IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

Interesting announcement...although not enough, as yet, to whet my appetite. My setup sounds soooo good with mR/LPS-1, I can't imagine how it could get 'much' better.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

I agree, it would be hard to beat an EITR at that price point.  However, I suspect this may be something else ... "USB to digital converter" ... Mmmm ! ... Perhaps I2S, AES, BNC, or all of them ... none of which EITR has. That would be head-on with an SU-1 !

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

@jaaptina Depends on how good your USB DAC input is ... in my case EITR made a significant difference with a Schiit Gungnir MB ... its Gen 2 USB input is not as good as S/PDIF, in my opinion. I have used both F1 (vBus powered and separate PS) & EITR with the microRendu and the EITR, in my setup, was the better of the two. The difference was not enormous but still worthwhile.

EDIT: Whether the ultraRendu improves over a microRendu when paired with a DDC like the EITR, I'm not sure. Perhaps marginal. 

• 1 month later...

@left channel ... not sure if this helps, but I spotted this on Qobuz's website 

http://www.qobuz.com/FR-fr/info/Hi-Fi/Bancs-d-essai/Tutoriel-Logitech-Media-Server179701

In French but you could run it through Google Translate (sort of !).