IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

9 hours ago, jcbenten said:

RP is now a plug-in on LMS...or you can enter the URL address that was posted on the forum...maybe in Software?  I can post pics tomorrow.

Note:  QLMS is LMS ported to x86 CPU QNAP NAS systems.  It automatically downloads the latest nightly build and is brilliant.  Much more stable than LMS on a pc.  I stream to my Touch.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

I do not have the paid version of Volumio, but I was perfectly able to install the RP plugin and listen to the .flac stream. Perhaps they changed something recently and now only include that on their paid tier?

I do however need to amend my statement on JRiver, the stream to a UPnP renderer is being transcoded to AAC320. I have no idea why as this was originally not the case, however I just checked and though I can start the stream from the server and direct it to a renderer, it is AAC320.

Okay. Then it’s just LMS which is very good with all kinds of internet radio streams.

17 hours ago, left channel said:

Does my previous post immediately above answer your install questions? LMS is Logitech Media Server, formerly (and sometimes still) known as Squeezebox Server. LMS is a thriving ecosystem, originally based on now-discontinued hardware that Logitech still supports, available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Sonicorbiter, Rasberry PI, and more), supported by a staff developer as well as volunteers who have produced many plugins as well as players like Squeezelite-X for Windows shared above. The support forum is here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/

Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 4:57 AM, jos said:

Question: can I combine the ultraRendu with the new iFi iPower X 9v? It seems to be better than the old one. Any experience out there already?

Looks interesting, but I have not tried it. I wish they had a 7VDC version so the units would not run so hot though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, VladST said:

Thanks for advice, but it’s almost ok with my LPS. The problem was with Urendu...

Probably, it’s all about SD card...

This is a network issue. Orange status LED means the unit is powered and the software has booting. However, in order to get the Green status LED the software needs to see the internet. Check all network connections and/or power cycle the network gear then power up the Rendu.   

• vortecjr changed the title to Introducing the new Sonore ultraRendu v1.3
  • 2 months later...
On 2/7/2023 at 12:50 PM, juniorbudel said:

Hello everyone, is there a way to find out which version of UltraRendu by the device itself?

Has anyone done a direct comparison between the versions?

You need to open them up and look on the main board.  The current version is IMHO the best one, but they are all great;)  

On 2/7/2023 at 11:39 AM, warrior_on_mars said:

Hi all,

Purchased a used ultraRendu and so far, failing completely to run DSD512 in Native. DoP 256 works so that indicates to me that it is all wired up correctly from the latest HQPlayer on Windows via ultraRendu to my upgraded to native DSD512 (or even perhaps DSD1024) Ayre QX-5.

When I set SDM pack on the DSD output to "none", and play something from Roon or from Library, it briefly shows the target rate and then gives up saying processing took 11 seconds, something like that.

Anyone has any suggestions where should look?

Thanks,

Alex

Can you email me the complete output of Apps / DAC Diagnostics to [email protected]

1 hour ago, warrior_on_mars said:

Hi,

The issue has now been fully resolved with the new version that Jussy of HQPlayer fame has made to address it (hard-coding the DAC as Native DSD512 capable). I am no longer using the SonicOrbiter software so it would be a bit awkward to go back to it.

Having said that, perhaps these details will help for bringing the Sonore OS up to the same level as the new HQPlayer NAA OS?

Yes, this is the information we need. 

2 hours ago, robi20064 said:

@vortecjr

Is there a way to tell v1.2 and v1.3 apart without turning the unit on or alternatively in the SO webui?

You have to open them up to see the version number because there is no indicator passed to the OS. 

11 hours ago, juniorbudel said:

I opened mine and found out that it's the first version, is the difference in quality for the last version proportional to the price difference between them on the market?

The newer designs take advantage of new lower noise parts or some differnt design approach, but the quality of the earlier designs is not a concern overall.   

6 hours ago, robi20064 said:

Thanks Jesus. So there is also no sticker or any other mark outside of the box either? I think I've seen some pictures with a sticker on the bottom plus a QR code. Is that official?

The current run is shipping with an approved sticker, but these may only ship on Sonore and/or SGC orders because they ship from the same warehouse.   

• vortecjr changed the title to Sonore ultraRendu v1.3
  • 3 months later...