IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

I know technical details are not being disclosed at this point, but for the microRendu, it was described (by John S. I believe) that there was effectively an "improved regen" incorporated...

- does the ultraRendu effectively include an "Iso Regen" incorporated?

7 minutes ago, rlow said:

I know technical details are not being disclosed at this point, but for the microRendu, it was described (by John S. I believe) that there was effectively an "improved regen" incorporated...

- does the ultraRendu effectively include an "Iso Regen" incorporated?

No.

The original microRendu has the same USB2.0 hub chip as the original USB REGEN, but utilized ultra-ultra-low noise LT3042 regulators (not available at the time of introduction of the USB REGEN).  That was the "improved Regen" incorporation of the microRendu.

The ISO REGEN is a combination of an expensive high-speed USB galvanic isolator chip (Silanna ICE08USB) at input, 5(!) LT3042 regulators and enhanced power network elements, and a USB 3.1 hub chip chosen for particularly good signal integrity.

The galvanic isolator chip would have no place in the already galvanically isolated micro/ultraRendu, as such would have to be placed at the output (and like all isolators, the thing adds jitter that must be rechecked out)--there would be no point.  

Hope that helps.

On 7/5/2017 at 4:40 PM, matthias said:

How much ampere can the ultraRendu output via its USB 5V when powered by a LPS-1?

I would like to connect an USB powered DAC which needs 0,6 Ampere, thát means 3VA. Possible?

Thanks

Matt

I have only tested the combination with a USB 2.0 compliant devices which is 0.5 Amps. I'm okay if you try it though. 

On 7/5/2017 at 4:50 PM, Sloop John B said:

I've pressed the button on an ultraRendu purchase  and have 2 questions:

1. can it act as a UPNP bridge?
  2. when are they likely to ship

thanks

.sjb

Yes and soon, but it depends on your order number to a small extent.

4 hours ago, Superdad said:

No.

The original microRendu has the same USB2.0 hub chip as the original USB REGEN, but utilized ultra-ultra-low noise LT3042 regulators (not available at the time of introduction of the USB REGEN).  That was the "improved Regen" incorporation of the microRendu.

The ISO REGEN is a combination of an expensive high-speed USB galvanic isolator chip (Silanna ICE08USB) at input, 5(!) LT3042 regulators and enhanced power network elements, and a USB 3.1 hub chip chosen for particularly good signal integrity.

The galvanic isolator chip would have no place in the already galvanically isolated micro/ultraRendu, as such would have to be placed at the output (and like all isolators, the thing adds jitter that must be rechecked out)--there would be no point.  

Hope that helps.

Does that make it an improvement on the improvement. Anyway, we are not going to include something just for bragging rights. We really believe in keeping things simple. 

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Does that make it an improvement on the improvement. Anyway, we are not going to include something just for bragging rights. We really believe in keeping things simple. 

So the original microRendu will benefit from an ISO Regen but the ultraRendu will not? Is this correct?

Nonetheless there will be folk who will use an ISO Regen with the ultraRendu and claim improvements...

Just as there will be folk who will compare an ISO Regen with the microRendu vs the ultraRendu on its own

On 6.7.2017 at 5:59 AM, Dev said:

Its obvious that the UR will sound better than the microRendu but I would like to know what I am getting before I pull the trigger :-)

To me that's not that obvious ?

The 1.4 HW upgrade will give you the same clock. 

What's left, may be better regulators (totally different design I think), but I'm not sure I will be capable to hear that in my system. 

I think the 1.4 upgrade is a very interesting deal, if it turns out as expected. 

17 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

What's left, may be better regulators (totally different design I think), but I'm not sure I will be capable to hear that in my system. 

I think the 1.4 upgrade is a very interesting deal, if it turns out as expected. 

well, folks here will be very happy if you buy both and listen for yourself :D

as for me, I have a change in direction at the moment.  

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

They turned out just fine. We had 10 prototype made and the beta testers loved them. 

4 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

So the original microRendu will benefit from an ISO Regen but the ultraRendu will not? Is this correct?

Nonetheless there will be folk who will use an ISO Regen with the ultraRendu and claim improvements...

Just as there will be folk who will compare an ISO Regen with the microRendu vs the ultraRendu on its own

No. We have not said this at all. Both the microRendu and ultraRendu are galvanically isolated.

5 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

The microRendu has a "regen" built in - so does the ultraRendu. The "Iso" part (galvanic isolation) is also already inherently part of both designs as well with the use of the Ethernet input...I wasn't thinking about that correctly when I asked my question.

3 minutes ago, rlow said:

The microRendu has a "regen" built in - so does the ultraRendu. The "Iso" part (galvanic isolation) is also already inherently part of both designs as well with the use of the Ethernet input...I wasn't thinking about that correctly when I asked my question.

Just a final note or clarification. We don't call the circuit a USB Regen or ISO Regen our of respect for Uptone Audio and because the component list might be different. We simply say they include a regenerative USB circuit.    

11 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Just a final note or clarification. We don't call the circuit a USB Regen or ISO Regen our of respect for Uptone Audio and because the component list might be different. We simply say they include a regenerative USB circuit.    

Makes sense

10 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

Just ordered an ultraRendu so may be in a position to answer this in a few weeks time, (UK customs willing)

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

FYI

I just opened sales of the ultraRendu to the general public. 

Just ordered mine. I will use it with Iso Regen too if It shows to be the best configuration.

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

Would love to order one of these, but $1400 Canadian after shipping, exchange and tax is a bit too much for my blood right now - maybe someday...when the flippin CAD goes up!

I'm looking forward to the reviews however in the meantime! Hopefully we'll get some really critical listeners chiming in with their listening impressions.

EDIT: To clarify, that cost is with the iFi power supply included.

3 hours ago, rlow said:

Would love to order one of these, but $1400 Canadian after shipping, exchange and tax is a bit too much for my blood right now - maybe someday...when the flippin CAD goes up!

I'm looking forward to the reviews however in the meantime! Hopefully we'll get some really critical listeners chiming in with their listening impressions.

EDIT: To clarify, that cost is with the iFi power supply included.

Well, our dollar has gone up almost 7% from the recent lows.  But I agree, any audio purchase from a US manufacturer has been painful in recent years.  I ordered the ultraR anyway.  At least I can recover some of the cost by selling my microRendu on Canuck Audio Mart.

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

My apologies if this has been posted before and I have missed it, but can anyone advise what the required current draw of the ultraRendu is versus the microRendu?  I know that the LPS-1 is somewhere near the limit in my microRendu / Mutec MC3+USB set up, due in part to the current requirements of the Mutec's USB, so I was wondering if the ultraRendu might need more power, pushing he combo over the LPS-1's limit?  

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.