Sign in to follow this  
Jockaruba

DN2800MT motherboard replacement advise?

Rate this topic

Today my DN2800MT motherboard of my caps music pc has stopped working.

What would currently be a good 'drop in' replacement, possibly a step up, nowadays?

(Using a PPA usb V2 card and a separate external powersupply)

Thank you,

Jock

Music Server: Caps v3, ssd, ppa usb3 v2 card, external usb hdd, Keces Powersupply,Windows Server 2016, JRiver, audio optimizer. DAC: Teac UD-501. Amplifier: SSE tube amb with Class D L15D Amps for lower frequencies Mini DSP Open Baffle Tangband w8-1808 and double Emminence Alpha15 Cables: Signal Cable USA, Chord silverplus usb.

Would this be a good way to go?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900TM-ITX/

Music Server: Caps v3, ssd, ppa usb3 v2 card, external usb hdd, Keces Powersupply,Windows Server 2016, JRiver, audio optimizer. DAC: Teac UD-501. Amplifier: SSE tube amb with Class D L15D Amps for lower frequencies Mini DSP Open Baffle Tangband w8-1808 and double Emminence Alpha15 Cables: Signal Cable USA, Chord silverplus usb.

That one needs 19V PSU. Otherwise is looks like a good drop in replacement with almost 3x more CPU processing power.  

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Celeron-J1900-vs-Intel-Atom-N2800

This MoBo looks to accept 12V:

http://uk.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-N3160TN-rev-10#ov

Edited by Elberoth

Adam

PC: Hot rodded CAPS v4 Pipeline: Teradak ATX linear PSU, Jcat Femto USB card, UpTone Audio JS-2 + 2x LPS-1.2 combo, Jcat SSD battery PSU, Jcat SATA cable, TotalDAC D1 USB cable, SOtM sMS-200, W4S Recovery USB, Jcat USB Isolator, Win 2012, AO v2.10

Digital: Lampizator Pacific DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Thank you Elberoth,

The Gigabite looks interesting.

I noticed that the clock speed is relatively low on the N3160 (1.6Ghz) compared to the 1.86Ghz of the DN2800. Will this be an issue/have an effect?

Jock

But you have 4 cores to share the load vs 2 on the DN2800. On passmark CPU test the N3160 is almost 3x faster than N2800.

Adam

PC: Hot rodded CAPS v4 Pipeline: Teradak ATX linear PSU, Jcat Femto USB card, UpTone Audio JS-2 + 2x LPS-1.2 combo, Jcat SSD battery PSU, Jcat SATA cable, TotalDAC D1 USB cable, SOtM sMS-200, W4S Recovery USB, Jcat USB Isolator, Win 2012, AO v2.10

Digital: Lampizator Pacific DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Ok, than this board looks like the perfect replacement.

Thanks for your help, i would have missed the 19v on the ASRock boards for sure

Jock

btw Nice speakers you have there:)

On 5/9/2017 at 8:19 AM, Jockaruba said:

Would this be a good way to go?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900TM-ITX/

My NAS uses one of these ASRock boards but it's the standard ATX model.  You can use a 12 volt Pico supply, which works great.  Otherwise a fancy hdplex DC to DC power supply will work as well, but you need more voltage like 19 volts.

nuckleheadaudio.com

1 hour ago, lmitche said:

My NAS uses one of these ASRock boards but it's the standard ATX model.  You can use a 12 volt Pico supply, which works great.  Otherwise a fancy hdplex DC to DC power supply will work as well, but you need more voltage like 19 volts.

Yes but I have this nice Keces powersupply that is 12V that I would like to use,

Thanks

18 minutes ago, Jockaruba said:

Yes but I have this nice Keces powersupply that is 12V that I would like to use,

Thanks

The Keces will work.  Just get a 12 volt pick supply.

nuckleheadaudio.com

Thanks of all the advise.

I found this one, don't think I can make it any easier

http://client.mitac.com/products-embedded-board-PD10BI.html

Same board with J1900

Drop in replacement with a Intel Bay Trail J1900 Processor

IMG_0602.JPG