IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Seeing the ultraRendu next to the UltraCAP leaves me wanting to combine them in a nicer way. As such, I have an idea for a custom faceplate that allows you to mount both and have them look as one in your audio rack. Please provide feedback here so I can gauge interest in it. 

image.png

A custom, high quality DC cable (without the insane Cardas premium) would go along great with this idea.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

27 minutes ago, André Gosselin said:

I would be interested in having more contextual info about this "Insane Cardas premium". Are you referring to the Sonore DC-4 ?

Regards

Yes.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

26 minutes ago, Al Jones said:

I will gladly invest in an ultrarendu at around $1,000 simply

10 minutes ago, firedog said:

m sort of thinking the prices on the used market for the mR aren't going to be too good, as lots of them are going to be on the market when the Ultra comes out. 

You guys are killing me.:S

3 minutes ago, mrvco said:

I wouldn't think so as long as they aren't sitting directly one upon the other.  Not that I check very often, but when I have checked, my LPS-1 and µR barely get warm to the touch.

Wow, really?  Mine are both almost hot, and my 9v/2A iPower energizing the LPS-1 is even hotter.

6 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

No worries...just trying to have a little fun here.

So far, all we know about the ultraRendu is how to install and use it.  Functionally, it's identical to the microRendu running Sonicorbiter 2.5, right?  This makes confidence in a first day order difficult.  Do you plan to release any more details prior to availability?

20 minutes ago, JohnSwenson said:

That is about all I can say for now.

Thanks, John.  Excellent start.

4 minutes ago, Matias said:

If the price increase is higher yet within reasonable then I will definitely buy it. I hope it does not double the price just because the market may accept it.

Matias, price is announced $875.  Pay attention!:P

http://www.sonore.us/ultraRendu.html

On 5/13/2017 at 2:49 PM, vortecjr said:

Seeing the ultraRendu next to the UltraCAP leaves me wanting to combine them in a nicer way. As such, I have an idea for a custom faceplate that allows you to mount both and have them look as one in your audio rack. Please provide feedback here so I can gauge interest in it. 

image.png

Jesus, I'm thinking about cable considerations.  Unless the rear of the ultraRendu (with the connectors) is facing the rear of the DAC (with the USB input) we can't use even a 200mm Curious link, never mind a USPCB.

To minimize the length of the USB cable with the front of the ultraRendu facing forward, it has to be placed either directly above or below the USB input of the DAC.  

The connector ends of USB cables are inflexible, so there's some minimum cable length required for this kind of presentation.  Audiophile USB cables get expensive really quickly as the length increases.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

The emails should go out this week.

Are you talking about the ultraRendu rather than the microRendu clock upgrade?

John Swenson posted an earlier note describing some of the design changes in the ultraRendu vs microRendu.  I'm still trying to figure out whether I want to do the microRendu clock upgrade or get an ultraRendu.  Can John provide any more details to differentiate these options so I can make a well informed decision?

13 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

FYI the list of hardware updates is almost as long as the list for the new unit.  

I'm not sure what list you're referring to.  Do you mean your email list for the microRendu clock upgrade is almost as long as the email list for the ultraRendu?

Happy 4th, Jesus!

39 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

when are they likely to ship

Right on the web page where you added the ultraRendu to your cart, it says when shipping is estimated to start.

• vortecjr featured and unfeatured this topic
18 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Let's just enjoy the moment:)

Is that a 305 Pitbull reference?

I have yet to see feedback from a user who has listened to both an ultraRendu and a 1.4 microRendu hardware update.  

All I've seen is a lot of speculation (other than from @barrows who works for Sonore).  If there is an actual comparative review, I'd love to read it.

I expect people from both camps to be happy with their purchase.

13 minutes ago, gbryant said:

OMG!

OK so if you like violin now go listen to Julia Fischer Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto in D Major on your ultraRendu.  If you aren't blown away by the end of the first track, I'll be surprised.

4 minutes ago, gbryant said:

This?

Yes, that's it.  It's available on Qobuz, not sure about TIDAL.

18 minutes ago, sahmen said:

By power-cycling the LPS-1 !

I've never encountered this before, but it's good to know.  Thanks.

Just now, sahmen said:

Yes, there is a noticeably significant difference.

Please elaborate.

Thanks a lot @sahmen, that's not underwhelming at all.  IIRC you had a 1.3 microRendu and updated it to a 1.4 (clock upgrade) microRendu, right?  Then I guess you also bought an ultraRendu.

So I think @genjamon has a good question.  What was the bigger change, microRendu 1.3 to 1.4 or microRendu 1.4 to ultraRendu?

5 minutes ago, sahmen said:

When I got the 1.4 back, I thought I was hearing a noticeable difference, but to be honest, I could not tell for sure if the difference was real or "placebo." I blame that uncertainty simply on the limitations of audio memory, and not on those of the equipment themselves.

OK that makes perfect sense.  Most people who update from 1.3 to 1.4 will be in the same boat because they no longer have a 1.3 to do a side by side comparison.  Nonetheless, I felt I heard things with the 1.4 on familiar tracks that the 1.3 never delivered and I'm very satisfied with the hardware update.  I was running SonicOrbiter 2.5 on both.

10 minutes ago, jventer said:

i just checked and the double front panel is an extra $25 when purchased with the ultraRendu.

Looks to me like the custom front panel is $75.  

On 8/5/2017 at 7:08 PM, vortecjr said:

I bought a SleepNumber bed and I love it!

Make sure you get a good linear power supply for that thing.

5 minutes ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

the ultra is already a clear winner,

Compared to what?

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, j3294 said:

what are the alternatives for iOS?

I like the Lumin app on IOS.  I've never been able to get Kazoo to work with a microRendu.