IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

2 hours ago, Bones13 said:

Looks like a fun extension of the microRendu. Having just made DIY power cables for the LPS-1 and microRendu, obtained a Curious Cable short USB cable, and updated to 2.5? I will probably sit this one out for now, and see how the reviews look after the initial burst.

Hi @Bones13

Not to hijack this thread (as like many I'm licking my lips and ignoring the worry emanating from my wallet at the ultraRendu [and/or the IsoTek Regen]) but specs, details and well availability of both are still pending. So meantime can I ask for details on the DIY power cables for the LPS-1 and microrendu? 

As mentioned, I don't want to hijack this thread so if you don't mind just pointing towards the right thread or PMing me if there isn't one. 

Many Thanks, 

Alan 

PS - Jesus / Alex - I'm following both respective threads with a view to incorporating more of your respective firms magic into my system. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out but meantime keep up the great work! 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

Thanks @R1200CL

And likewise to @Bones13for the PM. 

Hope I didn't disrupt this thread too much! 

Cheers, 

Alan 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Or get the Signature...:D

BTW, find it interesting you think the IsoRegen doesn't add anything to the Ultra. Would like to hear other ultra owners chime in on that comparison.

Likewise. 

I'm also intrigued in the converse. Are you finding that the UR definitely outperforms the MR & ISO Regen combo? 

Thanks, 

Alan 

5 minutes ago, gbryant said:

I've been searching for a video or review of actually using the Rendu. I understand that it is accessed through a web based GUI. Assuming accessing a MAC as the music server is possible.... can anyone give input on ease of use?

Thanks.

BTW.... I currently use a MacBook Pro and ROON, typically remote through desktop and / or iPad 

The GUI access is for settings and maintenance and is really simple. 

Day to day use is simply insert the Rendu (Micro or Ultra) in your system, attach an ethernet cable and tell Roon (however you normally control Roon) to play to the Rendu. Literally could not be easier. Once in place you can forget about the Rendu and just enjoy the music and great SQ.