IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

7 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

If you follow Jesus instructions in first post, you will get a reply which tells you the answers. 

But it as usual, if you post it publicly, the product will not be available ?

(But at least you will have the answer)

I certainly read Jesus' initial post. Other than the visual differences in design and ports, and some vague technical description, there was nothing on my two questions.

3 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

@thyname  I'm using the ultraRendu without the Isoregen in the chain. The other difference is that I am now using a USB cable (actually conducting a shootout comparison), and the Cardas adaptors are also out of the chain.

In my system and to my ears, the ultraRendu with a USB cable outperforms the previous mR v1.3 - Isoregen combination. Keep in mind that the cabling adds another element to this. I will add the Isoregen at a later point and evaluate as a final check.

Thanks for chiming in!

I would be very interested in your tests comparing the ultraRendu with and without ISO Regen.

My USB cable is decent - XLO UltraPlus

9 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

@thyname  Sure. I'll make a note to post.

What are your thoughts on the XLO Ultra Plus?  

Here's what I am comparing in this first go-around:

Wireworld 7 Platinnm Starlight

Purist Audio Design Ultimate

Audience Au24 SE

and

Cardas High Speed Clear

I've wrapped up listening to the first two (over two days with each). Both perform well. There are some differences in sound within my system.

The Audience will go in within the hour.

I love it! Granted I have not tried any of those you list, just some cryo treated USB cable from CryoParts, the cheapest WireWorld Starlight, and the hard adapter that comes with ISO Regen, and XLO UP is on another league. Very detailed, sparkly (in a good meaning - not harsh), and great resolution.

7 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

With all this talk about To ISO or To NOT....I did a very quick insert of the ISOREGEN.

The Cardas Sonore adaptor was difficult to fit in-between the LPS-1 power input and the LAN cable of the ultraRendu. However, I did get it to work. A right angled adaptor might be a preferable option. I do not have one.

1. ultraRendu > Cardas USB AtoB Adaptor > Isoregen > USB Cable > DAC

I then swapped in an additional 1M USB cable because of the fit / angle being a concern in the No. 1 scenario.

2. In this scenario ultraRendu > USB cable > Isoregen > USB cable > DAC

3. In the third iteration: ultraRendu > USB cable > Isoregen > USPCB AtoB Adaptor > DAC

Both the ultraRendu and the Isoregen are being powered by separate UltraCap LPS-1s with the upgraded DC cables.

Was there a difference: YES.

Was the difference significant: To my ears it was marginal. Perhaps a .25 to .5 upside (on a 10 point scale).

This of course is based on my system and ears. Others may, well you know.....May be worth it for some, perhaps not for others. Mainly a whisper of more blackness and body/weight.

Which chain did I prefer: It was so close that it isn't worth parsing for me.

If I had to force rank or face a proverbial audiophile firing squad: 2 > 1 >3  This will  be dependent on the USB cabling used for No 2 and No 1.

Since I really want to get a feel for which USB cable I prefer in my system with the ultraRendu in it, I pulled the Isoregen out again. It adds too many variables and complicates my shootout. I will revisit once I have the final USB cable or cables selected.

To reiterate, this was a very quick comparison. Please take this into account. Your results may vary : )

Thank you for taking one for the team.

I am sure you would not heard ANY difference if you did this at your speakers setup.