IGNORED

DENAFRIPS DAC

10 hours ago, Middy said:

Haha I hope it gives you pleasure My friend. Thanks for bringing this to my attention looks fantastic

Good luck

Dave

I'ts my pleasure David! And if You happened to came to Lisbon I'll be very happy to have same wine and leasing to the Terminator whit You.

If it didn't blow anthill that time :-) 

Miguel

• 3 months later...

Have you guys tried Ares via USB (XMOS chipset version) to a Roon (ROCK) or Auralic Aries? I've issue when boot up these two together. I got a loud hissing noise. The LED display on Ares shows the followings:

48kHz and 8x LEDS light up. In this instance, I got a loud hissing noise. However, once I started to play a track, the loud hiss goes away. After that it works perfectly. I also discovered it only happens if you use Linux OS (Roon ROCK and Auralic Aries) but not Windows PC running Roon. Luckily this is loan set I got to try. The distributor told me the Amanero USB chipset will resolve the issue. Has anyone try this? I'm still interested in getting the Ares though... 

• 5 weeks later...

The Terminator seem like a really nice DAC from what I have read so far. Looking for more impressions and comparisons if anyone has them to share.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

• 3 months later...

I received my first ARES in March 2017.  I found it really good.  After about 3 months it stopped working, so I had to send it back to Vinshine Audio who replaced it

On 13th Feb this year, I was listening and there was a "plop" sound and it stopped working.  Back to Vinshine with this one

Alvin says they had some RMA failures with the XMOS USB interface and are now using the Amanero USB interface

So I am waiting for this to arrive

Fortunately, I have a VIVIERE DAC which is made here in South Africa.  It supports 512k DSD and I think has tighter bass than the ARES

Time will tell 

There are 32 pages of comments about the VIVIERE dac here - https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,22213.0.html

In South Africa, about 100 were made and they change hands for ZAR11000 or so (about $800)

I'm using a MacBook with JRiver 23

The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club.  Achieve astonishing sound
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2, Devialet 440CI, B&W DB1, LF-8ba, 2 x Dachshunds

• 2 weeks later...

Alvin swopped the ARES for a new unit with the Amanero USB chipset.  This was done very quickly and delivery done by DHL.  Big thanks to Alvin for such marvellous after-sales service

The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club.  Achieve astonishing sound
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2, Devialet 440CI, B&W DB1, LF-8ba, 2 x Dachshunds