near the limit in my microRendu / Mutec MC3+USB set up, due in part to the current requirements of the Mutec's USB, so I was wondering if the ultraRendu might need more power, pushing he combo over the LPS-1's limit?  

We did not change the power specification. However, I have asked John for additional information.

35 minutes ago, sahmen said:

It is a nice review, but I wish he had the refreshed microrendu with the 1.4 hardware upgrade on hand for it..  The omission was particularly telling for me in this summary :

"What I hear is evolution, not revolution. The new model steps us up from a 7/10 to an 8. That’s a bigger jump than the aforementioned power supply switcheroo applied to the microRendu"

If microrendu 1.3 w/Vinnie Rossi LIO power supply scores a 7 in comparison to the Ultrarendu's 8, then what will the microrendu 1.4 w/Uptone Ultracap LPS-1 score?  

I do appreciate DAR's review, so I hope my slight dissatisfaction is not interpreted as a needless whine. My microrendu is now gone to Jesus for the 1.4 upgrade, and I have an Ultrarendu on my "to-buy" list, so the missing 1.4 vs Ultra comparison would be very important to me.

Of Course DAR has the option of updating the present review in the future, with a footnote which addresses the issue of the 1.4 and its place in the evaluation.  I really hope that he revisits this review, if/when he makes the acquaintance of the mR 1.4

Agreed.  I don't need a second device (i.e. ultraRendu) at this time (certainly not @ $875!), but would be very interested in understanding the degree the 1.4 upgrade improves my existing microRendu.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Darko hands out 8/10 to the UltraRendu. Thats great. Has any one read what product he's given a 9 or 10?

Sonus Faber Amati Futura, Oppo 105 (transport), Gryphon Diablo 300 with DAC, Brinkmann Bardo, 10.0 tone arm, Lyra Etna, Isotek Sigmas Evo 3, Nordost Valhalla cables, Stillpoints Ultra and Mini.

56 minutes ago, bigblue said:

Darko hands out 8/10 to the UltraRendu. Thats great. Has any one read what product he's given a 9 or 10?

Darko wrote:  "The numbering system used here is crude but, as we shall see, is included to highlight the magnitude of performance deltas between the two Sonore devices and not their absolute performance."

So no, theee numbers weren't offered to allow a comparison of absolute performance relative to other devices.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

If you guys don't mind...I would like to make the review official with a quote:)

John Darko said, "Classier! Sonore's ultraRendu takes digital audio higher still"

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/07/classier-sonores-ultrarendu-takes-digital-audio-higher-still

8 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

If you guys don't mind...I would like to make the review official with a quote:)

John cargo said, "Classier! Sonore's ultraRendu takes digital audio higher still"

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/07/classier-sonores-ultrarendu-takes-digital-audio-higher-still

Read more  

Personally, I don't mind at all, except for two caveats:  the name is "Darko," and his review is almost giving my microrendu an inferiority complex (even with its up and coming 1.4 bells and whistles), and my wallet is already looking for somewhere to hide:)!  Okay, make that 3 caveats:)!

4 minutes ago, sahmen said:

Personally, I don't mind at all, except for two caveats:  the name is "Darko," and his review is almost giving my microrendu an inferiority complex (even with its up and coming 1.4 bells and whistles), and my wallet is already looking for somewhere to hide:)!  Okay, make that 3 caveats:)!

That was fixed right away...you probably replied to the email. I don't look at it that way. The microRendu is a work horse and according to its owners it was an improvement over whatever they were doing last. That is a win in my book. If you follow professional cycling it's like winning a stage and not winning the race. A win is a win and both are an accomplishment.  

31 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

That was fixed right away...you probably replied to the email. I don't look at it that way. The microRendu is a work horse and according to its owners it was an improvement over whatever they were doing last. That is a win in my book. If you follow professional cycling it's like winning a stage and not winning the race. A win is a win and both are an accomplishment.  

You know, I do not disagree with you regarding the rules of what you're calling "professional cycling" or perpetual renovations, and I am still not done enjoying the sonic marvels of my microrendu as yet. In fact, you could say I am still in my "honeymoon" phase with the microrendu, since I only acquired mine in May, so it is indeed a "win" in my book... However, the ultra is still haunting my wallet and giving it sleepless nights, and that apparently can't be helped, so you need not worry about that...  I bet you remember what someone, who shall remain nameless, has said about "winning," or not wanting to stop winning...:) Maybe there is so much "winning" nowadays in high performance computer audio that it is becoming hard for a regular guy like me to take:)

2 hours ago, wmns said:

Thanks for your reply. In that case I will wait a few months until the next opportunity.

The good thing about that is you will be able to get feedback before you buy. I haven't even heard the ultrarendu, but I have faith in Jesus :cool:

24 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

News flash:

I may have forgotten to mentioned that we have been working with Audirvana the past couple months:) For those of you who don't already know the micro/ultraRendu will accept Audirvana streams very shortly. I have been testing the Audirvana beta release and it's working very well. I'll prepare a how to guide next, but its very easy to setup.     

Wonderful!  Incidentally, have you considered a similar arrangement with Sonic Studio/Amarra too, by any chance?

28 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

News flash:

I may have forgotten to mentioned that we have been working with Audirvana the past couple months:) For those of you who don't already know the micro/ultraRendu will accept Audirvana streams very shortly. I have been testing the Audirvana beta release and it's working very well. I'll prepare a how to guide next, but its very easy to setup.     

Does this work similarly to NAA?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

57 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

News flash:

Would accepting Audirvana streams be a free addition to the features of Sonicorbiter SW?  No charge for that?

On 16.7.2017 at 6:31 PM, bigblue said:

Just another thaught, if he changed from Spotify to Tidal, he probably would achive better SQ ?

I hope i misunderstood his review, but my understanding is he use Spotify (MP3) for testingen his gear.