Jump to content
IGNORED

Introducing the new Sonore ultraRendu v1.3


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, firedog said:

I don't think we are going to get many beyond what John and Jesus have already said. 

I imagine they aren't in the business of helping their competitors.

Beyond that, if I were a manufacturer, I would give lots of detail, as many silly audiophiles decide what a component sounds like based on a parts list, without hearing it.

I actually meant to write, I Wouldn't give lots of details. There are silly audiophiles that will see a certain part, and decide that the device CAN'T sound good with that part inside, just based on what's written on paper.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Link to comment

I know technical details are not being disclosed at this point, but for the microRendu, it was described (by John S. I believe) that there was effectively an "improved regen" incorporated...

 

- does the ultraRendu effectively include an "Iso Regen" incorporated?

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, rlow said:

I know technical details are not being disclosed at this point, but for the microRendu, it was described (by John S. I believe) that there was effectively an "improved regen" incorporated...

 

- does the ultraRendu effectively include an "Iso Regen" incorporated?

 

No.

 

The original microRendu has the same USB2.0 hub chip as the original USB REGEN, but utilized ultra-ultra-low noise LT3042 regulators (not available at the time of introduction of the USB REGEN).  That was the "improved Regen" incorporation of the microRendu.

 

The ISO REGEN is a combination of an expensive high-speed USB galvanic isolator chip (Silanna ICE08USB) at input, 5(!) LT3042 regulators and enhanced power network elements, and a USB 3.1 hub chip chosen for particularly good signal integrity.

 

The galvanic isolator chip would have no place in the already galvanically isolated micro/ultraRendu, as such would have to be placed at the output (and like all isolators, the thing adds jitter that must be rechecked out)--there would be no point.  

 

Hope that helps.

 

 

Link to comment
On 7/5/2017 at 4:40 PM, matthias said:

How much ampere can the ultraRendu output via its USB 5V when powered by a LPS-1?

I would like to connect an USB powered DAC which needs 0,6 Ampere, thát means 3VA. Possible?

Thanks

 

Matt

I have only tested the combination with a USB 2.0 compliant devices which is 0.5 Amps. I'm okay if you try it though. 

Link to comment
On 7/5/2017 at 4:50 PM, Sloop John B said:

I've pressed the button on an ultraRendu purchase  and have 2 questions:

 

  1. can it act as a UPNP bridge?
  2. when are they likely to ship

thanks

 

.sjb

Yes and soon, but it depends on your order number to a small extent.

Link to comment
14 hours ago, firedog said:

I actually meant to write, I Wouldn't give lots of details. There are silly audiophiles that will see a certain part, and decide that the device CAN'T sound good with that part inside, just based on what's written on paper.

LOL

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Superdad said:

 

No.

 

The original microRendu has the same USB2.0 hub chip as the original USB REGEN, but utilized ultra-ultra-low noise LT3042 regulators (not available at the time of introduction of the USB REGEN).  That was the "improved Regen" incorporation of the microRendu.

 

The ISO REGEN is a combination of an expensive high-speed USB galvanic isolator chip (Silanna ICE08USB) at input, 5(!) LT3042 regulators and enhanced power network elements, and a USB 3.1 hub chip chosen for particularly good signal integrity.

 

The galvanic isolator chip would have no place in the already galvanically isolated micro/ultraRendu, as such would have to be placed at the output (and like all isolators, the thing adds jitter that must be rechecked out)--there would be no point.  

 

Hope that helps.

 

 

Does that make it an improvement on the improvement. Anyway, we are not going to include something just for bragging rights. We really believe in keeping things simple. 

Link to comment
6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Does that make it an improvement on the improvement. Anyway, we are not going to include something just for bragging rights. We really believe in keeping things simple. 

 

So the original microRendu will benefit from an ISO Regen but the ultraRendu will not? Is this correct?

 

Nonetheless there will be folk who will use an ISO Regen with the ultraRendu and claim improvements...

 

Just as there will be folk who will compare an ISO Regen with the microRendu vs the ultraRendu on its own

Link to comment
On 6.7.2017 at 5:59 AM, Dev said:

Its obvious that the UR will sound better than the microRendu but I would like to know what I am getting before I pull the trigger :-)

 

To me that's not that obvious ?

 

The 1.4 HW upgrade will give you the same clock. 

 

What's left, may be better regulators (totally different design I think), but I'm not sure I will be capable to hear that in my system. 

 

I think the 1.4 upgrade is a very interesting deal, if it turns out as expected. 

 

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

 

To me that's not that obvious ?

 

The 1.4 HW upgrade will give you the same clock. 

 

What's left, may be better regulators (totally different design I think), but I'm not sure I will be capable to hear that in my system. 

 

I think the 1.4 upgrade is a very interesting deal, if it turns out as expected. 

 

 

well, folks here will be very happy if you buy both and listen for yourself :D

as for me, I have a change in direction at the moment.  

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

 

To me that's not that obvious ?

 

The 1.4 HW upgrade will give you the same clock. 

 

What's left, may be better regulators (totally different design I think), but I'm not sure I will be capable to hear that in my system. 

 

I think the 1.4 upgrade is a very interesting deal, if it turns out as expected. 

 

They turned out just fine. We had 10 prototype made and the beta testers loved them. 

Link to comment
4 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

 

So the original microRendu will benefit from an ISO Regen but the ultraRendu will not? Is this correct?

 

Nonetheless there will be folk who will use an ISO Regen with the ultraRendu and claim improvements...

 

Just as there will be folk who will compare an ISO Regen with the microRendu vs the ultraRendu on its own

No. We have not said this at all. Both the microRendu and ultraRendu are galvanically isolated.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

 

So the original microRendu will benefit from an ISO Regen but the ultraRendu will not? Is this correct?

 

Nonetheless there will be folk who will use an ISO Regen with the ultraRendu and claim improvements...

 

Just as there will be folk who will compare an ISO Regen with the microRendu vs the ultraRendu on its own

 

The microRendu has a "regen" built in - so does the ultraRendu. The "Iso" part (galvanic isolation) is also already inherently part of both designs as well with the use of the Ethernet input...I wasn't thinking about that correctly when I asked my question.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, rlow said:

 

The microRendu has a "regen" built in - so does the ultraRendu. The "Iso" part (galvanic isolation) is also already inherently part of both designs as well with the use of the Ethernet input...I wasn't thinking about that correctly when I asked my question.

Just a final note or clarification. We don't call the circuit a USB Regen or ISO Regen our of respect for Uptone Audio and because the component list might be different. We simply say they include a regenerative USB circuit.    

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Just a final note or clarification. We don't call the circuit a USB Regen or ISO Regen our of respect for Uptone Audio and because the component list might be different. We simply say they include a regenerative USB circuit.    

 

Makes sense

Link to comment
10 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

 

So the original microRendu will benefit from an ISO Regen but the ultraRendu will not? Is this correct?

 

Nonetheless there will be folk who will use an ISO Regen with the ultraRendu and claim improvements...

 

Just ordered an ultraRendu so may be in a position to answer this in a few weeks time, (UK customs willing)

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

FYI

I just opened sales of the ultraRendu to the general public. 

Just ordered mine. I will use it with Iso Regen too if It shows to be the best configuration.

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

Link to comment

Would love to order one of these, but $1400 Canadian after shipping, exchange and tax is a bit too much for my blood right now - maybe someday...when the flippin CAD goes up!

 

I'm looking forward to the reviews however in the meantime! Hopefully we'll get some really critical listeners chiming in with their listening impressions.

 

EDIT: To clarify, that cost is with the iFi power supply included.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, rlow said:

Would love to order one of these, but $1400 Canadian after shipping, exchange and tax is a bit too much for my blood right now - maybe someday...when the flippin CAD goes up!

 

I'm looking forward to the reviews however in the meantime! Hopefully we'll get some really critical listeners chiming in with their listening impressions.

 

EDIT: To clarify, that cost is with the iFi power supply included.

Well, our dollar has gone up almost 7% from the recent lows.  But I agree, any audio purchase from a US manufacturer has been painful in recent years.  I ordered the ultraR anyway.  At least I can recover some of the cost by selling my microRendu on Canuck Audio Mart.

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen > opticalRendu > Ayre QX-5 DAC > Ayre KX-R Twenty Preamp > Ayre MX-R Twenty mono amps > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...